Released Audi Sport TT Cup

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    Thank you! Push-to-pass how does it work and what does it do whit the car? Is it possible ones a lap or?

2. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    By pushing a button the driver gets a boost of 30 hp (310hp -> 340hp) for a few seconds. The number of boosts is limited. I think you can use it a few times a round. As far as I could see the boost needs to cooldown from time to time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    More importantly, do we get to take Mikaela Kottulinksy as passenger?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Just noticed some comments following that video about a release this week, it will not happen this week.
    We've had some issue to address regarding the suspensions of this car, and we will take some more days to let it sit with the betatesters. We also take the opportunity to include a substantial code update for the A.I. behavior throughout the game, more on that later in case it does pass tests.

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 3
  5. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    The following information about push-to-pass is from the official Audi homepage
    http://www.audi-motorsport.com/de/en/tt-cup/technik.html

Push-to-pass for more overtaking maneuvers

The so-called push-to-pass function will make for additional suspense in the 30-minute races of the Audi Sport TT Cup. By means of a so-called push-to-pass function the engine’s output can receive a short-term boost of 22 kW (30 hp) for overtaking maneuvers by pushing a button on the steering wheel. A blue lamp in the windshield indicates the boost activation. LEDs in the rear window show rivals and spectators how many times the driver can still use the additional power. The number of available boosts is defined by the regulations.

In the video above the number of available boosts for a 15 minute race was 16. He could use the boosts whenever he wanted during the race. The only limitation was a cooldown period between two boosts. The blue lamp in the windshield and the LEDs in the rear window of the real cars were missing in the test video.

The Audi TT Cup 2015 had 18 permanent drivers in the blue, white, yellow and black cars und 6 guest starters in the red cars, who were different in every race. In 2016 there'll be 20 permanent drivers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    It's a good news, that you're working on an AI update for the whole game. Before the AI update in summer this year, the battles between the AI cars were much more interesting. I hope, that we'll get this back and the Audi TT Cup as "christmas present" from Raceroom. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to this release, one make series are great for online and the push to pass is a nice little bonus to think about. Also pleased to read that the AI are having some work, they are pretty good as they are now but occasionally do something that bemuses me.

Any idea if some of the other cars will get the latest physics in the new update? I find it hard to go back to them after driving the updated cars, they float around quite a bit and the FFB feels very light and disconnected in comparison.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. KW Studios

KW Studios Official Information Developer

Ratings:
    +1,502 / 0 / -0
    Push-to-Pass function explained:
    The Audi Sport TT Cup car features the so-called “push-to-pass” function, which gives the car an extra engine boost of 22 kW (30 hp) for 10 seconds,
    followed by a 20 second cooldown phase, before it can be used again.

A blue LED light will signalize when a driver has pressed the push-to-pass button.

[​IMG]

Push-to-Pass can be used in all the sessions.

The number of allowed activations during the race is determined by the starting position:
    • Grid rows 1-3: 15 activations
    • Grid rows 4-6: 15+1 activations
    • Grid rows 7-9: 15+2 activations
    • Grid rows 10-12: 15+3 activations

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Concerning Turn 1 carnage it would make sense to skip qualifying and start from behind :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Will there be any other indication that push-to-pass is active? With a 0.8 FOV I don't get to see that side of the window and have an empty HUD :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    If I'm understanding this correctly the image is showing how push-to-pass light looks from the exterior so you can tell if a car behind you has it active (which is awesome). I would assume there is an indication on cockpit display as well as subtle audio cues when it is active much like DRS in the DTM cars.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As you can see in the video posted from P1TV, there's a pop-up info in the lower middle, showing you when it's on, in cooldown etc.

13. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    While I admire Sector3's attention to catch this detail, regarding the push-to-pass rule in reality I think it is another example of how to regulate motor sports to death with artificial complications from some functionary's desk. That's no criticism of Sector3, but a complaint about what is being done in real motorsports life. So, either have this function for unlimited use, or do not have it at all and simply have the motor output what it is.

I do not like this egg-dancing they do there. Personally I prefer it straight and honest - car versus car, driver versus driver, point. There is too much childplay getting implemented, and not just in one series, but in so many others as well. Namely formula-1.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. I think I'll push to pass on this one.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I personally find it quite interesting. It adds a strategic dimension to it.

• Agree Agree x 10
  16. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Push to pass.

[​IMG]

Motor sports. With the emphasis on "sports" (the "motor" part is right of the picture's boundary).

:D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Nicolas Leféroce

Nicolas Leféroce Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    :D Skybird !

This is actually something artificial but my opinion is the same as JF Chardon: it adds a strategic dimension to the race: I like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I'm with skybird, but in the same time it makes something special and different with the TT Cup which is fun.
    Though, I'm hoping for a non artificial low powered Mini Cup to come in the future. :)

@J-F Chardon The push to pass, is it just to press the button like in DTM, or hold it down?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    It is what it is...some series use stuff like this, some don't.

If everything is homogenized, it would be quite boring.

20. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Push to enable, then you have extra power. No need to hold. It lasts for a bit, then you have a cooldown period during which you can't use it anymore. So depending on the track, you might want to save it for "the next straight" and sacrifice the current one, while still keeping in mind how many you have left.

I'm looking forward to driving it in public MP for sure. The test races we had in beta were quite promising

• Like Like x 6