GTR3 Announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rodger Davies, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    The post above this one pertains to how few people frequent multiplayer and now there's a good chance this could halve that amount, what with the always online haters, endurance lovers and high end PC owners all moving over asap, then there's the VR crew and the people who like rain........ what with RR moving to Unreal 4 and GT3 sharing RR sounds I'm struggling to work out why both Sims would separate themselves from each other and not be just one company with 2 offices of work, It's not as though everyone has to work from the same place nowadays.
    I feel the poor old racing Sim enthusiast is bound to buy into any new Sim, doesn't take a detective to trawl through previous posts in this forum to know Sim racers support Sim companies by default, I own shit loads but drive just a couple regularly, I buy into the others, just like so many others to show support and I have to say we are indeed on the brink of something wonderful, what with the plethora of Sims now available but are we being spread to thinly? can a few thousand keen Sim racers keep so many companies afloat?

3. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I think this should be discussed in Off-Topic.

4. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Looks to me like work will break in half.GTR3 will have the ADAC GT license plus various GT3 cars and Raceroom will focus on touring car racing like the old RACE and GTR days.Lets wait and see...

5. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad to see Raceroom mentioned and what seems to be a confirmation of what was said last year about the two studios swapping tech and progress with each other to keep both titles cutting edge. If GTR3 turns out to be as good as I'm sure we all hope I could see myself spending more/most of my time on it as I don't really have much time to fit in the online racing I would like to race. However I do think Racerooms stated goal of becoming a more competitive MP and events title is the right way to go about making sure it stays relevant. I say stated goal because the last two patches have really improved the single player experience for me again with the new AI so I'm ALSO very glad us SP people aren't completely left wayside till 2018.

Good news in general, I wonder if we'll see Unreal in Raceroom first or if it'll wait until after GTR3 is released to keep the wowfactor for E3/Gamescon etc.

• Like Like x 2
  6. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I don't get it, is GT3 a new title, or will Raceroom replaced by the GT3? To have two games side by side doesn't sound so good to me. GT3 will be more the aracdish style of game and Raceroom will remain the sim?

7. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    That's pretty much what the article goes through yes.

Edit: And to be a little less snarky, the titles will be side by side but trade tech. Raceroom is not multiplatform, GTR3 will be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Still probably way too early to know anything concrete... but I would imagine that just because RR is a sim, doesnt mean GTR3 cant also be a sim. It could have different physics modes like RR does which could go from simulation to casual.

Also, RR is developing a lot of multiplayer functionality... so that will likely be a big feature that GTR3 may not have.

9. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so. Concerning this statement from SimBin Studio Head Allan Speed in the article at RD:
    it would be interesting which route Sector3 will take with R3E. So at the moment this GTR-revival seems to me to be a technology R&D (that one could buy at some point for PC and also on consoles) how the present R3E content and simulation basis could be transferred into a modern environment simulation basis?

To me its of big interest to hear from the R3E staff which direction they would follow both technically and on the features level before I am willing to spent more money on R3E. And what will happen to the dedicated stuff if R3E follows more and more the iRacing path? That's at least most important for everyone who organizes private leagues.

10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    RR isnt going to drastically change it's entire formula now or in the future after being released for 3-4+ yrs just because of the direction another game goes.

RR already has plans for the future and what the devs want to accomplish and implement. They arent going to remove the single player portion of the game at all :p Especially after taking the time to add custom championships and all that stuff.

RR is expanding, such as the direction MP will be heading once the ranking stuff and whatever else gets released/added.

11. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    For me this is really good news especially with the use of the Unreal 4 engine, and I hope Raceroom continues, I hope this is a PC sim first then ported to consoles not the other way round, and how will this effect PCars 2 :D:p:), "sorry couldn't help myself " which at the moment is set for Sept 17 release, they sure wont want to have any delays this time..

12. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    At some point RaceRoom will switch over to the technology we are creating and we'll just take that a different route, as in simulation with support for both console and PC.

Well, that's everything I wanted to hear.:D Not sure if this "multiplatform and for everyone" thing will be my cup of tea though, but we'll see...

13. Stonehard

Stonehard New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    No, what CS said was PC will be a real sim - but for the console users there may bee need of another level.

14. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    GTR3, that word that I hear since I was beginning simracing (in 2010?)...

15. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Moved this down in Off-Topic. 2 different titles ;-)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Any official words about this statement from Allan Speed that at "some point RaceRoom will switch over to the technology we are creating and we'll just take that a different route, as in simulation with support for both console and PC"?

17. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    While I am really happy to see this announced (GTR2 is still my most played sim even to this day) it makes me feel as though the whole online racing structure that S3 is going for will make or break R3E. If it works out we'll have a healthier playerbase and people will finally have a great alternative for walletRacing. If it doesn't...what will RaceRoom have that GTR3 won't? Why would I not just switch over?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Yep, that could happen for sure. But then, how is that different from any other title coming out that might just be a better sim than those we have right now? Raceroom is showing a willingness to adapt which I think will give it a fighting chance in the coming years when we start seeing a new generation of sims coming out. I'd be much more alarmed if S3 hadn't presented a roadmap for the future where Raceroom has a shot at staying relevant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I guess this means, that Unreal Engine 4 for R3E is confirmed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    "… Sector3 will of course play a small role in helping with the development of the new GTR3 ..."

Small role??? o_O … but why the car (BWM Z4) and track ( Spa-Francorchamps) look like Sector3 products? o_O

Sorry guys, but there is not need for a new GTR3 game. R3E is GTR3 since 2013! I have no problem with a Playstation and Xbox version of R3E, but with a competing product to R3E. :confused: I will definitely NOT buy it!

PS: We need night and fog for R3E!

• Agree Agree x 5
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017