Archive: Esports WTCR OSCARO 2018

Discussion in 'Esports WTCR' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Apr 3, 2018.

?

Who will win the opening race in server 1?

1. Alexander Dornieden

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Bence Bánki

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Tim Heinemann

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Nikodem Wisniewski

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Kévin Leaune

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. someone else

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Second round of invitations has been sent (up to P124). Please be aware, since the RR esports team (= me) is at the RaceRoom Café Event on saturday, you have to send your confirmation until friday!

2. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Round 5

Stewards: Mike Bell / Robert Wiesenmüller

Server 4

Rinke vs. the game
    Final lap

Rinke was wrongfully given a 30 second penalty by the game.

Previous position reinstated

Server 3

Courtois vs. Duran
    Lap 1 leading up to Turn 13

Duran hits Courtois into the back coming up to Degner 1. It’s a bit unfortunate that Courtois spins from the contact, but it’s clearly a mistake by Duran

3 points - 1 strike - Gerardo Duran

Server 1

Rebernak vs. Leaune
    R1 Lap 2 Turn 1

This is quite a tricky scene.
    Rebernak overshoots turn 1 a little bit and as a result, is a bit slower than normal.
    Wisniewski and Leaune go side by side. Leaune goes into the corner with racing speed while being on the inside and overshoots the corner too, and hits Rebernak. Wisniewski turns in a bit on Leaune, which affects Leaune’s car behaviour though. Leaune could have avoided this accident by driving slower into the corner, but all these factors are contributing to the accident.

10 points – 1 strike – Kevin Leaune

Rächl vs. Honzik
    R1 Lap 5 Final Chicane

Honzik brakes far too late for the final corner and spins off Rächl who hits at a normal point, costing Rächl 12 positions.

20 points – 2 strikes – Jaroslav Honzik

Goarant vs. Rebernak
    R2 Lap 4 Turn 1

Rebernak hits Goarant in turn 1, who crashes hard. However, leading up to the incident, Goarant changes his line 4 times. Under braking, Goarant commits to the left side but then moves back right under braking. You can clearly see it from his cockpit and when you look at the white pit exit line painted on the track. Rebernak’s attempt was risky but we do think the accident is caused by Goarant changing line under braking.

No action
    Message to Gaetan Goarant: Do not change the line so often! It was the same last race. Nothing would have happened if you change lines once and keep your line under braking.

Mesaoud vs. Dencs
    R2 Lap 11 Spoon 2

Messaoud passes Dencs and does not leave enough space for Dencs, squeezing Dencs off the track.

This is the perfect example of an illegal overtake. You have to leave the other car enough space!
    10 points - 1 strike – Redoine Messaoud

Total list of strikes:
    Redoine Messaoud – 3
    Jaroslav Honzik – 2
    Florian Hasse – 2
    Christian Garcin – 2
    Gerardo Duran - 1
    Kevin Leaune - 1
    Moritz Löhner - 1
    Gaetan Goarant - 1
    Elisson Flauzino - 1
    Milan Stevanovic - 1
    Nuno Pereira Tang - 1
    Damian Hall – 1
    Tiago Mendes – 1
    Nikodem Wisniewski – 1
    Marco Müller – 1
    Attila Dencs – 1

3. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
  4. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Don't panic if you do not receive the gridmail tomorrow! The esports team is at an event at the Nürburgring and the password will be sent to you on Sunday noon!

5. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Today is raceday! Highlights from last race arrived in time!

6. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    It's live today 18:00 GMT.

Teams and drivers:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. lkp21

lkp21 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry for the lap1 incident
    Miss my braking point completely :(

8. Nyil

Nyil New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Guillaume Vigneron!

I'm sorry for the big big my mistake!

9. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Well, to be honest, I am still pretty mad about it today. I will certainly need one more day or two to really calm down.

However, you've got the decency to admit your fault and to apologize so you are half forgiven ;)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  10. rom_rs

rom_rs Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,
    I've notice an error in the multiplayer championship standing : http://game.raceroom.com/championships/20#standings

There are two "Caryl Vega" in the standings, ranking 64 and 70 :confused:
    The first Caryl Vega, rank 64, is the real one (he's my teammate) : correct !
    The second one should be me : Romain Demeyer, belgian, rank 70. The livery of my hyundai is the #30.

Thanks,

11. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Round 6

Stewards: Mike Bell / Robert Wiesenmüller

Server 4

Matzick vs. J Nagy
    Lap 1 Hairpin

Nagy hits Matzick in the hairpin from more than 100 metres back, having not slowed down enough. He could have just gone straight on and, but instead he turns into Matzick and wrecks him.

5 points, 5 strikes – Joszef Nagy
    J Nagy is excluded from the Macau race

Server 2
    Hensel vs. da Costa
    Lap 3 Final Corner

Hensel goes up the inside of da Costa into the final corner. Da Costa turns in and leaves very little room. They touch and Hensel spins. Da Costa really should have left more room but we think this incident is more an unfortunate event.

Warning – Dylan da Costa
    Little advice: If you lose the rear end in such a situation, floor the throttle. Since it’s FWD it will stabilize itself.

Mukimov vs. Everitt
    Lap 10 Hairpin

Mukimov brakes early in the hairpin and catches Everitt off guard who follows him in the slipstream. Everitt hits Mukimov off as a result. It is unfortunate for Mukimov but there is no way that Everitt can expect this braking point.

No penalty

Vigneron vs. Nyilas
    Lap 10 Hairpin

Nyilas brakes too late for the hairpin, locks up and hits Vigneron at high speed. Vigneron loses a lot of positions.

6 points, 2 strikes – Laszlo Nyilas

Server 1

Goarant vs. Pinczes
    R1 Lap 1 Turn 2

Pinczes and Goarant are in a big battle after the start. Out of the long snailcorner Goarant is on the left, and Pinczes comes too far over to the left and hits Goarant into a spin.

10 points – 1 strike – Adam Pinczes

Rebernak vs. Dencs
    R1 Lap 1 Turn 4

Schulze and Rebernak bump each other coming out of turn 3. Rebernak moves to the left and pushes Schulze a bit. Schulze gives Rebernak room for a moment, while Rebernak moves slightly to the left. They touch, Schulze spins on the nose of Rebernak into Dencs, who is completely innocent and crashes hard.
    The stewards had a long debate about this one and while it was not instantly clear, it was Rebernak drifting further left who caused the accident, but Schulze also could have done his part by giving more room. It is not a big accident, it just really sucks for Dencs who has no chance at all.

5 points – 1 strike – Kevin Siggy Rebernak
    Warning - Klaus Schulze

Benedek vs. Kevorkian
    R1 Lap 2 Hairpin

Kevorkian brakes too late for the hairpin, locks up and hits Benedek at high speed. Benedek loses a lot of positions.

20 points – 2 strikes – Nicolas Kevorkian

Rebernak vs. Bánki
    R1 Lap 5 Hairpin

Banki brakes too late for the hairpin, locks up and hits Rebernak. Rebernak loses time as a result, but does not lose any position.

5 points – 1 strike – Bence Bánki

Pinczes vs. Dornieden
    R2 Lap 1 Hairpin

Dornieden brakes too late for the hairpin, locks up and hits Pinczes at high speed. Pinczes loses a lot of positions.

20 points – 2 strikes – Alexander Dornieden

Rebernak vs. Löhner
    R2 Lap 1 Turn 2

Rebernak tries to go for an undercut on Stange and moves to the inside in turn 2. Rebernak is fully ahead of Löhner, but not fully behind Stange, gives Stange a small tap and also slows down a lot when he takes the inside line. Löhner hits Rebernak and takes the position.
    This was another difficult scene, but after rewatching it we do not think that Löhner could anticipate that Siggy goes to the inside, because Löhner sees that Rebernak is alongside Stange.

Racing incident

Bánki vs. Jarschel
    R2 Lap 12 Long Straight

Jarschel changes his line 5 times on the straight to break the tow or to block Bánki (or Löhner, which was not reported).

5 points – 1 strike – Tim Jarschel

Dencs vs. Game
    Final lap

Dencs was given an unjustified 1:30 penalty by the game.

Dencs will be placed back in P14

Total list of strikes:
    Joszef Nagy – 5
    Redoine Messaoud – 3
    Laszlo Nyilas – 2
    Nicolas Kevorkian – 2
    Alexander Dornieden - 2
    Jaroslav Honzik – 2
    Florian Hasse – 2
    Christian Garcin – 2
    Kevin Siggy Rebernak – 1
    Bence Bánki – 1
    Tim Jarschel – 1
    Moritz Löhner - 1
    Gaetan Goarant - 1
    Elisson Flauzino - 1
    Milan Stevanovic - 1
    Nuno Pereira Tang - 1
    Damian Hall – 1
    Tiago Mendes – 1
    Nikodem Wisniewski – 1
    Marco Müller – 1
    Attila Dencs – 1

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  12. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I think it's rather unfortunate that your tires aren't up to temperature upon spawning when using the rolling start in Qualifying.

13. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    There is almost no difference. In fact it’s faster with cold tyres and brakes don’t ask me why but it has always been like that in Leaderboard competitions.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    I received a few messages that the gridmails haven't been received by some drivers. I have sent them all, so maybe it's a technical issue. If you have registered for the race, and are still missing the passwords, send me a PM.

15. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    The virtual engines will roar for the final time this year when the Esports WTCR Oscaro heads to Macau for the final showdown. There is truly no other track that even comes close to the danger and atmosphere of the street circuit. The fast corners in the first corner, on the edge of being flat out with walls on the outside, make you hold your breath, even though it is just RaceRoom and not a real car. On the other side of the track, things get really twisty, and the Melco hairpin is so tight that it has been turned into a permanent yellow-flag zone, to prevent cars from getting stuck there.

[​IMG]

Many championship dreams have been crushed in the Macau barriers, and Bence Bánki will be relieved that he has already wrapped up the title in the previous round. Looking at the pre-qualifying times, it’s hard to believe that anyone can even keep up with him. Bánki set the fastest time, almost 7 tenths faster than the second placed Kevin Siggy Rebernak. This is by far the biggest gap in any of the pre-qualifying sessions. In comparison, in Zandvoort, Messaoud and Leaune were only separated by 8 thousands!

[​IMG]

Behind Bánki, things get close. Rebernak was one tenth faster than Gergo Baldi in 3rd, with Jaroslav Honzik and Attila Dencs rounding out the top 5. Rebernak sits in 3rd in the standings, only 2 points behind Tim Jarschel, but Jarschel only managed 13th in the qualifier. Florian Hasse and Jan Stange might join in the fight for 2nd overall as well, and they finished 9th and 11th respectively.

[​IMG]

The final broadcast will go live on Sunday, November 11th, at 19:00 CEST (18:00 GMT). James Kirk and Robert Wiesenmüller will be commentating again, and you can watch it on the FIA WTCR OSCARO Facebook page or on YouTube:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    I just sent the gridmail again to everyone. Please check if it arrived now!

17. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    It seems to be a general problem. Please check your spam folder or write me a PM if you still have not received anything.

18. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
  19. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
  20. djwave

djwave New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0