Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    So im just getting into acc and since i cant quite wrap my head around their forum structure (cant even find a search bar) ill try my luck here first. Got a few questions about the ratings:
    1) are there any guidelines what sort of numbers to aim for with all the ratings to be in the decent to good range? Mainly interested in SA (perhaps also a trust/obwp ratio that could get you there), CC, RC (including the elo rating number)
    2) i fear the answer is no but is it possible to disable the ratings or at least the safety rating when racing against the ai?
    3) do i understand it correctly that in order to gain SA you need to be driving close to other cars (and what is considered close, like within a car length, within a second??)? Which effectively means qualifying on pole and just driving off into the distance is a wasted race as far as SA goes (except for the little trust you get for finishing) and so really you have to drive around slower guys which can always be a bit dangerous or against the ai (which i find even more dangerous)
    4) how does quitting a race affect the ratings, is there a difference between singleplayer and multiplayer and is there a difference between races that you started and races that you only joined while they were already running? I noticed when i joined a few servers during races just to get an idea of what kind of lap times people were doing and then immediately quit those races without ever driving those races still show up in my stats. Do you lose elo rating for such behaviour or just in general for races that you only joined after theyd already started?
    5) when you win a race that started with say 10 drivers and 8 of them quit throughout the race, will your elo rating gain be that of beating all 9 drivers or just that of beating the one other driver left
    6) perhaps just to know how important those ratings are gonna be to me, are they visible to other players or does it all just run in the background and is only used for server requirements and matchmaking?
    Thanks in advance if anybody takes the time to answer these questions (or just has a link that answers some of them) :D

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    1: SA in the 80s is good, don't worry too much about the other stuff
    2: Yes it is, it's in the game options and is definitely worth doing
    3: Partly. You gain more SA driving in traffic cleanly than driving on your own, you don't need to be just inches away from other cars for this to happen. You still gain SA on your own, but more slowly (as long as you stay on the track of course)
    4: Don't know
    5: Yes, you get rating for beating drivers who disconnected
    6: Generally only SA is important. Track "medals" (3 levels of competence at a track) and some other stuff can be used to restrict access to servers but these are easy to obtain from just the normal practice you do offline. Medals don't need the safety ratings to be enabled when racing AI, you can practice offline and get medals without risking your SA against the AI

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    That already helps quite a bit so thanks :)

4. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  5. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Assetto Corsa Competizione | Challengers Pack DLC | Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Type 992) @ Imola

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Cool car to throw around ^^

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Challengers Pack DLC | BMW M2 CS Racing @ Oulton Park

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Hey Guys,

digging deeper into ACC (taking a break from R3E for now tbh.) I encounter an issue setting up endurance events in SP Championship Mode (Open Series, cause I like to drive my own custom car & team).
    Setting up a 6h race with driver stint limit of 1 hr, it all works fine : driver swap, refueling, tyre change, repairs. As driving a 6hr race I obviously have to take a break. But when re-joining the race after I shut down ACC or doing a PC reboot (and empty cache), I always get 30 secs pitstop window added with no controls, no matter if I drop out of race right before I reach my pitcrew or after I completed my pitstop. If I leave ACC on and resume racing from that point it doesn't happen.
    Only way to circumnavigate this is to immediately return to garage, reloading my stint setup and continue racing from there. But that costs some extratime in case and it doesen't work very well (re-entering the race at P28 while coming from 6th :D).
    Is it a bug , should I use the pit window option or no pitstop instead of driver stint limit for such endurance races ?
    What am I doing wrong ?

8. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Got the answer at ACC Forums: It's a bug you have to save outside the pitlane...

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. Rampage

Rampage Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
  10. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Assetto Corsa Competizione | American Track Pack | BMW M4 GT3 @ Watkins Glen

11. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  12. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/805550/view/5388035914811519637

The wait is finally over!

The 2023 GT World Challenge DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione is now LIVE.

Experience the flow of the Circuit Ricardo Tormo, Valencia along with three new cars:

• Ferrari 296 GT3
    • Porsche 911 GT3 R (992)
    • Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo2

Load up Steam, get the DLC, download the update and get on track!

Also coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X/S later in 2023

Update 1.9.0

GENERAL:

- Added Circuit Valencia Ricardo Tormo as DLC content.
    - Added new Lamborghini Huracán GT3 EVO2 as DLC content.
    - Added new Ferrari 296 GT3 as DLC content.
    - Added new Porsche 911 (992) GT3 R as DLC content.
    - Added a batch of new liveries for the 2023 GTWCH season.

GAMEPLAY/UI:

- Added controller preset for Moza steering wheels.
    - Added support for new DLC track content in custom championship (via Open Series).
    - Fixed track selection not respecting user-defined order in Open Series championship mode.
    - Adjusted AI skill level for a number of gold and platinum-ranked drivers.

GRAPHICS:

- Fixed an issue with certain cars receiving an incorrect visual offset in their pitstop position.

PHYSICS:

- Updated Mercedes AMG GT3 EVO with latest advancements, features, and more.
    - BOP work
    - Improved tyre model
    - Improved tyre flex
    - Improved tyre heat generation
    - Improved tyre rolling resistance simulation
    - Improved tyre footprint simulation
    - Wider tyre pressure range (slicks 26-27psi)
    - Wider tyre temperature range (slicks 70°C-100°C)
    - Improved bumpstops simulation
    - Improved suspension end of travel simulation
    - Improved dampers simulation
    - Improved electronics logic (TC1, TC2, ABS)
    - New variable engine braking simulation (Huracan EVO2)
    - Improved aeromap simulation on yaw and roll.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.9| Ferrari 296 GT3 @ Imola

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  14. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.9 | Porsche 911 GT3 R (992) @ Nürburgring GP

• Like Like x 1
  15. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.9 | Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo2 @ Circuit Valencia Ricardo Tormo

• Like Like x 1
  16. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    ACC GTWC2023 DLC - The cars!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  18. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Players: The BOP is pretty bad.
    Aris: You just don't understand.

And yes, I don't understand. What's gonna change further into the season? They are applying Monza BOP to races on all other tracks, that's why cars aren't balanced. If they continue to do that - applying BOP from one particular race to all other tracks - nothing will change, essentially. And it's hard for me to believe that manufacturers wouldn't understand why a game needs its cars balanced for all tracks and not just one current IRL race, especially when that game has like twice as many cars and tracks than the current calendar.

19. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    But they don't do that actually, the ACC BoP is applied on a track-by-track basis AFAIK, that's what Aris explains there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    But that guy thinks the BOP is bad and the fact Aris needed this lengthy reply confirms that yes, there's an issue.

How do they do their BOP and why do they have to comply to real-life BOP even if there isn't one available for certain cars and tracks? Then, Aris mentions that for BOP they also work with e-sports drivers, and that there are other aspects of physics that they use to adjust cars' performance. Wouldn't manufacturers complain about that too?

It doesn't make sense to me.