eSports WTCC - Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'Esports WTCC' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    With the eSports WTCC, we try to find to best of the best of online racing and give them a huge stage to show their talent. But also, we want to give the casual racers and newcomers a chance to enjoy the league and participate in it, on the Leaderboard, in the lower Division races, in the Final Event or as a spectator on the broadcast.
    Therefore, the eSports WTCC is more than just a league. It is a community that connects racers from everywhere. To make this a bit more personal than just seeing the names on the screen, I want to ask everyone here to introduce themselves. There is a little questionnaire below.
    1. What's your name?
    2. What is your history in simracing?
    3. What wheel or other steering device do you use?
    4. How did you find out about the eSports WTCC?
    5. What are your hopes and dreams for the season?
    6. Who will win the online multiplayer championship?
    7. If you are stranded on a deserted island and you can take 3 things with you, what would you take?

• Like Like x 2
  2. MADMAKC

MADMAKC New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    1. Cyriak 'Yakc' MATER (normally qualified in D2) from France.

2. I began with Grand Prix 4 in 2003 with an old Logitech Wingman Force GP, then switched to Toca Race Driver 2 and 3 before Race Driver Grid in 2008. *time flowed* I bought a Logitech Driving Force GT in 2011 to match with Shift 2 Unleashed *time flowed* I discovered sim racing in Q2 2015 with Assetto Corsa and that was the click ! Instant buy with Project Cars (no comment) and Dirt Rally (no comment again), I registered on RaceRoom too at the same time (435 hours of driving) ! I bought my license on iRacing in december 2016. So today I'm driving in RaceRoom (driver and CM of the WTCS by PLM online championship), in iRacing and Assetto Corsa essentially. Here is my YouYube channel just in case you want to check it out ! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVnAivhiZ33ornHpa-Rnh-Q.

3. I'm using a stock G29 since november 2016.

4. I found out about the eSports WTCC via the RaceRoom / Sector3 facebook pages.

5. That would be awesome to take part to each D2 races of the eSports WTCC OMC.

6. The most regular driver on track.

7. Unlimited water production device, a knife and a solar powered electric lighter.

See you on the track sim bro's :) !

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  3. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    1. Guillaume Vigneron from France

2. I made my debuts in simracing when I was 14 years old with my father's Thrustamster RGT FFB Clutch Edition. At this period, I was playing to GTR2, rFactor and Race 07/GTR Evo. However, the gas pedal of my father's Thrustmaster RGT broke and I didn't touch a steering wheel until 2014. So, I have bought a Logitech G27 and I come back in simracing after at least 4 years without a steering wheel. Since 2014, I have practiced a lot and done some online races in simracing games like RaceRoom, Assetto Corsa and more recently rFactor 2 and iRacing. Since Feburary 2016, I have joined the Team GTR3, the only 4000% RaceRoom french crew and I am now one of their track marshalls.

3. I am currently using a Logitech G27 Racing Wheel since July 2014.

4. I found out about the eSports WTCC via Sector3 forums.

5. I hope to take part in at least one D1 race of the eSports WTCC OMC

6. Like MADMACK said, the most regular driver on track.

7. Isn't it obvious ? My steering wheel, my pedal and my shifter :D

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  4. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    1. What's your name?
      Pascal Herbig

I started in small rFactor leagues around 2009. Joined iRacing in 2012 but had a sabattical to concentrate on other things in 2014. R3E got me back into real SimRacing and my first real league on my Comeback was the TCOne with the 2015 WTCC cars. Since then I joined the Virtualracing.org community finding some good success in the 2017 VRTM season where I am currently 5th in points.

I use a Thrustmaster T300 base with the Ferrari F150 Formula 1 Rim and T3PA Pedals.

I saw it on this very forum.

Qualify for a lot of races and maybe get the odd podium or two.

Division 1 could be a battle between Impact and Euronics. I think Alex Dornieden will have the edge this year but never count out Julian Kunze. The other divisions are too hard to call.

7. If you are stranded on a deserted island and you can take 3 things with you, what would you take?
      Some good friends, beer and a plane to get back home once the party is over.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Norbert Leitner

Norbert Leitner Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    1. What's your name?
      - Norbert Leitner from Hungary.
      - Started simracing in 2007 with F1 Challenge in national leagues. In 2013 I get invited into a team in Formula SimRacing, I had 1 race win in Ace division in my 4 years there with rFactor and rFactor 2.
      - I was raced with Raceroom in the TCTwo championship with the Audi TT last year.
      - Recently I started participate in iRacing Blancpain Series.
      - And I like rallying so I am handling a BMW E30 M3 in the Racedepartment championship with Dirt Rally.
      - I'm using a Logitech G27.
      - I found out from the WTCC facebook page and by friends.
      - To make it into top division race on every track, maybe a top 10 in the chamionship.
      - Well, I'm not really into raceroom recently so I hardly guess that, but I know Tim Heinemann and Alex Dornieden will be fast. Maybe my fellow countryman Gergo Baldi will make things hard for them :)
      - Definetly some car for the terrain, unlimited petrol for it and water :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yuri Bascope

Yuri Bascope Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    1. What's your name?
      Yuri Bascopé from Brazil
      Started on F1 Challenge 99/02 in 2008. In 2011, switched to rFactor 1 and serious simracing. My first win was in the 8 Hours of Daytona 2013, driving with my joystick! I'm a Brazilian Endurance Champion of 2015, in the LMGTE class.
      Logitech G27
      By a news on OnWheelsTV website
      Get some strong results in the Division 1
      Me, of course
      My acoustic guitar, my simrig and my fiancée

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  7. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    1. What's your name?
      Jérôme Roudot from France
      I have begining racing game with the famous Gran Turismo on the first playstation. Ans since, passed by multiply style of racing game, arcade, sim-arcade and sim. I really started sim with race 07 i believe and first with a gamepad. Now i'm runing Assetto Corsa, Raceroom (of course) Dirt Rally and continue a little Race 07 (love the wtcc extreme on it ^^)
      I use a very old Fanatec Forzamotorsport CSR + CSR pedals (non elite version for both) + A fanatec standing wheel Black Friday edition
      By the Sector 3 forum just after take my hand on the new WTCC 2016, such a great news for the sim racing community IMO
      there's some aliens on this game, so i stay realist. Maybe some D2 races because on Monza, it's just amazing to have the 157 position in D1 (when screenshot have been taken) and last time i check 160. I don't think be this fast on other track so yeah, maybe some races in D2 or at least good laptime i have didn't expected to do ^^
      No idea, there's a lot of good drivers (or alien) here so, wait and see ^^
      Good and hard question at the same time. I think, all my stuff for playing (cause i'm in video since i'm 5 years old and i'm 31 now) my e-cig (because it's hard to quit smoking) and some beers (alcohol can be dangerous for your health)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alexandre Rufino

Alexandre Rufino New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    1. What's your name?
      Alexandre Rufino from France
      I started simracing at 11/12 years old in 2003, playing LiveForSpeed and F1C99-02. I started on keyboard, then bought a Trustmaster RGT Clutch Edition, which died after two month and then bought a G25. I started playing all kind of Sim, my favorite being GTR2, rFactor, Race07.
      I did several seasons in french F1 league and one or two endurance events each year. I stopped all "competition" in 2012/2013 focused on studying. I discovered Assetto Corsa which I fell in love with the driving feel.
      I played R3E for the first time in early 2013 when it was still BETA i think, i really didn't like it and didn't come back to it until TCOne last year, which gave me desire to try R3E again and it was simply awesome. I qualified for TCOne16 but i got back suregry just before the first race and had 3 month of recovery. So here I am, willing to take revenge on my last year's health ! :b
      I also played iRcing for some weeks but really didn't liked it. Also bought pCars and was disappointed. Finally, also played Simraceway, and more importantly won a trip to Sonoma where we were supposed to have some driving time on the Mitsubishi EVO 10 but never seen the color of that trip. :x
      I am currently using a Fanatec CSR with G27 Pedals, DIY Hydro handbrake, all of this mounted on Fanatec CSL Seat. 32" low-cost Toshiba TV screen. Triple 27" to come soon. I will attach a pic.
      I was in TCOne last year but couldn't compete as said earlier in 1), so i'm really excited for that season to start and was waiting for it !
      Obviously I would like to perform well. I didn't had really much time to explore Car&Track combo, I have very few driving time on R3E so Division 2 is pretty satisfying but if I can make it to Division 1 with time and training i will be more than happy. I race for pleasure before all so I don't have any expectation in terms of race results.
      SpongeBob !
      Something to eat&drink forever, something to drive but no electric engine, and something to draw/build/create.

Thank you for taking the time to read my intro, and see you on track ! :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Mohamed Raafat

Mohamed Raafat New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    1. My name is Mohamed Raafat but friends call me Moe, I am the only Egyptian on the leader board and I qualified into Div. 4 for Monza
    2. I've been a fan of the Gran Trusimo Series since it's inception and i played lots of racing games using controllers/keyboards due to the simple fact that i love cars and racing. It wasn't till 2015 that i took sim racing seriously when GT academy was announced for my country. I borrowed a wheel and started practicing hard and racing online. I didn't make it through in GT academy and i am still waiting on another chance in 2018
    3. I have a 2 month old Logitech G29, Steering is meh but i love the pedals
    4. As part of my regiment to practice for the next GT academy i take on as many racing games as i can. I heard about how raceroom was for free so i intended on trying it. been messing with it for a month and a half. once day i open it up and i find the e sports qualifier in the "competitions" tab and there was 2 days left untill qualifications closed which is why i worked till i got into Div 4 then stopped
    5. I want to be ready for GT academy, so any time behind the wheel being competitive should be good for me. That said it wouldn't so bad if i was crowned champion for one of the lower divisions
    6. May the best man win ;)
    7. a Machete, Matches, and a playboy model

• Like Like x 1
  10. dctoe

dctoe New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    1. Tobias "dctoe" Howard - Baltimore, Maryland. USA
    2. I started with the original GranTurismo game. In fact, that was the reason for buying my first Playstation. I saw a commercial for it on television and knew that I had to have it. I have owned every version since then and started online racing with it 6 years ago. While racing in a Parity League, I learned about Assetto Corsa through a gentleman who said that he was leaving to go and pursue PC racing. Being involved in IT, I have known that PC sims would soon take over the market and chose to leave with him. Since then, I have met a lot of people and wound up buying pCars and consequently R3E. I have chosen to continue my online racing with R3E because I believe it is the best and easiest to get involved with. Not to mention that by keeping things somewhat simple, there are less problems with graphics and lag, or the need to have special equipment beyond a steering wheel.
    3. I use a G27 wheel and shifter and a Logitech F310 gamepad for things like making seat adjustments and TCS settings. I also use Dashmeter Pro for GTRx (Android) set up in a MoTeC config for visibility. For someone who asked about viewing Delta in an different post, it does have a Live Delta widget that works very accurately.
    4. I was browsing through the Competitions and found it. I am a fan of FWD cars and thought that it would be fun and interesting.
    5. To win would be the obvious answer. But realistically, I a pretty regular Div 7 guy, so that's not likely. But to participate and have fun and possibly affect the outcome is my goal. To come out of it a better racer with a few new found and respected friends would not hurt either.
    6. Who will win the online multiplayer championship? - Check with me after Round 5. I'll tell you then. ;)
    7. My laptop - My guitar - A multi-fuel generator. The rest I can figure out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Matthew_Wheeler

Matthew_Wheeler Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    1. What's your name?
      Matthew Wheeler

I have competed in a few different leagues. I started with Race 4 Speed in their GP3 championship, and worked my way up to win the Macau Grand Prix one year with them. I have also raced in a few of the Touring Pro Series leagues (Super Tourers and TC1 2016) which started off pretty terribly, to be honest. However, I was pretty consistent in the TC1 series being the lead Citroen driver at the end of the season.

Now days I do Sim Racing in the Realish Racing League and the Zero Racing League, whilst being a multiple championship winner in the latter one.

Logitech Driving Force GT. I really should upgrade at some stage.

Honestly I don't fully remember, but I think it was somewhere on Facebook.

A win (in Division 2) would be pretty cool. But qualifying in Div 1 is something which I don't see happening. But who knows.

I've been a team mate to Juan Manuel Gomez in a couple of seasons, and he seems to be able to be quick in any car. He'll be a tough one to beat.

Probably a friend so that I don't get lonely... The other two items would be like games to keep us entertained.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    1. What's your name?
      Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan aka Mr.C
      2009 started as back of the grid slow poke to team owner to community admin to 2016 half decent fast driver in fwd cars (superhuman at most, not yet an alien)
      TS-PC - need to change
      Robert Wiesnmuller
      a. Fastest swingman driver #swingman4life
      b. Fastest Romanian
      c. Fastest Lada
    6. Who will win the online multiplayer championship? Kunze because Kunze.
    Long range missile + Kunze location + Dornieden location

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  13. Julien Schein

Julien Schein New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    1. What's your name?
      Julien Schein from Belgium.
      I started racing simulations in 2005 on LiveForSpeed, never stopped since. In 2014 I went racing on Assetto Corsa mostly but I like to experience every sims out there.
      Logitech G27 with Fanatec ClubSportV2 pedals.
      I didn't knew much about RaceRoom until I joined my first ever league race called WTCS by PLM about a month ago and the guys were talking about an eSport competition comming up soon.
      I'd like to achieve strong results in division 1 and eventually show that I can be the fastest Belgian out there!
      As I'm pretty new to this game, I have no clue who I am racing against so, it's hard to tell.
      A karting assuming there is a racetrack there of course lol, and 2 competitors to race against (male or female but if female better be hot and fast!)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
  14. Tanguy Pedrazzoli

Tanguy Pedrazzoli Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    • What's your name?
    Tanguy Pedrazzoli from France.​
    • What is your history in simracing?
    Almost none, I have been racing in iRacing since a year now, but I havent done any major leagues or event, this is my first.​
    • What wheel or other steering device do you use?
    TSPC Racer + Fanatec CSP V3​
    • How did you find out about the eSports WTCC?
    I saw a publication on facebook, downloaded R3E and I was in :)
    • What are your hopes and dreams for the season?
    Hopefully, winning some races, and winning the final. I lack some experience, but the pace is there, and I got it rather fast.​
    • Who will win the online multiplayer championship?
    As I dont know the guys very well, I don't know. Kunze and Stange seemed pretty fast, but Dornieden is my favorite for now. Maybe I will play a role in this, will see :)
    • If you are stranded on a deserted island and you can take 3 things with you, what would you take?
    3 magic lamps, so I can go back to my place, and I will have 8 others wishes.​

15. Thomas PETITJEAN

Thomas PETITJEAN New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What's your name?
    Thomas Petitjean from France, Paris.

What is your history in simracing?

Start on Forzamotorsport 2 for fun. On Forzamotorsport 3 i have to join few team for improve my skill. During the French championship in live i finished P5. And for the world championship qualification in LAN i finished P2.
    Since 5-6 years, i make a pause in simracing for stay focus on my studies.
    They are 6 mounth i'm back on pc with Iracing.

What wheel or other steering device do you use?

T500 RS + pedals T300

How did you find out about the eSports WTCC?

My 2 team mates Tanguy and Stephane.

What are your hopes and dreams for the season?

Feel a new feeling with the victory.

Who will win the online multiplayer championship?

Hum... They are no drop so... My mate Tanguy is really quick, but with 1 round in less, maybe Dornieden. I thinks he is the best on the last round on the Hungaroring.

If you are stranded on a deserted island and you can take 3 things with you, what would you take?

We are 3 in my head. So just me! Loool

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ando Balins

Ando Balins New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    1. What's your name?
      Andis Balins from Latvia
      I started racing simulations when BMW released their first M3 with V8 engine and with that came out game on gtr-2 platform. since that I have been playing different games now and then. until recently i found Raceroom :)
      This is the fun part. :D I drive with keyboard.
      Playing Raceroom I regularly checked competitions, and there it was.
      I'd like to get into an another race final stage for div 3 and dream of div2 final
      someone with proper simulator set :D
      knife, flint and first aid kit :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. TFR MotorSport

TFR MotorSport New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    1. What's your name?
    Levente Toth from Budapest, Hungary (16 yrs)
    After many years of RC racing, my simracing history started with Rfactor and GTR2 in 2014, and since then I have tried Race07, Assetto Corsa, Rfactor 2 and Raceroom. My favourite class is GT3, I have competed occasionally in different international leagues.
    Logitech G25
    I found the competition among the Raceroom Competitions on the official portal.
    My main goal is to make it to the top 20 drivers at the end of the season, and at the same time, it would be great to compete against the top drivers in the world of simracing on different tracks
    Probably Dornieden.
    First of all some kind of a boat, first aid kit, food and drink supply.

18. DerHek

DerHek Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    1. What's your name? : Derk Hekman (41yrs) from Assen the Netherlands . Member of the Dutch/Belgium Raceroom community Get Real Racing Team (GRRT)
    2. What is your history in simracing? :First racing game was in the 80's ,don't no how Its called,driving along a cliff road with a police chase. In the 90's I found the Granturismo series on the ps , en played all of the series until 6 came out, it was a disaster. In 2013 I got myself a gaming pc and the first game I installed was race07 , shortly after that I got introduced to Raceroom experience by friends of mine ,and that's what I play most of the time. Also playing AC,PC,RF2,AM,F1,Dirt and IR.
    3. What wheel or other steering device do you use?: Fanatec CSW v2 ,BMW / formula wheel , CS shifter , Heusinkveld pro pedals
    4. How did you find out about the eSports WTCC? : Sector 3 studio / YouTube/ team members/ Google+.
    5. What are your hopes and dreams for the season?: I hope that I can make it in to one of the online races . :D (mission completed ,messed up the race :( ,want a rematch, I'll be back again ;)
    6. Who will win the online multiplayer championship?: My favorite for the win is Julian Kunze in his ROAL Motorsport Chevrolet.
    7. If you are stranded on a deserted island and you can take 3 things with you, what would you take?: Hard one to answer!! As I'm always at home sitting in my race rig,the chance that I'm stranding on a deserted island is one to a million I'll say. But I have to take something with me, a satellite phone, knife, big bag off weed ( I'm still Dutch) not using the phone until the big bag is empty ;).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  19. Benoit Dumas

Benoit Dumas New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    1. What's your name? Benoit Dumas (23yrs) from France, Aubenas
    2. What is your history in simracing? started to race in championship with F1 05 on ps2, then it grow up each year with moving on pc with rfactor where i created my own championship with friends, participate to F1 Tactical (rFactor) championship where i have been champion 4 times. enjoy challenge, did the world record on Dirt Rally- Pikes peak /208 T16 last year before they switch the physics.
    3. What wheel or other steering device do you use? T300 GTE with G27 pedals
    4. How did you find out about the eSports WTCC? was curious to see if there was any interesting esport competition i could try to participate as a new challenge for me
    5. What are your hopes and dreams for the season? be faster and better each race, raceroom and wtcc is new for me and wish to be able to make one podium or Top 5 during the season.
    6. Who will win the online multiplayer championship? Maybe Julian Kunze
    7. If you are stranded on a deserted island and you can take 3 things with you, what would you take? A DeLorean DMC -12 for be able to time travel, a Sea Plane, and a Jeep.

20. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    1. What's your name?
      Jonathan Schelstraete , shellstrate is fine to pronounce :p
      It really started on the GranTurismo-series for me where i spent countless hours on LeMans with my pad, no steering wheel for me back then.. Then searched a Dutch-speaking community to race with and eventually we became the GranTurismoRacingTeam , where we raced also together with other groups like Raceworld and GTHQ.nl.
      Then came the day i got my hands on a DrivingForce GT steeringwheel and could borrow a frame from a teammate. Bought me a raceseat and I used this for about half a year and then bought me a Playseat + Thrustmaster T300 which i now own for about 2,5years..
      I also got me a pc back then and started of with RACE07, but quickly switched to Raceroom and AssettoCorsa which I enjoy both to this day. Raceroom has much more playtime then AC though.
      Thrustmaster T300RS + TH8A shifter, for example with WTCC-cars i use the sequential stick. Pedals are next on the menu :)
      Through the Forum here.
      I hope to still make it into a Division 1 race, will be hard though.. I hope to find some setup tweaks which work well for me also.
      Many candidates and every race has its surprises so really hard to tell.
      A nice lady, some friends maybe, my mp3
    Greetings
    Jona