Released Audi Sport TT Cup

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Nov 26, 2015.

1. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    @Skybird
    well... Everything is artificial in motorsports :)
    Either it's someone paying a better Engineer team, or an other having more money to buy faster car or betters parts... or having a rich uncle that can pay your season in formula1 regardless your true skill.

There never was magic in motorsport, it's all about being the fastest driver ins the same condition than the other. P2P or not if your better than the other you should win, one way or the other.. the rule is the same for everyone and as long as everyone as the same car with a very strict regulation there's nothing else that your own skill to win.

I'de rather have P2P than weight penalties for ex...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I'm looking forward on that one... what i can see sofar it looks promising and really funny. Especially the sound seems really good. Ok, i haven't heard the TT in real life but I've heard the Golf GTI Cup this year in Oschersleben, using the same engine. That sounds pretty similar to the sound I've heard in the Video from P1TV...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Super hyped the new content is taking shape and really looking forward to giving it a spin. After reading OP and the specs of the car, isn't it a bit close to WTCC for it to stand out? Will it just be looked at as the slower TC's

Personally I feel something around the Clio Cup performance would have filled the gap in our garage a little better. That said, take my money thanks very much.

4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess what should be mentioned is the advancement of technology compared to even that from 20 Years ago. As you can see specially with series like DTM (high-performance sport in general) we've already reached a point were one is competing for millisecs of advantage - so that only new innovations can make the difference OR we have to return to old school racing with a minimum of modern technological aid - which I would appreciate as well - but on the other hand looking at world economy and the ongoing battles for recources, profits, advantage I don't think the actual course will be changed - Series like DTM are intended to represent a new (technological) age....and btw. dispite the fact I'm in my fifties I'm not a vintage car admirer - to be honest I find there are way too much cars on this planet - nevertheless I love these ultra-modern GT-TC-Proto-Hybrids like modern DTM cars. Find them sexy :) ....Actually I'm happy I have the opportunity to drive cars from all times with RRE.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    about the game, I can't wait to see how the car will be like by the magic touch of RRE staff.
    but in real motosport I really hope assisted overtaking is not the future, dtm and f1 have become quite boring imo because of the sci fi aero and the overtaking assists.I cant see how overtaking at the same spot at the end of a straight, without a hint of battle beforehand, is exciting. I believe all the juice is in the battle, to tire your opponent and force a mistake or pull off an unexpected crazy move

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I'm in no way defending these passing aids, but F1 got boring when Bernie started to homogenise the cars (mid to late 80's). When creativity went, so did passing/racing. So ever since, the worlds most expensive one make series (F1), has tried and tried to manufacture passing. The sci-fi aero, and all these passing aids, is/are a consequence, not a cause.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I somehwat agree, but a big reason these artificial overtaking devices came about is the overdepency on aero that has made the cars rubbish when trailing another car, especially in F1. KERS and DRS came about because the cars had become so aero sensitive that the wake of a lead car would destabilize the trailing car and make it very difficult to pass, so they introduced these overtaking decices to counteract that (rather than doing the right thing and making the cars less aero sensitive).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    I think the real "homogenization" started in 1996 when every engine was made into a V10 and from there onwards everyone is using the same architecture(then a V10,later a V8 now a V6).Whats the difference in that?Let people use an I4,a V4,a V6 whatever they want.But that will not work in the samely designed Tilkedromes...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I think this says it all...

"This means fantastic close racing is a certainty and you will need to be smart in your use of the push-to-pass feature to gain an advantage and punch a gap to the drivers behind you. Above all, the Audi TT Cup cars are FUN." -- Sector3

Speaking of F1, we'll all buy Formula Raceroom too :-D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't compare P2P to much with DRS. P2P is allowed for everyone, everytime - so it's name is a bit misleading. You can use it for overtaking, for defending, for closing gaps, for gaining some speed after a mistake and so on...

DRS used in F1 and DTM is just for overtaking when close enough to an opponent. So P2P has more a strategie-aspect, DRS not... I would even say that in comparison to P2P, DRS is simply unfair...

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I'm against homogenisation,but there are so many examples that it hasnt messed up a championship best one the epitome of racing, V8 supercars

12. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

100% agree
    Too much aero, not enough mechanical grip = difficulty to overtake.
    Futur F1 regulation seems to go on more mechanical grip and less aero sensitive package, but it's really hard to regulate them when they have such massive wind tunnel and CFD investment.

Would be me I would let them do what they want, give them a maximum shape size for the car and only massively regulate the Drag coefficient pushing them to lower it as much as possible (and it would be good for the actual green policy as drag reduction is great for fule consumption).
    Less Drag = less dirty air for the following car = more close fight.

13. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    DTM drivers are allowed to use DRS three times during a lap if they're within one second of the leading car on the previous lap, and I believe they can use it anywhere on the track they want to. They can use it for overtaking, defending, closing gaps, or gaining speed after a mistake (as long as they're eligible to activate the DRS). Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118328

Not trying to argue, just clarifying that point. There are some nuances that are different between DRS and P2P, sure, but they're basically same thing just with a slightly different approach/strategy to creating artificial overtaking because the cars are too aero sensitive to do it on their own. If I had to choose one it would be P2P, but ideally neither would be necessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. tomolart

tomolart Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Been hooked to this car by the numerous pro's seen with it with raceroom (Advertising working as it should then).

Should be a fun car online with P+P, need to find myself a league in EU now!

15. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Wow do I feel stupid! I've been asking for this feature for a while now but didn't realize there was a button to enable it.

16. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I'm not a big fan of the whole powerups thing, I guess that means I am officially old. :)
    I'm wondering if the ai in sp mode can have this disabled? I spend most my time in single player mode so, if I can disable it, the ai and i will be on more level ground...

I am however excited to hear that there is a possible ai update in the works! :D Really looking forward to a more competitive AI that is more spatially aware. :) yea!!!

I am however glad to hear that there may be a possible ai update!!! :D

Rich

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  17. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I'm drowning into my self-produced hype pond.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Season highlights and a question:Could that save @1:10 happen ingame?

19. Robert Holm

Robert Holm KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I believe so :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Already did such figure with wtcc car :p
    Flat out on the right foot.. The magic trick with FWD car