Question G27 is always 180 degrees

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Jeff Scharpf, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,
    New to the game. Love it so far. I came from all of the well known sims out there. I am delighted to have stumbled across this gem and I love everything about it.
    I'm having one issue. No matter what I set my wheel to, I always get 180 degrees of rotation. I have a G27 with the Logitech profiler running (900 deg). In game I can only turn it 180 total. I've changed every setting I can find, including the car specific settings, it doesn't matter, I always only get 180 degrees of rotation. I've been able to race with this for now, but in some cars, I think it has caused me to lose control because the wheel just responds too fast and locks up one way when I move it only 90 degrees. I'm not used to this.
    Any ideas or hints on setting up the Logitech G27? I've looked at Youtube and I don't have the menu items that they show. Perhaps those are old vidoes? I don't know.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Loving the game so far, however. I'm so glad I decided to give this a try. I am slowly being converted over from AMS2 (and the other ones lol).

Thanks!
    Jeff

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean your physical wheel doesn't turn more than 180? Or do you mean the in-car wheel? For the latter, turn off driver hands.

3. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Good question. My wheel turns then I can feel it trying to "hold" at about 90 degrees (one way) so the hands and wheel in the game follow my wheel. I use Logititech profiler and it is set to 900, all other games work fine with this. RaceRoom seems like it actively stops my wheel past 90 degrees one way and the in game view follows. It doesn't matter if I change the wheel settings in the game, all I ever get it +/- 90 degrees.
    I can "force" my wheel to turn farther but the car doesn't turn anymore.

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I have no clue how to fix it, but I can think of a possible workaround.

Go to this file: Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General\steering_wheels.xml
    Open it with a text editor like Notepad, go to Logitech G27 section, and in the line vendorSpecificRangeLock replace "true" with "false".

See if anything changes. Although this might cause another issue, that your "steering lock" value on the car setup page will default to 13 degrees on all cars.

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Are you seeing the driver hands on the steering wheel in the game? If yes, you need to disable the driver animations.

6. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am seeing them yes. Thanks I will try these fixes

7. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I tried disabling the driver animations and it did not help. I will try the file next.

8. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It' weird because it starts out with a select for G27 then always creates a duplicate and highlights that (G27...(2).).. When I start the game the wheel is rotating 900 degrees. As soon as the game is ready (.."press key to continue').. it has "locked" my wheel to 180. The graphic at the top shows the movement of the wheel. I've set it to 900, I've turned off the visuals, I'm tried messing with the car wheel rotation. Nothing changes the "stop" points of the wheel.
    Anyway, I will not give up just yet, but if I can't fix this I will eventually need to quit playing the game, as it is impossible for me to drive with that small of a movement. The car just reacts way to quickly lol.
    The car setup shows 540 degrees as a default (TC series), but I can see that it does not move that far lol.

9. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ok I fixed my issue by going into the Logitech profiler and unchecking the box that says "allow games to change settings". I then set my wheel to 540 (for the TC cars) and the game seems to be ok with it.

• Like Like x 1