Problem gfx Lag @Spa-Francorchamps

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by 762s, May 18, 2023.

1. 762s

762s New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There is so much gfx lag at Spa-Francorchamps!
    esp. so when coming into the starting area grid, pitlane area and that 1st turn and down the hill.
    all gfx lag is in the same area around what I mentioned above and not seen anywhere else on the track.

I am just getting to see more tracks and this is the only track I see serious gfx lag in.
    I even lowered in game gfx settings to high.

win11 22h2 ~ up to date
    geforce rtx 2060 6GB ~ up to date
    Intel Core i9-9900K ~ using variable clock speed 3.6 to 5 GHz
    128 GB ram

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Dont use variable clock speed , set it to run as high as you can , r3e is very cpu intensive
    Id set both the cpu and gpu to run max performance
    Cpu is in your power options
    Ingame id remove opponents cockpits , no motion blur, and bring mirror quality down
    Andi

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It´s a known issue with this track. Norsdchleife also has that problem so not much you can do on your end apart from those suggestions and maybe reduce track detail.

4. 762s

762s New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    These changes did not make any difference and if what Vale said then there is nothing on my end that will help.
    It was kinda my thought too but, I figure I would report it anyways.
    Hope the devs can clean it up.

I did catch a race today with others on this track and there was some some serious lag spikes several times very early on in the 1.5 hour race in the same areas I mentioned. :(
    But, it settled down several laps in or maybe, the several players leaving helped the server stabilize. ?

And again, I hope the devs can clean this up along with the other track(s) if they are known issues.

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Don´t hold your breath as it has been like that for years on both tracks. Running in SP or MP with less other cars helps too but you may even see this when you are alone in practice.

6. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    I get a very small hit there but with a full mp grid im still well above my refresh rate
    As for lag spikes thats not the same

Andi

7. 762s

762s New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    o_O
    That is so terrible!

I have checked my refresh rate, it is not good either ... 40 to 120(I have it capped @120) on several tracks and at Spa it was 40~90's bummer!
    It seems some optimization is needed.
    Esp. so when traveling down the straight on Spa and I am getting some of the lowest FPS on the track and in an area where there is no buildings or other meshes to be rendered.

fwiw, I know the difference between the 2 lag issues I mentioned.

Last edited: May 20, 2023
  8. 762s

762s New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tried to lower some in game gfx settings and the results are not good ...

(see pic) :eek:

Attached Files:

9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I saw that once too. Is this bug consistent or just a random one that goes away after you restart the game?

10. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Can you post your nvidia control panel settings for r3e and your ingame graphics settings , screenshots are ok

Andi

11. 762s

762s New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    this is after restarts

If I make gfx changes then I restart the game

Vsync is off and all other nvidia settings are default
    And with the in game settings I have lowered different settings below high and the result is the picture I posted

12. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    On my system only car and track textures are set to high, but I don't have this bug. Selecting the "Low" graphics preset in the game was also fine. Can you post screenshots of your graphics settings?

Try resetting the HUD (Settings - Key bindings - somewhere near "Move and resize HUD elements").
    Try renaming/deleting graphics_options.xml and hud_options.xml in Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData, the game will create default ones.