Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Anyone with the CSL DD and using Fanalab with the wheel base set in PC mode?

If you are using this configuration, are you getting anything on your wheel display? And is the wheel automatically matching degrees of rotation for each car? I hope I did something in the setup thats causing neither of these features to work. Any advice with this will be greatly appreciated.

2. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    It seems that CSL DD profile doesn't work in PC mode, even after latest update.
    One thing you might try (I didn't have time yet) is to remove CSL DD profile from "documents/simbin/..." and from game files in steamlibrary and then verify the gamefiles to make sure the latest profile is downloaded in your system. If that doesn't help just switch to compatibility mode till it's fixed.

3. Flybarless

Flybarless Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    After today's hotfix patch where the item "A problem with the AUTO setting of the steering angle for the Fanatec CSL DD has been fixed" I thought I would try out the PC mode of the CSL DD. Unfortunately, the steering wheel animation does not work properly. So I went back to CSW mode and loaded the old profile and all is well. Is this a known new problem?

4. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Alright. Back to compatibility mode it is. Hopefully this will be sorted sooner rather than later. I believe the ball is in Sector 3's court, concerning this issue.

5. finitol

finitol New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    In PC mode doesn't show digits or anything on mclaren V2 wheel oled screen. Is this issue noted by developers or an issue only on my combo DD+mclaren wheel?

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, just decided to come back to raceroom after a long hiatus and spending almost 400 hours in AMS2. Just need a change of scene for a while, i see raceroom has improved significantly since I last ran it. I have one issue though. I run fanalab but can't work out how to get the rev leds to work properly, it is like I need to turn something off in game that is interfering with it. The rev leds are going schizo but I can't see anything to switch off to get the fanalab ones to operate them independently. Any ideas?
    Cheers

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    In controls settings you should find a Rev LEDs off/on button mapping under the gameplay mappings in the list.
    Maybe this shuts down the interferring R3E LEDs.

The games own Rev LEDs are working quite well though, if you just aim for having RPM indication. (If that's the case, turn the Fanalab ones off, otherwise try the switch-off by the button mapping, maybe it helps)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    The only issue I am having with the CSL-DD in PC mode is the game not setting soft locks. Other than that, the base seems to be working just fine. I still have to make control sets for each wheel rim I use, but that's fine. I also updated to the latest wheel driver and had to update the firmware for the base and the steering wheels. The Rev LEDs works best without Fanalab getting in the way.

9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I was able to get it sorted, I run all the fruit through fanalab so need the revleds working. I did get it sorted out but weirdly after mapping ingame buttons to turn the revleds off every time I run the game it is back in and I have to cycle through to turn them off again.

10. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I won't have time to check until Wednesday, but has anyone tried the CSL-DD in native mode with RaceRoom? Is everything ok, does the automatic soft lock work, is Fanalab able to work the wheels LEDs without issue?

11. graveltrap

graveltrap New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    No, automatic setting of wheel rotation degrees does not work when the CSL DD is in PC mode (SEN = Auto, Match Animation active in game), it does function correctly in compatibility mode.

• Like Like x 1
  12. John Smith Racing

John Smith Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I remember seeing somewhere posted in these forums that DD1 users shouldn't apply any damping at the wheel however the
    Fanatec recommended settings have damping set to 25, can someone from sector 3 confirm that the Fanatec recommended settings can be used as is?

Thanks in advance.

13. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I just purchased the CSL ELITE PEDALS 2 weeks ago and come to find out the load cell kit has been discontinued.

Will there be a new load cell kit available for the pedals or did i just waste money on the purchase?

I’ve been wanting load cell pedals and I was totally disappointed seeing the kit being discontinued as I’ve ordered the CSL DD and a wheel and wanted a decent load cell pedal set.

Unfortunately I’m passed the 14 day window to return them so I guess I’ll give them away if there’s not a load cell option for them.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  14. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I'm wondering about that as well, and I have a CSL-E set with the Loadcell brake pedal. I hope the entire set of pedals are getting some revisions, but I feel there's nothing the CSL-Es can do, that the CSL pedals can't. With the new set existing, the older pedals are just redundant and eventually will be discontinued.

15. BreadedVirus

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    There is a fair few people wondering about it too....

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussio...kit-and-fanatec-communication-strategy#latest

16. BreadedVirus

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    So there is a load cell kit available for the CSL PEDALS from what i see here on this topic, but nothing about the elite pedals....

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/comment/72497#Comment_72497

https://forum.fanatec.com/uploads/752/FT03WXK9BG76.jpg

Looks like I did waste my money on the elite pedals after all and I am curious to know why discontinue a product that is compatible with a product they still sell? Maybe the Fanatec rep in this thread can give us some words of wisdom....

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  17. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    From my understanding the new CSL pedals are replacing the older CSL Elite pedals. They are only selling the "leftovers" of the Elite pedals right now and they are to be discontinued as well.

But why did you buy the Elite pedals in the first place? From what I can see the new CSL pedals are technically better (hall sensors) and cheaper. Or do the Elite padals offer something I'm not aware of which the others don't?

18. BreadedVirus

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I had no idea that they were being discontinued. I’ll research FANATEC better next time.
    Note, this was my first ever purchase of a Fanatec product and every racing I spoke too said the elite pedals were great…with the load cell kit.

19. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Actually, CSL Elite pedals are known for their flawed loadcell design.

20. BreadedVirus

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Just found out I’m still within the 14 day return window, so I’m sending them back and will be getting the CSL pedals and will get the load cell kit when it’s released.

• Like Like x 1