Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I've been skeptical of the ACC lately because of the tire model and performance.

All in all, it's gotten great now. The DLC is awesome. Multiclass work great.

The only minus is UE4. For me, Raceroom is visually the best.

2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Really don't get that, big fan of RR been with it for along time, and to say it is better visually is just mind bending, there is no comparison between the 2 titles every so often I'll nip in to test the new stuff here, and though for RR was best for visuals it ain't nomore when you leave RR for awhile and return there is so much missing visually and in details, I really hope they upgrade RR eventually.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I like the color scheme and clarity. ACC at 1440p I have to sharpen up to 130 and still everything is blurry in the background.

In RRE I like the "realness" of the picture and I am glad that it does not have a riot of colors.
    Yes, the graphics are "simpler," but to me it looks more real.

4. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Assetto Corsa Competizione | Multi Cam | British GT | Mercedes AMG GT4 @ Donington Park Circuit

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Apparently the game will be f2p the first weekend in June. A good opportunity for those who don´t have it to test out system requirements and gameplay wthout the 2h refund limit prior to the Steam summer sale.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  8. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Do you happen to know if thatll include only the core game or also the dlc?

9. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    No I don´t, Kunos haven´t officially said anything but you can always give the DLC a free trial for 2h then ask for a refund. Disclaimer - it may not work for DLC only base games.

I figure Steam will run slowly on Friday as a number of other games are going to get updates.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    F2P weekend has started but can´t say I am that impressed by it so far.

11. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
  12. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Am I the only one who gets worse performance with the 1.8 version than before? DLSS definitely helps, but without it, the game runs much worse both on the desktop and in VR. I'm on Win11 though, not sure if there are known issues with the combo.

13. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Not tried yet, but I'm very curious how it affects VR.

14. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    1.8 completely broke the game for me, it crashes randomly after a few minutes and every time, and image quality is way too dark. I tried some things, also deleting AC2 folder in AppData, and resetting options, it made no difference. Currently the game is unplayable for me and completely broken. No mods in use, only CrewChief, nothing else. VR driver here. Steam forums and others indicate not everbyody is affected, but quite some people. Very unhappy. Dead game for me - wile being my favourite racing sim. Hope they fix it.

15. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    To articulate my problems a little bit better from yesterday:
    I was monitoring my performance with fpsVR and it was interesting to see that basically both my CPU and my GPU are on the limit: when I enable DLSS, my GPU is only running around ~70-80% and my GPU framerates are fine, but it looks like on the other hand, the game got more demanding (or malfunctioning) regarding AI calculations: basically it doesn't matter how low I go with the Car LOD and visible car settings, I have this periodic jump in my CPU framerates and my game stutters like hell in the middle of the pack.

And I saw a similar trend on the desktop: when I'm hotlapping alone, I get 130-145 FPS with DLSS on, which is nice. But with a full 30 car grid, I'm suddenly at 55-70 FPS, while it was easily around the 90-110 mark before the 1.8 version.

And I also had a few random crashes yesterday.

16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    1.8.1 out this noon. Fixed the ,most urgent issues, game is accessible and payable again for me. Some iossues remain, some opprutnties (Suzuka track for exmaple) still are no-go, but hey, its not just anybody but Kunos, in one decade they have not disappointed me during bug fixing ever, and insteads ripple-fired extensive patches.

Back in business I am, which is nice since I just got myself a Maclaren GT3 v2 wheel. :)

17. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    More decent performance stuff in the updates for me.. I'm not sure I'm getting the most from the settings yet, but after a little fiddle I can now get a 10 car grid at a stable 90, which is up from ~5 cars previously. Though as someone mentioned above, it does feel a touch dark maybe?

It's not exactly the 18-30 pack can get from all the others, but we're getting there.. This won't be my go-to sim any time soon, but with a new PC build in a year or so, this is increasingly looking like a solid contender that will be nicely rounded off by the time I get there.

18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    We are at 1.8.4 meanwhile, all the patches since 1.8 were around 350-400MB in size.

I seem to be stasble again, but only when leaving FSR - and DLSS anyway - off. Switching on FSR: crash.

Well, the few minutes it runs with FSR on before crashing again did not show me any gain that was apparent to the eye anyway (in VR at least, which according to Aris nevertheless should see some benefit in VR. But not on my system).

19. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I am running Windows 10 and not seeing any lost of performance since 1.8 patch. The FFB in ACC is now superior to the feel I can get in R3E on my low end (G27) wheel.

20. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1