Known Issue Flag issues

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by n01sname, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I have another word for it that is slightly less tactful than "frustrating". ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Ok so I just came out of the last corner of the Redbull Ring under yellow. A car has pulled into the pit lane. I pass the car in the pit lane and get a penalty.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I uploaded a video of the yellow flag incident I described above.
    In fact that wasn't the leader off-track, but a driver who abandoned the race, probably one lap earlier...

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Funny how so many screamed for flags and now .... ? Imo think devs done pretty good job espcially effecting ai with flags , but there is going to NEED to be a learning curve from players and devs to tweak and fix issues, If its an important league event maybe just run with flags at black only for now as this is what we decided to do with ESR Championship we have on going . All our other events flags will be on to collect valuable feedback etc to help devs .
    So try stay calm and patient if you can and do your best to describe plus videos of any problems found rest assured it is being discussed behind closed doors ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Option to disable automatic penalties for ignoring flags would be enough for now.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    That is possible as blue flag penalties was turned off because of idiots

7. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    We ran today a test event to check the flags.
    All was fine, except one mistake with the yellow flag.

The short clip shows, how I gone off track and I was overtaken by two M6 under yellow.
    The problem, both got a penalty for overtaking. The other drivers and I saw only the penalty for the second driver. The first driver saw only the penalty for the second driver, but crew chief was warning him, so he did a Stop And Go for overtaking under yellow. And the second driver saw only the penalty of the first driver, he was disqualified, because he didn't used the crew chief.

Again, it would be nice if the people could decide for themselves, if they want to drive w/ or w/o penalties.
    Thank you.

Another thing, the info's about the flags are too small on the left side. The people don't look at it while driving at least not while an accident happened in front of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts) Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Just now in a wtcc race I was side by side and got the back end out!, I got on the gas and corrected it well, we were still side by side after the turn, he got a drive through penalty for overtaking under a yellow which lasted 2 seconds!!!
    Definitely an issue :/

9. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    20170412062059_1.jpg

A race at the Nürburgring yesterday. The guy driving the Audi got a penalty for overtaking under yellow in this situation. The only car within a range of at least 200 metres before and after him was the BMW who was spinning seconds ago. And you're not allowed to overtake him? Seriously?

No offense, mates. Flags were requested and implemented, but they dont work. So please remove the penalties under yellow, too.

And I concur with @sbXII , the infotext beneath the flags is nearly impossible to read that fast, while you're in the middle of a race. Even worse, VR racers dont even see this note! One of us was DQed yesterday, because he didnt take his Stop'n'Go-Penalty, and he just didnt recognise he had one. For sure external apps like Crew Chief are very helpful in this case, but this cant be the solution.

It's the guy with the Paffett-Benz right behind me after the third lap.

Another thingy here, near the end I was lapping two guys. I've asked the first one if he had received a blue flag and he confirmed. The second one swears no flag was shown, although I'm right at his rear bumper.

10. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I also noticed that you just have to lost a bit of control to instantly trigger a yellow flag.

For the flag HUD, you should definitely stop using text (never do this again ;)), get inspiration from road signs and find good colors and icons so the driver will instantly know what they means without to look at them directly. We don't have time to read text while racing, nor while avoiding a crash.

Place the flag info at center (or almost) of screen, but not at the same place as the virtual mirror, nor at same place as penalties... Maybe you have to rethink the whole HUD ergonomics cause there's already issues, like penalties displaying over virtual mirror, penalties showing the same skin for others and for you, and a lot of text to read... :mad:;) The reason of the penalty can be a colored icon instead of a long tiny text.
    Penalties triggered for other players could be displayed in a corner with a light skin, when our own penalties should be centered and more visible.

When we get a pit stop penalty, we need a visible reminder until the penalty is cleared, in case we didn't see the HUD warning.

Thanks for your efforts S3S. :)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  11. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, penalties displaying over virtual mirror always tick me off - someone in the race gets a penalty and I can't see what the car behind me is doing for several seconds. In similar vein, the Steam popup ("friend X is playing game Y") covering the mini data display with rpms and gear indicator can also be somewhat frustrating, though that could probably at least be turned off somehow somewhere in the Steam client.

And totally agree on the flag notifications and their position and size, but I've already mentioned that before.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Stede

Stede Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Maybe there is another Bug with the Flags:
    For our VRTM-Race today we set the FlagRules to "Black only" in Dedi-Server. During Race there were no Blue Flags shown and CrewChief also says nothing about Blue Flags.

13. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    "Black only" implies that there are no blue flags...

14. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts) Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    This must be resolved quick, almost every busy race I have there are unjustified disqualifications
    As half the players use only shcorllshit series and race room arena! We don't want to loose the rest of the players to these punishments.

15. Stede

Stede Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    But brfore the patch we also had Black only or even no FlagRules activated and there the Blue Flags were shown.
    Another hint for a Bug with roundings: I get DRS behind a driver, who rounded me and I was not in the DRS-Windows to my opponent in the timetable.

16. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My suggestion, if all notification would be like the pit stop ones. Great position, not too big, not over the mirror.
    You can see them perfectly and still focus on the road.

Position.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    BTW, some more fun with flags:

(And yes, it's from a public server race, scoff all you want.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Stuck in a "give the position back" infinite loop, how to survive? :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Before the patch blue flags were only guessed at by crew chief - they weren't in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    No, it's correct. That's how it works in real DTM races. You only need to be less than 1 second behind another car. It doesn't matter whether that car is on the same lap or not.

• Agree Agree x 3