Gear shift DEBOUNCING

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by kris-24, Feb 4, 2015.

1. kris-24

kris-24 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi dev team!

I'm facing a terrible issue! I have a cheap steering wheel like many others and when i change the gear with its paddles, the gearshift often skips 1 level with just one touch! For example, if I'm in second gear and I want to pass to the third, it directly jumps to the fourth!
    I have read about many people having this problem on raceroom racing experience, and the solution would be to create a "milliseconds of debouncing" parameter or something like that to resolve it, in order to "ignore" an eventually second gear change input command in a certain period decided by the user,
    This parameter is already available on Assetto Corsa, and me and many other people would appreciate so much if you would insert it too!!

I do really hope you will satisfy us!

Christian

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    This problem was adressed on the RD forum and here as well ("double shifts") and I don't think that it has something to do with a cheap wheel (also happens with Fanatec wheels and wouldn't consider them as cheap).
    But as you said, I would also like the devs to look into this issue.

Edit:
    In this thread was mentioned a selection in the options that should be checked... I haven't got the time to do it and do some testing... but as I wrote, I will do it and report back...

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/double-shift-issue.82/

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015