News (beta) Multiplayer Rankings

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Pro_10

Pro_10 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I think I've seen what I've seen, and seeing the complaints from the community, the best thing is to reset everything to zero.

in any case, those who were above will be above, and those who were below the same.

There will also be many people who do not take it seriously and do not care to hit others for these failures, thinking that to give equal points or cleanliness if the game is going to penalize you the same, either when you fall or when you freeze the image.

how can we see opinions there are many ..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    All in all there never will be a "just formula" for such ranking systems cause you will always have different personalities with different intentions. Tryhards for whom being at the top is the goal, veterans (like me) for whom to commune and having fun altogether with close and clean racing for the sake of it, learners (and casuals who just want to hop in) who simply want to gain experience in simracing and (unfortunately) might fall off the ladder more often because of a certain lack of experience, ppl for whom self-evaluation (for what reason ever) is part of their motivation, as well as more aggressive/ruthless and more defensive/overcautious characters inbetween that mix. And of course folks who do not care much at all (and whom you often find in shooter communities) except for bragging upon their own "skillset"...("git gut,moron, sarcastic smiley")
    With experience you learn to read all those types of drivers to anticipate/evade their moves but you cannot escape those actions at all times.
    Only thing I see with the current system is that clean and incident free driving should be more rewarded then gaining positions cause if you do indeed drive clean, attendive, patient and intelligently you mostly gain positions anyway (thats my experience after many years of simracing).Which brings me to the sessions schedules, cause from my POV it also depends a lot on the lenght of race. Sprint races always bring more unrest into the grid, regardless your talent or experience,while racing from lets say 30 mins onward your true skillset comes into play and is reducing the urge to get ahead at all cost...
    Guess there could be something done to create a more suitable order into the ranking system that fits all types of drivers...

• Like Like x 3
  3. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    "I wasn't on today":oops:
    When an unfortunate race incident causes your reputation and rating to drop significantly
    Let's take a break in such a case.
    Sleep is also good.
    Keep in mind that if you race clean again, you will never have a long time to recover what you lost.
    Be positive !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pro_10

Pro_10 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I enjoy running cleanly, no matter if they are short or long races.

But a very important incentive, which is called ranked servers for that, is the position where it is, either for prestige or because it is where you should be.

In my case, losing more than 300 points because of the game, because I was expelled from the server, is something that makes you want to keep running.
    it is frustrating to know that whatever you do at some point the game is going to take it away from you and precisely.

If they were my mistakes, because of my driving or because my pc does not work well, I would not be complaining or asking to be where I should.

If we add up those more than 300 points that have been unfairly taken from me, it should have about 2300 ...
    which would put me in second place more or less.

imagine my frustration, regardless of how much I enjoy racing.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. Ricardo Rebelo

Ricardo Rebelo Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    You keep making this point and it makes no sense: if you hadn't lost those 300 points you would have made in subsequent races WAY LESS points, as the number of points awarded is dependent on the ranking points you have at the start of the race. Both scenarios would converge in the medium term.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Pro_10

Pro_10 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "Ricardo Rebelo, publicación: 228575, miembro: 20392"] Sigues insistiendo en este punto y no tiene sentido: si no hubieras perdido esos 300 puntos, habrías logrado en carreras posteriores MUCHO MENOS puntos, como el número La cantidad de puntos otorgados depende de los puntos de clasificación que tenga al comienzo de la carrera. Ambos escenarios convergerían en el mediano plazo. [/ QUOTE]
    I understand that if all those points are not taken away, I would have them in my account.
    and it has been in a short time ..
    Regardless of the points you have earned, which have been few.

that is, the sum is correct.
    another thing is the points that have been able to gain or not. in my case they have been few.

7. Krzysztof

Krzysztof New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really like the idea of ranked servers, so much so that I put ACC aside. I try to drive clean without collisions, preferably when I have 0 incidents.
    However, sometimes it is almost a miracle, especially during the weekend, I had a reputation of 95, Saturday and Sunday were enough and servers where probably many people had the pressure to be first. It does not matter that it brakes on my car, pushes it off the road, in a bend it causes my car to turn, even some people probably don't think it, my blood is flooded.
    Reputation has dropped to 89, now I'm trying to make up for it, rating from almost 1,800 to 1,700, I'm deceived by how some people disrespect others on the track.
    I would be in favor of setting more restrictions for those who brake on my ass, so I will always be met by someone who starts at the end of the pack and misses the braking point.
    Two, if there are those who do not care and have it, it can set the servers to higher requirements, rep 90, for example and above, let there be a few such servers, can't you do that?
    What do I have to do to report people?

8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 16sth

16sth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    There is already a minimum reputation requirement for all but the rookie servers.

10. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    The current ones are still very generous tho, with a reputation of 80 you can already join all servers

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  11. chakkman

chakkman Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    A couplf of (probably stupid) questions:

Is the ranked multiplayer still in beta stage? What are the plans for the final then? And, will there be a league system, with constantly running series' (the Tatuus F4 comes to mind)? Will there be a report system?

Also, am I correct that the rotation of cars/tracks is a week? I can't tell exactly, because I only just started to get into ranked multiplayer.

Oh, and, it would be great, if the ranked multiplayer makes it to its final state, to release a rule book, which explains the way the rating is calculated, how reputation works, and how people should behave in the ranked multiplayer races.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Yes.

Yes, new combinations every Thursday.

• Like Like x 1
  13. chakkman

chakkman Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. :)

14. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Havent done ranked in a while so maybe im unaware of any changes but if the schedule states lets say P--:00 does that mean the race starts on the hour or does it mean the server opens on the hour and then has to go through training, quali and the race or does it mean something entirely different? Just wanted to jump onto the nordschleife server but it was already in quali at --:18 when the schedule says --:00 and the server has 25 minutes of training, cant really make sense of that one. Also the overview states its a standing start but when i did the race a couple days ago it was a rolling start. Aaand where do all those combos come from that arent on the official overview (talking about gt3 + gte at red bull ring, f3 at imola and touring classics at hockenheim for example). Is there any place one can get information on those combos (when theyre run, session lengths, open/fixed setup etc)?

15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    You mean you don´t have one of those S3S crystal balls? In that case maybe ask @CaptainCoffee as he is active and doing some online ranked stuff with access to the servers.

16. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I don't know how it works these days, but a few of months ago servers were open 10 minutes before the schedule. So quali started at schedule + 15 minutes.

Pretty sure it was simply overlooked. Things like that happen surprisingly often these days.

CaptainCoffee adds them when there's server capacity for that. Combos are decided by him or by votes/wishes on Discord...

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Well that doesnt sound unintuitive at all :D
    Guess ill just have to keep an eye on it and see if that pattern seems to work out or if theres even more to it
    Yeah that was more of a btw fyi point if anybody who can change those things comes across this post rather than any confusion on my side
    I see. Is there also info about them on discord or is that only where the wishing/voting happens?
    Either way, thanks for your answer and clearing up some things :)

18. Ricardo Rebelo

Ricardo Rebelo Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi Nico, since Captain Coffee took over the ranked races the servers now start practice at the time stated on the schedule.
    In Discord you will get sometimes some anticipation of the upcoming "extra" combos, though other times you do not :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Technically there is, but so far the only thing I see is "additional X combo is live" comment which quickly gets buried under all the other comments. Very inconvenient, typical Discord. (Upd: I found that some combos are mentioned in sticky posts. Together with combos that aren't active anymore.)

20. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +197 / 0 / -0
    There are a couple extra combinations online because of the holidays and they didn't fit on the schedule. It will return to normal with the next schedule!