Problem Ai feedback

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nico Kunze, Feb 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Well, you should either not overtake under yellow, or you should set the flag rules to "visual only".

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Its really not worth running penalties against ai , as they dont serve penalties , so only you will
    Before you say make the ai serve penalties
    We did , its a minefield so its not happening

Andi

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I have run flags on full for a while now and haven't had any of the issues with flags that I've read others have, to the point that I was thinking that full flags wasn't working on my system.
    Silverstone Int, T3 still a mess with the AI but pleased to say that after sneaking through the carnage I did get pinged for passing under a yellow and was given a time period (20sec maybe?) to give back the position, which I did and we carried on.
    Seems my flags do work after all :)

4. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I have pretty good AI experiences at Brands Hatch GP, I did however see the worst AI behavior I've seen in RR there, AI in first place lost it coming out of T1 down the hill, ended up in the sand then shot across the track at a million miles an hour, hit the fence on the other side of the track, then rejoined at T2 without dropping a spot and then carried on like nothing had happened! Wish I had of recorded it, bizarre!

5. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Following on from my previous post...why do the gravel traps not work as intended? Why can you and the AI just drive out of them? If you end up there, you (and AI) should be stuck! Maybe a little less stuck around the fringes to give you a chance but in the middle...stuck!

6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You can get stuck in gravel traps with the NSU TTS: https://forum.kw-studios.com/index.php?threads/nsu-tts-gravel-trap-bug.15089/

7. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    GT2 (the "new" with Porsche, KTM and Audi) AI has some issues in Spa, in Corner 2 of Blanchimont.

The often Spin there, tried AI level 100+

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    WTCR 2021 at Brno (adaptive AI). AI breaks at T3 exit near the end of the left side curb. No matter if 2 AIs are side by side (both tap the breaks) or if AI is alone and not on the edge of the curb. You can easily drive by. They loose about 3 tenth and it happens EVERY time at EVERY lap with ALL AI cars. Should be easy to reproduce and hopefully fixed.

9. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I did a GT3 race on Norisring, and the AI is too slow even on AI difficulty 120. Apart from that, they tend to clip the left wall in the second part of the chicane.

10. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    What lap times are you doing and what lap times are the AI doing?

11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I think I did a 50.8 in qualifying trim. The AI was around 3 to 4 tenths per lap slower on AI difficulty 120. In general, these lap times are on the slow side compared to the real life lap times from this weekend for some reason.

12. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    AI re-joins to the track need looking at, had a couple now that have run wide and then turned at unrealistic angle with mega speed to regain their original place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Did a 30 minute dtm 2020 + gt3 race at chang (full cicuit) today, 15 dtm ai, 24 gt3 ai and at 117 strength. The ai struggle quite a bit through turn 1, there were about 8 spins there (each one of course causing a yellow flag which in turn causes further trouble) and seeing how they go through there its not hugely surprising.

Almost half of the cars going through here are either making contact with another car or just getting sideways on their own..

Also on the last 2 laps some of the ai started pitting for no real reason

14. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    At a strength level that high, they don't look that bad to me? o_O

15. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Then we may have different standards :D
    I know its never going to be perfect but there are 4 collisions in that 20 second clip and several significant solo slides. Thats immersion breaking situations every few seconds (although as a driver youre luckily only there to witness them once a lap :D) and overall 8 spins in one race. With how the ai handle yellow flags thats a potentially race breaking situation every 4 minutes.
    (And i know programming wise thats probably wishful thinking but theoretically a higher skilled ai driver should be less prone to making mistakes)

16. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Wrong thread and while its not up to me to decide i wouldnt expect your request to be granted, afterall you literally just said you deliberately put people into the wall... (and if im not mistaken this isnt your first ranked ban either)

17. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    That l
    Looks way better than when i reported real spins at lv 105 like a year ago. Cars were actually spinning out there on lap 1. Bis this looks actually fine. and car contact is more than realistic especially at that level. I do understand the problem with yellow flags though but this small slide actually triggers a yellow already? that is a bit too sensitive :D

18. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Car contact is realistic just because of going a bit faster? :D
    But no, nothing in this clip triggered a yellow. This clip was just to show them generally struggling through there and that because of that its not surprising they end up actually spinning sooner or later. In that race there were around 8 actual spins through turn 1, each obviously triggering a yellow flag. A couple spinners got going again very quickly, a few took quite a while with other ai crawling past in the meantime and one spinner kept getting rammed by another ai going back and forth for a fair bit

19. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Nothing to do with standards? just pure physics .... the faster they go, the closer to the limit...

20. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    And yet when watching drivers in real life theyre not constantly having those moments and youd imagine the pros are as close to the limit as physically possible.
    Plus its not like the ai are actually close to the limit, most of them had best race laps that put them 1.5+ seconds behind what these cars are capable of

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.