iRacing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dale Junior, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'm up to B in both oval and road and will be A at the end of the season, but really no interest in running the B and A series. I'm loving the Skippy and the Star Mazda and those are really the only two road series I'm running at the moment (short of time trialing GT3 to get A and running B time trials in Oval to get to A). I don't plan to run any races in B or A (GT3 cars, F1 cars Oval B or A) until I'm far more experienced. If either of the Formula Renault cars come out in March, I'll most likely pick them up and perhaps the Audi. Are Lemans and Imola out in March as well?

2. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    The skippy at Motegi is a combo I was eager to try... and I was not wrong! So fun those little fellas :D
    I wasn't sure to jump into GT3s after only three weeks in the sim but actually it went very well. ATM, with B 4.51, I don't care too much about getting the next license, I can race the cars I like with no many worries ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  4. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Formula Renault 2.0 Series at Monza 9 PM, now.
    Yep, i watch live events. ;)

5. Mtze_h3h3

Mtze_h3h3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mtze_h3h3

Mtze_h3h3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Looks good so far... I hope that we can get it in RaceRoom sooner or later, too.

Isn't there any possibility in cooperation with Eurosport?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vinodh Moodley

Vinodh Moodley New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I moved from rFactor to iRacing a couple of years ago and had to put a few weeks of driving in the MX5 to work my way out of Rookie into getting an A license.

I then entered the iRacing Grand Prix Series driving the Williams FW31 and competed against some guys that were a lot slower than and many that were quicker including a few Pro drivers. I won a few races and two championships with lots and lots of tough, close racing. I've won two races with the Mclaren MP4-30 since then but haven't done a full season with the car yet.

I've been into sim racing since the days of Geoff Crammond's F1GP and iRacing has been the best experience I've ever had. It's not perfect by any means but putting in the extra effort in learning the cars and tracks, working with fellow drivers to improve the car's setup and even joining a team/forum makes you faster and allows you to race with a better class of driver. You can't get a high iRating by being a regular rammer. A decent rating will improve your chances of getting into a higher split and thereby giving you the opportunity to race with good, clean drivers. It's really awesome going side by side through a fast sequence of corners in a F1 car knowing that the other driver won't do something stupid.

Don't give up on iRacing because of your one bad experience. I really suggest you give it another go. I'm willing to help you with setups and anything else you will need to get you to enjoy iRacing like I have.

9. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    iRacing like to tease RaceRoom :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  10. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0

Hi, how's the "ride feeling" in iRacing? I think the sound is a little "more powerfull" than in R3E.

11. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    it's a bit 'meh' to be honest. The cars don't have the feeling of grip that R3E has. This translates into being harder to drive and less exciting. I was a big iRacing player until I tried R3E and it made me realise that the driving in iRacing just isn't all that exciting.

And the waiting around for races to start gets old fast. I have limited gaming time and really can't cope with staring at a web page for 30 minutes or practising on my own for ages. If you damage your car you have to be towed to the pits which again, often results in you sitting around for 20 minutes doing nowt

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I know - that's frustrating ...
    The best car in iR, I think, is the Lotus79 - the car feels incredible - otherwise I like the ride in R3E better.

13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    not tried the 79. The '49 was OK, but the complete lack of other drivers made it a waste of money. Same as the Radical. Money down the drain :(

14. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I haven't been able to use the Kia at all in nine months, never seen a race with people registered yet. :confused:
    I know there's european people using it but in my time slot is non existent.

15. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    iRacing really like to tease RaceRoom :rolleyes::rolleyes:

PS: Where is the announced version for R3E???

16. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Been thinking about signing up for a week or two now, probably go for a three month for $10 trial, is there anywhere to gauge the popularity of tracks n cars before making a purchase, i dont want to buy a car like Gerbuho above and find no-one driving it, unless i buy the Kia and we team up ;)
    What are the basic cars and tracks you get, can anyone tell me or point to the info and what track reccomendations? Nords n Imola instantly spring to mind any other recomendations?
    Mr belowski feels there isnt enough grip compared to RR making the cars harder to drive, got to say in my opinion there is way too much grip in RR which makes the cars easier to drive, turn off tc and they get harder but still not too hard to drive nicely, how do the physics compare in the two games?

17. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    iRacing has announced a major licensing addition to their online racing simulation today as the Ferrari 488 GTE race car is poised to join the service later this year.

Ferrari’s current weapon of choice for battle in the FIA World Endurance Championship and the Le Mans 24 Hours will be the first virtual prancing horse to be added to iRacing, with other models to follow later.

“This is a landmark moment for iRacing and online racing,” says Steve Myers, Executive Vice President and Executive Producer for iRacing.com. “Ferrari is synonymous with world championship caliber race cars and high performance automobiles. The Prancing Horse logo famously inspires passion among racing and automotive aficionados everywhere. iRacers are also passionate about online racing and I have no doubt they will be thrilled at the prospects of racing the 488 GTE and other Ferraris in the future.”

Hopefully this is good news for other sims as well..

18. VladGets

VladGets New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    its cool games

19. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
  20. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings: