iRacing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dale Junior, Jul 3, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I loved it when I played it - there's nothing quite like the thrill of competition where it *really* matters. Once you get into it, you find yourself driving like you own the cars and they're real and precious and expensive. It makes the tension and excitement of racing really real. But it also makes it quite stressful and a bit too serious.

IMO the biggest problem is the lack of players in iRacing. The Skippys and Mazdas and a few other popular cars have good turn out, everything else is a waste of time and money (including cool stuff like Radicals and Lotus 49s)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Well I got my C in Road and am at 3.77 in Oval. Darlington hasn't been good to me this week. I think I'll wait till Tuesday and run the Street Stock at Charlotte to get up to C in Oval. What do you all recommend for C class?

3. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    C for oval or Road?

4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Road. I'm buying Indycar and Trucks for Oval.

5. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    things might have changed, but the radical was a waste of time and money and drove funny anyway. Same goes for the Lotus 49. Last time I played the only class C road cars getting proper fields were the GT3s and the Mazda Formula car (and the MX5 advanced). Didn't fancy any of 'em :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    If you like openwheelers the star mazda is fine but it may be forgotten next season when the Reanult comes ;)

7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I bought the Toyota Truck, DW12, Star Mazda, Aston Martin and quite a few tracks. I love the Star Mazda.

8. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I hope to see you soon in the GT1. I haven't used my Corvette. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a plan.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I'm looking forward to my Daytona 24h experience with my team, should be cool.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Hooray C in both. Now the fun begins

Attached Files:

12. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I am running the SK Modified in D class...short track mayhem ( you wont gain any SR here), but its got me my MPR........using the Street Stock at Charlotte to boost my SR. You can run the Nascar Modified in C class too. You have to buy something to get through D class in Oval and its doing the job.
    I should be able to get to C class in Road with the free cars and tracks. I am actually doing reasonably well in the Pontiac Soltice, which I hated to begin with. It handles well but is not exciting in the power dept.. Running in the Grand Touring and Production car series.
    I want to like the Spec Racer Ford, but you have to be very careful with it. Fun, but my results aren't great> I am better in the Pontiac or MX-5.
    I will probably let my subscription run out once I get C class and hope there is a deal to "come back"..... they don't seem to offer deals to you, once you are subscribed which is annoying.

13. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Usually when I let me sub run out, I would get an email with a code to get me a year sub for half price. They do give deals on subs, but you pretty much missed it during the holidays.

14. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I considered the Modifieds but I think the Modifieds in D and C are different and would require two purchases. I ended up getting the National Car to get through D. I notice my SR didn't drop near as much going from D to C as it did from R to D. I went from 4.0 to 3.4 on both Road and Oval so I hope I'm able to get B before the end of the current season. I'll say that the two most fun cars I've driven in iRacing are the Star Mazda and the Dallara DW12.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, feeling too cheap at Christmas to renew, so I'll have to wait for the next one!

16. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Today i have bought iracing.

17. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    What did you get Tarik? Just the rookie stuff to start with?

18. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Yes, 3 month Standard stuff.

19. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    New kid in our kinder garten Dave ;)
    I've been here two weeks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Because i want to test it and feel the difference between r3es, iracings ffb.

Im surprised how good it is. Today i 'l test it and take a closer look into it.