Locked engine maps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pewe, Feb 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Pewe

Pewe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I noticed that the engine maps on all (or at least some?) of the cars are no longer adjustable since a couple of months back. Is this a permanent or a temporary change?

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Details please

Andi

3. Pewe

Pewe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In Leaderboards mode, with certain cars in classes ADAC, DTM, FR-US, FR-X17, FR-X90, GTR2, GTR3, GROUP 5, GROUP C, P1, P2...

As I remember it, the engine maps of some cars in those classes were "always" locked (usually at #5, I think...?), but I also remember that you could indeed adjust the maps in some cars (I think in DTM 2020, FR-X17, P1 among others). In fact I can't find any car with adjustable engine maps right now. Some are locked at #1 or #3...

It has also been mentioned in these threads:
    https://forum.kw-studios.com/index....ers-21-now-available.18595/page-2#post-240395

https://forum.kw-studios.com/index.php?threads/competitions.7982/page-14#post-239562

https://forum.kw-studios.com/index.php?threads/any-changes-to-the-physics-in-the-gtr3-class.18635/

https://forum.kw-studios.com/index.php?threads/gto-classics-audi-quattro-leaderboard-problem.18584/

So I know about the reason (BOP adjustment) but I want to know if it's a permanent or temporary change. And the follow up question is of course (if it's a permanent change) - why wasn't the Leaderbords cleared? It's very hard (on some of the faster tracks almost impossible) to compete against times that were set under more favourable conditions...

4. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    The engine maps were not locked in leaderboards or competitions, except in fixed setup competitions. They are locked since the 27th September 2022 update, as noted in the link above:

https://forum.kw-studios.com/index.php?threads/competitions.7982/page-14#post-239562

5. Pewe

Pewe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thanks for clearing that part up!

My main questions are still valid though: Is it temporary or permanent, and what about the older times on the Leaderboards? Would appreciate it if someone with insight could give me an answer...

6. Beastux

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    You are right, leaderboards should have been wiped in case of pemanent change.

I think there are still some old leaderboard time which should have been erased in other classes also. It is the case for the Formula RaceRoom Junior; you just have to launch the challenge mode with the P1 ghost at Bathurst or Portimao GP for example to see you really don't use the same car as him...

7. Pewe

Pewe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The silence is deafening.....

8. simbro

simbro New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Weekend break maybe?

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Im waiting for an answer , generally devs get back to us monday or tuesday , depending on work load

So as soon as i know i will post here

Andi

10. Pewe

Pewe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!

11. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    We will not have enough time to fix this during today's maintenance, but it is on the radar and will be fixed soontm

12. Pewe

Pewe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear! Thanks!

13. Pewe

Pewe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just a thought... How do you actually plan to fix this? Either turn the engine maps on again (and, I guess, keep the current times on the Leaderboards), or keep the the maps off and instead clear the boards?

If you plan on the latter alternative it should be mentioned that there are times on the boards that are set after the locked engine maps were introduced in (I think?) september last year.

I don't know if it's possible to partially clear times according to date, but I think that the guys who struggled and battled against much faster ghosts, and actually set some good times, would greatly appreciate it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Beastux

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    There is also the reverse problem of trying to set a laptime in a class where no engine map was used but which benefited from a physic overhaul (or subtle tires, engine, differential or suspension improvements), like I mentioned above for the Formula RaceRoom Junior.

As long as the leaderboards are not cleared when modifications are made to the cars or the tracks (reduced bumpiness, improved or reduced grip, track limits...), it loses a lot of interest to drive in the leaderboard challenge.