A must-see on how to not bump the car ahead...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ... because it is true in every single racing sim out there, not just ACC. The principles are true in every sim. And people really should understand it, especially if racing online. Its simple, logical stuff, its plain reasonplain reason. And still so many do not get it, and after they caused havoc they call their own lacking skill the other driver's fault, may he be human or AI, it does not matter.

This is so much plain reason!

I dont drive online much anymore, never did it much anyway. But when I do, I tend to go echelon when trailign somebody and it comes to braking, I do not stay in column, no matter the slipstream. Becasue I do not want the other paying the price when i do not get my braking right. And I do not wnat to pay the price if indeed he suddenly does fancy stuff or indeed brakes too early. Do I know his sklill level? No. So I be on my guard. Am I free of human faults? No. So I build in margin for errors.

Online racing - last but not least is about being polite, fair and sportsman-like.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  2. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    That's true. You need to keep it cool and brake early, but the math in this video is pure BS. 14m is 4 cars but 1 car is 4.5-5m
    I wonder how a AC/ACC realistic if they do their calculations like that.

He is right that if they started braking at the same distance to corner the distance between them would start getting smaller.

If I'm following someone closely I lift earlier the give myself some space and then I try to get a better exit.

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    His maths is fine, it's the picture that's incorrect. He should've places two cars inside the gap instead of three.