eSports WTCC - Feedback

Discussion in 'Esports WTCC' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, May 18, 2017.

1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    We are only two rounds into the online championship, but there was already a lot to talk about. And of course, we are always interested in improving our formats.

So far, a lot of feedback has reached me over different channels. E-Mail, Facebook, forum posts. Positive and negative. But so that it doesn't get lost for future events or other people that work at Sector 3 or Raceroom, I would like to use this thread as a place where you can post your feedback and where we collect it.

Please be critical, but please also point out the good things! We cannot promise that we can use all of your suggestions, but we will definately take a close look and read it carefully.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tanguy Pedrazzoli

Tanguy Pedrazzoli Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Nice !

Good things :

- Great racing overall, while a good skill in div.1
    - FREE !
    - Great broadcasting of the competition.
    - Good BoP between cars.

Bad things :

- Some penalties somewhat weird
    - Can't change the car once in the championship.
    - The online championship is meaningless as people will have to re-qualify for the IRL finale, even if they win online. It is a let down that induces some lack of motivation.

Neutral things :

- Not FIA rules on tracks limit
    - The prize pool for IRL finale is not announced, while we are 3 rounds down.
    - The Civic being a lot harder than the other car while not being faster, even slightly.
    - No custom paints for the car.

3. Matteo Caruso

Matteo Caruso New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I totally agree with pedrazzoli except for the fact that i think it's a good thing to choose one car for the entire championship. I'd also add a couple of things:
    -I think people who don't own the content should be able to train until the day of the event. Not being able to train at the nordschleife until sunday is a big problem for example.
    -we should have race judges that will see the race live and take decisions based on accidents and simple contacts (just like any real competition).
    -Division 2 should start from the 31 position to the 60. This is a competition and i don't see why people in between should be excluded from everything. Plus, since the first place in division 2 have tickets as prizes, i assume some people will make a slower laptime just to get in there, especially if they know they can't compete with the top drivers in division 1.
    -Only the top 30 drivers at the end of the championship should take part to the live event, at the end of which, the drivers will receive the prize they deserve based on their position in the championship.
    I think that's all. I will add something in case it comes to mind.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Alexander Dornieden

Alexander Dornieden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    First of all a big thanks to Robert and all the other people who are involved in this competition. Really good and professional work!

Positive:
    - Great broadcast with many people watching
    - Organisation of the whole competition is on point
    - Cars are very well balanced
    - We got many new fast drivers into Raceroom which makes the whole competition very exciting

Negative:
    - Lack of information about prices
    - No informations about the final event in general

Suggestions/Feedback:
    Overall i'd say that this esport competition with WTCC as a partner is a pretty cool thing. It's easy for everyone to jump into this competition. You have the chance to take part in an offcial WTCC online race where many people are watching which makes it really exciting for all the competitors. If Raceroom wanna focus on esports thats definetely the right way to do so!
    But one of the problem i see and what Pedrazzoli already mentioned is that people can't really represent their team for example with custom skins. I think that's an essential thing for esport.
    I would also like to have more focus on the online championship in terms of prices because most of the people can't afford to visit an offline event. So i think you could reach a lot more people with focusing on the online championship.
    I already took part in a few offline events by Raceroom and it was a cool thing but it's hard to get all the people together from all over the world especially when no informations about the offline event have been released.
    Please provide all the informations about final event, prices, online championship etc. before the whole competition starts. If you don't do so many drivers especially with professional ambitions won't take part because they're not sure if it's worth it to compete.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Tanguy Pedrazzoli

Tanguy Pedrazzoli Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Amen. And really, we need custom paints asap :)

6. Yuri Bascope

Yuri Bascope Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Good things :

- Broadcast in many languages and always with a good audience

- IT'S FREE!

- Fast drivers

- Nice interaction with the fans

- Championship admin is very good

Bad things :

- Simulator is a bit raw yet, you can't penalize someone with 20 sec in the end of the race for example

- A lot of unnecessary contacts in the races, making it a total carnage and dangerous to fight for a position. This system of giving the fastest driver a chance to race is good, but I think the iRacing system with SR and iRating is better for a clean race. A lot of drivers are fast but got no clue of how fight for a position.

PS: I know I had two incidents in the 2 races, I include myself on this, I know i need to improve :D

- No informations about the final event, where it's going to be, which prizes will be available. It makes the planning for the travel, hotel, expenses more difficult.

- No money prize for the online champion. So if he has no chance to travel to somewhere to race in the final event, he won't get anything for his efforts in this championship.

- No custom skins, making the possibility to get a sponsor to pay for the end of the year travel more difficult

- Simulator netcode is a bit bad honestly, when someone from Americas/Asia/Oceania races against someone from Europe. rF1 had a better quality.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Norbert Leitner

Norbert Leitner Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Good things :

- Broadcast is very good. Nice quality with good commentators.

- Free enter to the championship for everybody.

- Fast drivers participate.

- Championship organisation is good, up-to-date all the time with results and everything.

- Nice balance of performance with the cars, pretty equal.

Bad things :

- Car (Honda) is a bit unstable on every track so far which is a bit odd with a FWD car.

- There are drivers who didn’t race and drive in a way that is acceptable. I saw many times leaving track and gaining advantage with it and in a battle they just push you out of the track like you are not next to his car.

- No info about the last event, and the prize you can get with it.

- No custom skins. In broadcast would be much better to see different cars and the spectators can identify cars more easy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    positive aspects:
    - fantastic broadcasts with competent commentators
    - very good organisation in total and especially in terms of championship standings/penaltys etc.
    - massive competition through everybodys free participation opportunity
    - motivating championship system/race format based on the real ones
    - exciting races thanks to a strong BoP

negative aspects:
    - so far no informations about the final event/prices
    - some missing real tracks (e.g. Marrakech or Qatar)

Suggestions/ovall feedback:
    First of all I'm personally really pleased with eSports WTCC, that's because we've the opportunity to take part on a virtual championship oriented on the real one where you gain so much motivation to see your name on the standing on top.
    Generally we can say this championship is a big step forward in the right direction for eSports racing!
    When I remember back to the DTM Summer Cup with the LB/Race format and in general championships - this was exactly the way why I stayed at RaceRoom for years and I think with this point I speak for many others.

Furthermore I would definetaly say that this WTCC championship is the best way to promote eSports racing in the gaming scene, when you see how many people are joining the events.
    At the end I really hope for a continous strong partnership between RaceRoom and their partners to provide that gaming experience for the future.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the feedback so far! More feedback is always appreciated, especially from the drivers who are not regular guests of the Division 1 grid!

10. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I'm not a "regular guest of the Division 1 grid". In fact I just started to participate for the qualification for the next race (at the moment #61 in the 3rd grid)... but what I can give as a feedback is, that the races were so awesome to watch via the live stream. The quality of the drivers, the broadcast and the commentary were absolutely professional! This is why I take part now, it raised my attention and made me to want to be part of this eSport community. I never entered an online league or eSport championship ever before.

I just want to give you some feedback as a fan of this format, criticism and improvement suggestions I leave to the guys that already participated in the past events (although I would like to underline point of the missing opportunity of custom liveries).

I know I will never get to the 2nd or 1st grid and could be on an online broadcast, but competing with the guys in the 3rd division would be like an awesome achievement for me... if not ok, than I will watch the races live on the internet with a cold beer and some chips... and at least this eSport event brought me to try to increase my skills and drive more R3E.

I hope to see more this kind of eSport events in the future.

• Like Like x 5
  11. thunderchild

thunderchild New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am also not a "guest" of division 1, but in division 2 I am always represented .... I've been playing racing simulations for half a year, so I'm not a professional. For me this is hard work.

First time great praise to robert and the esports-wtcc team for the great work. It's fun to be here.

Positive: Live broadcast; Several divisions; Wtcc supported; Professional commentators in the live race; Broadcast in several languages.

Negative: No own painting of the cars possible; No own name on the cars; No information on the prices, No information about the offline race.

Sorry, my english is bad :)

12. Nikodem Wisniewski

Nikodem Wisniewski Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Positive: Great broadcast, official series, good stewards,
    Negative: No informations about prizes and live events, no own liveries, some poeple think there are no rules during race :)

It would be great to see official results with drop-week, like the table with all points and next column points with 1 drop week