Are Raceroom Physics realistic ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TundraGrad4, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    My buddy told me that it feels nearly real but the fear is missing.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Is there a source for this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Well, some cars are crap :p

But i would say that after GT3s update, everything else feels considerably worse (maybe except FWDs)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    doesn't the m235i already have the "hodgkinson signature physics"? I somehow remember it being the first one...

5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Nope, GT3s are first of Alex's. M235i has still this weird stiff feeling to it (even though it's really soft). This is something that started to bother me recently :p

6. Giorgos Tzanetos

Giorgos Tzanetos Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Around 56:15

• Like Like x 2
  7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    i like the m235i pretty much

8. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I wish more people thought the same way. Elitism in an already niche community is just about the worst thing possible, and it is unfortunately present.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. To anyone not already a simracer or hardcore gamer, we're all just "maturity challenged men and women playing video games" for the most part.

You've got people slamming games for being "arcade", meanwhile an f1 driver hops into into f1 2016 and drives a perfect lap on the track preview show. Even the more mass focused games of the current era achieve some pretty impressive simulations.

10. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I also like M235i, but there is something weird about it. Could be related to inertia, which Alex mentioned was a bit off in old GT3 physics

11. Alan

Alan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    To combat this and increase the adrenaline, I have my missus standing behind me waiting for me to crash and bounce the frying pan of my noggin.

Its effective, but we've broken a few.

• Funny Funny x 8
  12. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    In my mind Race Room has the best physics so far. many of the cars that have not been updated still drive very good with a little setup tuning. Take the Ruf out for a spin and feel the way it responds to throttle and trail braking. Not bad for an "old" version. What seems strange to me is that one of the other PC sims has terrible physics on the street versions of most cars and people still buy it. I've owned every sim or driving game made since 1999 and that includes Gran Turismo 5 and 6 on the PS3.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Coming from AC for me the physics are there. On GT3 I only have the McLaren 650 GT3 and have tried the F3 too. The GT3 felt understeery with the default setup, but once some changes done it become more balanced to my style.
    I think I just need to customize more the FF on my G27. Need to be careful as is easy to screw up the feeling. The part I am having trouble is braking. I am not getting enough feedback compared to AC.

14. LangCaster

LangCaster New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i just started driving RR and to me it's the most realistic sim with great physics and development behind it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I really like the Callaway Corvette GT3 right now. It matches my driving style better than most. Nearly all games that allow a game pad option will have a slight under-steer that we tune out. Race Room is better than most when using a good wheel. At least most of the default cars can still be raced without pushing off the track.

16. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    realistic or not its the most fun sim to drive right now, great ffb and car handling make it a lot more fun than the other games to me

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    FTFY :D

18. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I agree sth is missing there.There used to be a breaking effect slider in ffb setup,they took it out,after ffb update, cause it was messing with another effect.I think the best way to compensate that feel,is to increase lateral
    if someone knows more please enlighten us

19. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    This just shows how differently we simracers perceive what is best. To me the most realistic is AMS, with rFactor 2 being close 2nd, and R3E third. I'm not too crazy about AC, but I have to admit the last time I've tried it was a while ago.
    On the fun scale R3E is really good though, but it crashes/freezes too often

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  20. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I find FFB slip vibrations give a good feedback.

• Agree Agree x 1