Boost on TM Wheels ¿Disabled on RR?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by totem, May 4, 2022.

Tags:
  1. totem

totem New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone, I have a TM T300RS and recently update the drivers to test the new Boost feature. I have tried it on Assetto Corsa Competizione and It feels a lot better, with more info from the road and constant forces, making a more realistic and enjoyable driving. Then I try it on Raceroom and I didnt notice any difference. I back to the driver panel and the boost option back to OFF when RR is open. So, its this feature incompatible with RR? There are any ingame options that affects to the Boost? Is disabled by RR developers?

Thanks in advance! See you on the road :)

2. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Don't do it.It's nothing else than cranking up the forces that will do your wheel a damage in time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. totem

totem New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, thank you for the advice. I use the wheel at 75% of maximum force. So there are other things than applies on boost mode... Have you tried it at ACC? A few people say it may damage the wheel, but, a manufacturer wants to break all their products? Yeah, I know they want to people buy new wheels but this way may be a little dangerous movement...

Anyway, when you activate boost mode, yo need to down your ACC ingame ffb gain, because of cliping.
    Maybe raceroom, that have the multiplier of FFB, prefers to deactivate this feature from thrustmaster. I dont know...

4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    As i said,i tryed it one time for curiosity.Completly useless feature.I drive with my TS-PC all in TM-standard and have a gain of 65 with my Sparco rim.Quit enough for me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    I always using 100% on my TS-PC and boost doesn't make any difference.

Also use 100% in-game and set the FFB multieplier at the highest possible without clipping.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. totem

totem New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is what I mean. If you can try it at other game like ACC, the boost is working and there is a improvement on road feeling, but in Raceroom, the game disables the Boost option at TM control panel. This is why we didnt notice any change.