GTR3 Announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rodger Davies, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I see. I don't share your approach and I don't think it's "gamers" or "nowadays" thing to treat marketing materials as some sort of source of information about an upcoming product.

Sure, it's not healthy if people become too emotional about the end product for which they didn't pay in advance, but they still have the right to call out lies and missing features and being cautious about that company's next products. And if they happen to actually pay for the product in advance, through pre-orders or crowd-funding (e.g. Project Cars), it's fine to also be emotional about that.

2. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Yea good luck with that can't wait for the drama. The players creating their problems themself and it's about time to realise that. Do not pay in advance!

Paying in advance and having over the top expectations = perfect drama combo :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I agree, not only are players doing the bulk of beta testing in terms of discovering bugs but they are expected to finance the game development then pay yet more for additional content. A far cry from the 90s when you had to wait for the game to hit the shelves but at least it was finished and playable - in most cases. On the flipside, you had to wait for a friend to buy it or read a magazine review to have an idea about game play and there was always the risk the game didnĀ“t work on your particular PC.

In both cases, expecting too much to led to disappointment.

4. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  5. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    By emotional I don't mean dramatic like "I hate them" or "it's the end of the world". I mean being disappointed, annoyed, using stronger words when calling out lies and failed promises.

How about you realise that when someone scams and someone is getting scammed - it's not only the latter how created the problem. It's really the former how created it, deliberately and knowingly. The latter's responsibility is only in that they fall for that. Don't try to shift all the blame on them and free those scammers of their responsibility.

Also, what you called an "utterly negative mindset" in this case is a totally justified caution that will also help keep the expectations lower and reduce that "drama" you're talking about.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  6. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Explain pls. You say Ian Bell is a Scammer or what ? Also no one with basic common sense would fall for a scam imo. And why are we now talking about Scammers btw ? Did i miss/overlooked something ?

7. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I used this word in the most broad sense, to describe all, let's say, questionable business practices. I just couldn't be bothered researching Ian Bell's history and English vocabulary to find a more accurate term.

If you don't like that word, replace it with one that you find more appropriate for what Bell does. Unless of course you think he did nothing wrong.

8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Wheele dealer rogue trader maybe? Kind of Eddie Jordan.