News (beta) Multiplayer Rankings

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    I see. And just to confirm, the time on the schedule is supposed to be when practice starts?

2. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +201 / 0 / -0
    Yes correct, the time you see on the schedule is the time practice starts!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Just as an info the bmw 235i europe rookie #3 server should be fixed setup according to the schedule but is open setup

And while im here, any opinions on if this is worth reporting?

I mean i dont think it was on purpose but i feel like at some point certain moves are so risky/reckless that at least a warning from somebody on the official side might be appropriate. Cost me around 8 races worth of rating and reputation..

4. Ricardo Rebelo

Ricardo Rebelo Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Divebombs at the start there are unfortunately not uncommon, but it could have been an honest mistake, the braking point isn't easy to judge and he seems to be on the brakes just a fraction later than the black Vette that's quite ahead of him. Also, as you partially base your braking point there on the braking cues from the cars ahead, you're never safe from taking the cues from the wrong car, like when the guys ahead also misjudge it.
    In that case, he might have also not taken in due consideration the speed differencial to the guys in front as, having stated further back, he's going to arrive there at higher speed.

5. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps just to post my thoughts in a more on-topic thread as well, i think the timing of yesterdays update was rather unfortunate (if not pretty terrible). The p2 class received a physics update and daytonas grip levels were reduced in the middle of a competition with that exact combo and the 2.4h of daytona coming up (with that same combo of course) for which you need to qualify in the competition.
    The update means that a) anybody who wanted to set a competitive lap time on thursday, friday or saturday morning no longer has a chance to do so, b) any setup work that had been done earlier this week to prepare for the competition or the race is now completely useless and c) the whole concept of grouping people of a similar pace together for saturdays race doesnt really work because the cars thatll be driven are completely different from what was used to determine the pace groups.
    If there ever is a similar situation i hope those things can be taken into consideration and the update can be delayed by one week

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't even access the P2 Daytona LB for a short test right after the update arrived.
    I do not participate anyway...so np at all...
    But being somewhat familiar with the DPI's I had a hard time to just get the car under 1:40 min on a private practice session, tho I really like the new handling...but I'm quiet sure with the new physics (P2 +track update) the DPI are at least 1-2 secs behind the actual leading pack.
    There is also no new entry throughout the Top 50, that comes even close to that time...

Well, shit happens from time to time..:)

7. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    1-2 seconds would still be unfortunate timing but somewhat manageable but on a normal lap im 4 seconds slower now. Dont know how much of that is setup, how much is physics update and how much is track grip reduction but it results in a massive difference overall. I didnt plan on doing the big race either but mightve given winning the competition a go today and definitely wanted to do some 15 minute ranked races with that combo (although that server seems to be broken anyway, not sure it saves any results at all)

8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I'm finding the combination of reduced grip on both the track and the cars makes for a totally different experience than the one I attempted to qualify with. Not sure if I did qualify with a time before the update,
    I wouldn't feel confident to race in the new car, be fun to watch though, having the cars with the least confidence leading the pack off, could be an awfully short race for many. The timing of this update is most peculiar but then Ferrari coming to RR & rF2 having a usable UI, all in one week is all somewhat surreal. Maybe I woke up in the Metaverse man! Far out!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Has there been a change from the weekly change of combos to longer intervals or are there just some delays here and there?

10. Ricardo Rebelo

Ricardo Rebelo Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    There has been a change, now it changes every other Thursday

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    I see, good to know (although personally not a fan). Thanks for letting me know :)

12. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Am i missing something or does the dtm 2020 at motegi server never appear?

13. Ricardo Soares

Ricardo Soares Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Depends on your filter configuration and/or your racer rep.

Regards

Ricardo V. Soares

14. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Dont think either of those should interfere in my case

15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Was it resolved? I saw it was mentioned on discord. Sometimes the servers just don't fire up as they should .

16. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Didnt drive today so dont know but i could check if i see it within the next hour (and check my filters just to be sure)

17. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    @ravey1981 now it does show up, now just gotta hope ill catch a time when theres at least a few people on there :D

18. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Hm so far i hadnt noticed anything thatd go against that but now ive done my first longer ranked race and am back wondering how it all works :D
    A 45 minute/6 lap race on the nordschleife vln got me pretty much the exact same a 15 min/2 lap race around the same track with the same amount of incident points got me with a near identical reputation when the two races were started (rep was 0.01 higher before the long race and thus i gained 0.001 less than i did in the short race but seems like had the rep been the exact same pre race the gain wouldve also been the exact same). I suppose you wont really know the reason for that either but thought id bring it up just in case you or anybody else does happen to know more :)

19. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I guess there must be some kind of weighting given too..otherwise a guy could just run 1 really long race and gain loads of rep. As I said..I don't know the exact formula.

20. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    I suppose one could argue therell be less wheel to wheel battles in one long race versus in three short races so a slight reduction in gain might make sense but for there to be no difference between long and short races does seem a bit weird to me, after all you are still driving three times as long.
    But yeah, didnt neccessarily expect you to know, just curious if anybody knows more (and is allowed to talk about it ;D)