Problem Ai feedback

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nico Kunze, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +765 / 0 / -0
    Reported , being looked at

Andi

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. P. Smorzalo

P. Smorzalo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Update on the AI race pace problems.

As I already explained, in a normal race the AI leader of the race slows down allowing the other cars to catchup. That's bad, but there's another problem.

If you simulate a multi-class race (gt3 and gt4 or P1 and P2) you will notice that the fastest class will still behave as normal, and his leader will slow down... BUT the slowest class will behave totally differently in the racepace creating another big problem:

Basically they will start driving even faster than in qualifying, even 2 seconds faster in a 2 minute circuit... the game try a sort of an impossible catchup between the 2 categories with the leaders of the P2 category lapping unbelievable times.

That's bad too.

Hope in a fix.

3. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Cannot confirm that at all. As soon as the leader has some distance to second place car, he laps quicker than the battle pack. Just like IRL. A minor issue is only that a battle pack slows each other down a little bit too much for my gusto.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. P. Smorzalo

P. Smorzalo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The leader slows down, try again, pay attention amd let us know.

5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +378 / 0 / -0
    Now took the dpi to road america and if the ai fully delivered itd be an endurance racing match made in heaven.
    My first experience however wasnt quite that. First tried a practice session against just 11 dpi at 111 strength and on pace was around 9/12. Decided to go for 110 strength for a 35 minute race against 11 dpi and 35ish gt3 and all of a sudden im easily the fastest car on track even though i was on hard tires and the ai were on mediums, ended up winning by 45 seconds (a lot of which of course being due to traffic management) with 3rd place already over a minute behind.. . Best race lap for me was a low 50 while most ai were in the 51s but despite that they were gaining like 1.1s through the carousel which isnt ideal for immersion :D. They were also veery fast through turn 6 but lost quite a bit in turn 5.
    This race also had me wondering if the ai run engine map 5 during the race or if they treat that as a quali only map because while i was running a couple clicks less wing than standard i wouldnt expect that alone to lead to such big straight line speed differences.
    Another thing was that in both the practice session and the race one particular dpi was a lot slower than any of the others, at least 2 seconds per lap. It was the mostly yellow car driven by some french driver, maybe something in their talent file has them hating road america :D

Attached Files:

6. BasilFawlty

BasilFawlty New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    20 mins into a GT2 race at Hungaroring, there is a car suddenly slowing down before me around turn 4. I pass. In the entry of turn 5, I see a car standing across the track. I carefully pass. Then I'm told to give back position. The car I have passed first and which has slowed down unnecessary too much, is nowhere behind. In order to give back that position, I would need to stop for considerable time, perhaps wasting 5-10 sec on a spin far ahead of me.

So I hesitate. Stop and go. Open Steam, force quit.

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 0 / -0
    Well, you should either not overtake under yellow, or you should set the flag rules to "visual only".

8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +765 / 0 / -0
    Its really not worth running penalties against ai , as they dont serve penalties , so only you will
    Before you say make the ai serve penalties
    We did , its a minefield so its not happening

Andi

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I have run flags on full for a while now and haven't had any of the issues with flags that I've read others have, to the point that I was thinking that full flags wasn't working on my system.
    Silverstone Int, T3 still a mess with the AI but pleased to say that after sneaking through the carnage I did get pinged for passing under a yellow and was given a time period (20sec maybe?) to give back the position, which I did and we carried on.
    Seems my flags do work after all :)

10. Koly™

Koly™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    AI1.jpg
    Brands hatch GP, most of all the cars here are off road and make crash, 20AI or more, any car, any AI difficulty, AIW issue

20230618073702_1.jpg

11. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I have pretty good AI experiences at Brands Hatch GP, I did however see the worst AI behavior I've seen in RR there, AI in first place lost it coming out of T1 down the hill, ended up in the sand then shot across the track at a million miles an hour, hit the fence on the other side of the track, then rejoined at T2 without dropping a spot and then carried on like nothing had happened! Wish I had of recorded it, bizarre!

12. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Following on from my previous post...why do the gravel traps not work as intended? Why can you and the AI just drive out of them? If you end up there, you (and AI) should be stuck! Maybe a little less stuck around the fringes to give you a chance but in the middle...stuck!

13. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 0 / -0
    You can get stuck in gravel traps with the NSU TTS: https://forum.kw-studios.com/index.php?threads/nsu-tts-gravel-trap-bug.15089/

14. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    GT2 (the "new" with Porsche, KTM and Audi) AI has some issues in Spa, in Corner 2 of Blanchimont.

The often Spin there, tried AI level 100+

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    WTCR 2021 at Brno (adaptive AI). AI breaks at T3 exit near the end of the left side curb. No matter if 2 AIs are side by side (both tap the breaks) or if AI is alone and not on the edge of the curb. You can easily drive by. They loose about 3 tenth and it happens EVERY time at EVERY lap with ALL AI cars. Should be easy to reproduce and hopefully fixed.

16. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 0 / -0
    I did a GT3 race on Norisring, and the AI is too slow even on AI difficulty 120. Apart from that, they tend to clip the left wall in the second part of the chicane.

17. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,935 / 0 / -0
    What lap times are you doing and what lap times are the AI doing?

18. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 0 / -0
    I think I did a 50.8 in qualifying trim. The AI was around 3 to 4 tenths per lap slower on AI difficulty 120. In general, these lap times are on the slow side compared to the real life lap times from this weekend for some reason.

19. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    AI re-joins to the track need looking at, had a couple now that have run wide and then turned at unrealistic angle with mega speed to regain their original place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +378 / 0 / -0
    Did a 30 minute dtm 2020 + gt3 race at chang (full cicuit) today, 15 dtm ai, 24 gt3 ai and at 117 strength. The ai struggle quite a bit through turn 1, there were about 8 spins there (each one of course causing a yellow flag which in turn causes further trouble) and seeing how they go through there its not hugely surprising.

Almost half of the cars going through here are either making contact with another car or just getting sideways on their own..

Also on the last 2 laps some of the ai started pitting for no real reason