GRID Legends

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Andy Kettler, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Great tech analysis as always from Digital Foundry :cool:

2. Roland Horn

Roland Horn New Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
  3. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
  5. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    I think it has become a very good, solid and very underrated game with lots of cars and tracks, some very special cars and so a lot and very different car classes and race modes.

Theres the story part and a separate career mode too so a lot to do. Personally its my new favorite game of the series. Before it was Grid Autosport. For me Grid Legends has everything I was missing in the 2019 one and a lot more. I was surprised by the new refined handling. Very "planted" that was the first thing I noticed after just a couple corners when i played the 10h trial version before release. Comparative tests in the 2019 game with particularly very twitchy cars confirmed that more has been changed than I would have thought. And with little adjustments to the pad settings, you can drive smoother than ever before and also curbs are finally no longer made of ice and are fully passable.

Driving with wheel is also very precisely, so in that regard its the best Grid game and the complete opposite to the OG 2008 game, were everything was very spongy and imprecise. I compared Legends, 2019, Autosport and Race Driver Grid back to back at release since I have collected all the Grid games on Steam over the years ^^

The multiplayer is no longer so blatantly separated and almost a separate game in the game with a menu and even fleet and car tuning as was the case in Grid 2, but this time it is fully integrated, you can create sessions from anywhere, join ect., privacy setting change and, above all, you can pursue your career together with others. It's also cool that you can join ongoing races and don't have to wait in the lobby for a race to end just jump right in the ongoing event. AI drivers are simply replaced by players in real time.

The Race Creator is really well made and a great tool. The graphics have also been improved comapred to the 2019 game and a lot more than you may think and all those details are shown and explained in that Digital Foundry video i posted some time ago.

I would recommend to check out the 10h trial which you can get with a EA Play basic sub, or its also through the MS GamePass available since EA Play got added there with no additional cost at all :D

So driving/car handling wise its a complete different experience than Race Driver Grid so you will may not like it if you prefer like it was 2008.

That all is just my own humble unpaid opinion hope it may help a bit ^^

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    thanks for the lengthy response. Sound nice to me. My only concern is, will my system be able to handle the GFX and how well does the AI behave. I play pcars3 lately and the AI is a bit of a cannonball on the loose.
    In Pcars3 the GFX is set to a mix of high and medium to experience a smooth race on my 3440*1440p screen. Although playing the career mode is more recourse demanding than a custom race somehow.

7. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    AI is nice to race with and like typical Grid AI, also collisions are not weird. SMS AI and collision behavior suck imo. Grid Gfx are way better in every detail than Pcars3, lighting is awesome and great regardless of time of day or weather setting and also performance is top notch too. Pcars3 has some time of day settings were you cant see shit and headlights do not light up the track at all too lol. Its just the typical half done stuff like always with SMS games :D

Night+rain at city tracks looks amazing with those thousands spectators everywhere around the track and fireworks and stuff. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Thanks.. I recently installed Grid 2019 again and did some races (bonnet cam) and really really enjoyed it. So Grid Legends will be soon installed as well. Just a no nonsens race game to have some quick action races. :D

9. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  10. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Does the game have a proper cockpit view/is it adjustable?
    Can you hide driver hands and steering wheel?

11. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Everything ^^

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. JOhanezJa

JOhanezJa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OMG I love this trading car game is aaawosome