G29 firmware problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GregoryLeo, Oct 8, 2022.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    When the logitech update number 2022.8 came out at the end of August, I lost all ffb, tried to contact logitech online, kept getting the logibott, totally flipping useless. So, I went online and found a way to reinstall a previous version of the firmware and disable auto updates, and everything was great again.
    Now, all of a sudden version 2022.9 comes out and is magically installed despite having the updates disabled and no ffb again. When I try to install the version that works 2022.6, it lets me select it, but downloads 2022.9 which doesn't work:mad:
    I called tech support, and he walked me through all the steps I had already done even after I explained to him that I had already done all of this three times last night. No luck. :triumph:
    So, I'm wondering if anybody else has had this problem, did you get it fixed, and if so how?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated,
    Gregoryleo

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
  3. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the response, I really do appreciate it.
    The first thing I did was try to download lgs, the Logitech website refused to download it because it’s “not windows 11 compatible”
    I’m not sure what to do next, if I had the money I’d get a thrustmaster, but…
    Logitech is supposed to email me a way to fix it on Monday, We’ll see, if they actually do I will post it here.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Hm on the link in the post i linked you can choose a windows 11 version so i wouldve thought that shouldnt be an issue but then lets wait and see if logitech can help you on monday

5. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    After reading that post I went back and tried again, and this time it had windows 11 on it. So I went through my computer and deleted all the hidden Logitech directories, there were 4 or 5 of them, and the followed capt coffee’s directions. And still no ffb. Deleted and reinstalled it three times, still not working. Hoping to hear from tech support

6. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    g923 owner:p
    welcome to do cat and mouse of controlling g-hub:D
    there is no way to rollback to older version at moment - if it's go higher version, it's gone.
    i face that bug also, same instruction as you to solve the problem.
    my new way of solving, just block the update process in firewall to stop him going rampage:tearsofjoy:
    and for fun
    upload_2022-10-9_1-10-57.jpeg

and just for the record this bug is near 2 year old - not fix yet bug - for both g923 and look like the new PRO Racing Wheel.
    hope you don't join us in this:sweatsmile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Logitech has pretty much lost me as a customer at this moment in time. Like I said hoping for tech support.

@zed, thanks for the firewall suggestion, good idea, wish I’d thought of that when I fixed it the first time.

8. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Did you revert to old firmware as well?

9. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
  10. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I tried to, but it kept installing the current update. Even the logitech support guy was wondering wtf? So, I started looking for other options hence my previous to this reply post.

11. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    - i don't how which firewall setup but can tell you what i block.
    file name in ghub folder:
    lghub_updater
    there is also a service call "LGHUBUpdaterService" that need to be disable.
    but still to my amaze somehow it still comeback alive and take a revange on me Xb

12. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I couldn’t disable the lghubupdate in the taskmaster. So I moved the update files to a different location, and disabled ghub in the startup. Then restarted my computer no more update in the taskmanager, and everything is working well. I hope it stays

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022