Just bought a Logitech DD GPRO wheel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nolive721, Dec 26, 2022.

Tags:
  1. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I haven't seen any thread since the wheel came out. I just ordered one here in Japan, with a Xmas 10% discount that makes it coming at just under $800 equivalent which is a no brainer for me.

I am a TSPC racer user so I could have waited few months for the Thrustmaster T818 and use it with my existing wheels but I was doubtful of the QR system and also how the plasticky wheels will cope with 10Nm of torque.

especially considering how they are creaking already with the 6Nm from the TSPC racer

Other choice would have been a Moza R9 but they are expensive here combined with the proprietary wheels

the DD GPRO is a bit bulky but not that much more than my TSPC racer so that's fine.

only challenge I see is how to mount it on my DIY 8020 rig but I will figure this out in the coming days before it arrives(not too keen on using the desk mount on my rig)

anyone on the Forum using such wheel and recommending mounting and FFB settings?

2. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Just a question about your 80/20 rig. What wheel are you currently using and how is it mounted?

I didn't see anything about hard mounting a G Pro DD, or whether it used the same pattern that the rest of the G wheels use. I got to scrub through Boosted Media's video on it. Maybe they say something about hard mounting, but I didn't see anything besides the tabs causing problems.

Here's where Boosted Media talks about the mounting...

So, you'd just have to make sure you have the rear holes and hopefully your wheel plate can clear the tabs.

Something tells me you've already looked into this issue.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  3. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I had been watching the very few in depthvideos I could find on YT , including that one, and yes there are 3 mounting points under the base but the pattern is not comparable at all to my TSPC racer.
    My Simrig is a 8020 self made DIY effort, technically its actually a 3060 as I could not source 8020 alu profiles cheap enough over here in japan.

this is the way it looks like when its parked in a corner of my small Home Office (love the size of typical Japanese apartment:D), the wheel deck is made of 2 lateral profiles supported by the large frame and the TSPC base mounting is secured through the 2 mounting holes you can see on the 2nd picture, with M6 bolts.It has been rock solid for the 2months I have been using it.

the Logitech wheel has 3 mounting points so I am thinking to add another profile perpendicularly to the 2 side profiles so I can use a similar L shape bracket to fix the 3rd mounting point and job is done.

but I am open to suggestions obviously.:p

Attached Files:

4. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    After looking at your pictures, I was going to suggest something similar to what you wrote. A center piece and an L bracket would do the job. You might have to slide the brackets you already have in a bit, while moving the brackets back but, that crossmember and L bracket would tie the front down with no problems.

Awesome rig by the way! Seeing that you are space constrained, you built one hell of a setup with the little area you have.