App Adaptive AI primer/database tool

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by pixeljetstream, Jun 4, 2016.

1. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    given the excellent analysis by @CheerfullyInsane in this thread https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/the-new-adaptive-ai.5013

the idea of this tool was to create a database where people just enter the laptime they do for a certain track/car combo, and a tool generates adaptive files for them that have a user defined spacing (say your medium AI level is 90, and you want AI to be 85-95 or so). That way in theory less training needs to be done by individuals.

This works, however due to R3E's AI changing a good deal, it doesn't make the results very stable

Nevertheless the tool can be found here, and may still be useful for your needs.

https://github.com/pixeljetstream/r3e-adaptive-ai-primer

You may want to look at this thread https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/adaptive-ai-the-tool-how-to.12888/ how to use the tool

WARNING: When applying modifcations, it will overwrite whatever ai levels you had for that particular track/class combo.

UPDATE

The tool can also be used to reset the AI levels (not shown below, but there is a new button), which is particularly useful when R3E gets major AI changes.

The tool also shows your own best lap times that the aiadaptation file is aware of.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  2. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi !
    I don't have this file in my Documents. Whats wrong ? :)

3. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Maybe different folder? just search for the aiadaptation.xml

4. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi !

I searched my whole PC for that file. Can't be found. Hided files are searchable. I don't know why.

Maybe i should try to copy it from another user ?

5. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    You did actually do a race against the AI, right?
    It doesn't get generated until you do.

But here's mine:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/9pkk5a7dp7bgnzj/aiadaptation.xml
    Not a whole lot in it thus far, been too busy with RaceDepartment stuff to do much off-line racing.
    I'll update the link as and when I add more stuff to it. Mainly going to be Aquilas, FRJs and other low-power stuff.
    Everyone and their sister will be doing GT3s anyway, so.... :D

@jimortality @Christian Göpfert @mr_belowski @kendoslow
    Care to chip in?

6. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    @pixeljetstream Something just occured to me.
    If you get this up and running, can you make it so it lists both the AI levels and the approximate lap-times it'll do?
    That way we can simply hack the XML, and bypass the training runs altogether.
    (At least in theory..... :D )

7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'll dig mine out and post it :)

8. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
  9. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to say I have nothing to contribute as I have never ran a single race against the AI.:oops:
    Maybe time to give it a go, but when I do fancy an offline race I tend to fire up Race07 or GTR2.

10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Gonna ask if it's ok to share mine (as those are always also used in internal). Should be, but just in case.

11. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    exactly, the idea is that the tool writes the XML for you :)
    you pick the target level based on the lap-time you did + how much variance we should prime the xml file with.

@Christian Göpfert you can also pm me the file and I'll rip out hints to unreleased content (can sign NDA if I have to as well). The way the files are organized it's not visible what cars/tracks, just the ids, but yes you may have ids that are not publicly documented. You could search for those unpublished ids and delete the sections in the file prior sending as well.
    The class ids I use are from the portal html code, see: https://github.com/pixeljetstream/r3e-open-championship/blob/master/assets.txt

12. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi !
    I ONLY drive against AI. Thats why i wonder. I don't lie...but thanks anyway for the file.

13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Here's mine

Attached Files:

14. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Alright thanks guys, we have something :)

http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https...aptive-ai-primer/blob/master/docs/sample.html

No actual tool yet, but at least some database view...

The best way to handle this would be webinterface where people send in files, and the database is always updated... but I am not a web programmer

Next step is a ui frontend that modifies your aiadapatation file based on the database and what your target AI levels would be.

However as the numbers currently show, we would need tons more files, to get reliable numbers.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  15. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    looking into the files a bit deeper, it worries me that the variance is so high. So all the timing values where it's not just 0.0000 (single value) we have variances that go up to 2 seconds. I also saw some inversion, like lower AI faster than higher AI because different people drove.

That would kinda suck, if AI performance is very machine dependent. Obviously it's gonna be flaky a bit, say one lap had a car crash in it... but still

we will see how it works out. If not, well theory at least was tested ;)

s3s could generate the numbers by running the AI simulation over every track/car for different AI levels (no visuals loaded, so could be computed quickly).

16. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I just had a look, watch out for the Nords times, i know nothing of coding n shit but however you are reading them the dis[play is wrong, maybe im reading that list wrong but certain times appear to be missing the 0, 7:1.3252
    7:5.0966 7:2.6565 7:1.1512 Bathurst 2:7.1534 thats not 2 mins 70 :)
    Maybe im reading it wrong like i say.

17. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    I'll get onto RD, and see if I can't convince some of our regular club racers to pitch in.

Annoying, but not that big of a problem.
    We are after all only looking for a rough estimate, with 2-3 levels of AI on either side. If one or two entries are a little off, you should still be in the right ballpark.

18. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    2:7.153
    2 minutes 7 seconds 153 milliseconds

• Like Like x 1
  19. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    @pixeljetstream hi,i only got 5 or 6 Races against the AI.Is it worth anyway for the Database?I will do some Race's against the AI till mid next Week for testing Tyres/Fuel and Pitstop strategies over longer runs.Maybe should upload then my aiadaptation.xml file.

20. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    whenever it suits you :) the more data the better