Resolved Connection Lost

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Bodaz0815, Jun 2, 2016.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I've just read about a connection-Problem that might be similar to your problem.

It could be your Provider that is causing this issue by using Dual Stack lite. With DS-lite you get a routable IPv6 adress. If you want to connect to an IPv4-Server your provider Tunnels that IPv4-Connection and put that IPv4-Packages in IPv6-Packages. That DS-lite is known to cause connection-Problems.
    I'm not sure if the normal Dual Stack can cause the same problems, but as you get both IP-Versions in a normal Dual Stack it shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe you can check here if you are using Dual Stack: http://testmyipv6.com/ (I don't have Dual Stack or IPv6, so I can't test)

If you have that, you can ask your Provider if you can get a regular IPv4-Connection and check if that helps...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Was my theory initially, backed by some reports and tests on my end too, but it's not only caused by DS-LITE/IPv6. I still think it plays a part in how this error emerges, but it's not tied to it (only).
    But as Sonat mentioned, a potential fix is in the works. ;)

3. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I did the test and I am just IPv4, O2 hasn't implemented IPv6 for its customers for now.

I am getting a Fritzbox 7490 later this week, maybe the new router or the patch solves it.

Greetings

4. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Could you try to test this: https://lonesysadmin.net/2011/04/25/how-to-disable-teredo-ipv6-tunneling-in-microsoft-windows/
    I am not racing at the moment but it is an idea to disable the teredo 6to4 interface. (got a little frustrated and put my G27 into the cupboard.)

Greetings

5. TORRENTE

TORRENTE New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much for the advices! I will try it!

Waiting the patch too :)

See you on the track :)

6. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I didn't race since yesterday and I am here to say: My problem is finally solved! (since last patch)

Thanks to all developers!!!!

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1