Problem Low replay FPS

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by voronov92, May 7, 2016.

1. voronov92

voronov92 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    First of all i'm sorry if i duplicate the thread. I've realy tried to find such post on forum. The problem is low FPS in replays. It appears only in multiplayer races and only when cars are moving. When relay is paused framerate is 70-100 FPS, when i push PLAY it is nearly 15-20 FPS. It's a big problem to make a movies and highlight videos for my league. And i'm not alone. All of my friends have the same problems.

2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I have similar issue, but not that extreme. I usually have 30-50fps (yeah i know, but right now it's all i can get), but in replay it can go down to 15-20, depending on length of saved replay.

Reason for this might be fact, that whole RaceRoom folder in Documents is set to compress and while watching replay, game must decompress data before it reads them, resulting in heavy disk usage, which leads to poor performance.

You can manually set this folder to not compress, but after launching R3E it will be set back. But maybe setting it while game is running could help - gonna give it a try.

Do you happen to have laptop? They usually have slower disks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. voronov92

voronov92 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thank you for advice, i'll try this! No it's not a laptop. My desktop is not superb, but it's much better then recommended requirements, so...it's pretty strange to see such problems in 2016, isn't?

4. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Graph settings? CPU,GPU

5. voronov92

voronov92 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i tried every graphics settings: from extra low to high. CPU: Phenom II X4 965, GPU: GTX 760, RAM: 8 gb .2400 MHz.
    All of players in my small league have such problem on different servers. They have different desktops much much powerfull then mine. If it will help to solve the problem i can ask everyone for them characteristics.

6. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Hmmmm should be OK. @1080p

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Try closing every Program that is running in the background and not necessarly needed for Raceroom.

Is "Window-Mode" On or Off in your settings? Maybe you should try the opposite setting of your actual Setting for the "Window-Mode"-Option.
    In addition try disableing Vsync if it is active.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  8. voronov92

voronov92 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thank you for reply. I've already tried all of this except window mode. But even this option didn't help =(

9. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Same here but only notice it on Spa so far, wich I never seen studder beffore on. The back corners there are some serious FPS drops with as low as 15-20fps and only 6 cars in a race.. part from that it seem normal :D

10. voronov92

voronov92 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    oh i forgot to say that my replay 55 minutes long and contain 16 cars nearly

11. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Just one car, now I have the same issue !? I don't know what I changed. I restarted the game. I didn't update the Nvidia driver. Today I already had a smooth, normal replay. No clue what causes the problem with low fps

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  12. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Ok, the Nvidia driver deinstalled itself again. The happens every time I connect my PC via HDMI to the TV. Now I found an option in windows 10 to hopefully turn off this automatic driver update thing that causes this disaster.

It's unbelievable, we have the year 2016 and I cannot reinstall the Nvidia driver without using an extra tool to clean up the junk. It feels like 10 years ago in the past. Now we have Windows 10 and the sh... Continues

after that, I hope the game works fine again and the low fragment in replay is fixed. sure, without graphics card driver it doesn't work :) grrr

13. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    After fixing the driver of my GTX 960 (latest driver and turned off the automatic windows update for drivers) the fps ingame is perfect, 60fps. But the replay performance is still an issue with 30-40 fps !? last time I played raceroom I never had those problems. Didn't change anything on my PC. The fps is changing for the same relay. Even for older replays it is now around 30-40 fps. Too check the fps, I turned on the feature I steam to display the fps in game

14. voronov92

voronov92 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    25 mins replay with 24 players in Zandvoort looks good with stable FPS. 50 mins still lags. I'll try to reinstall windows and try again.. I got no any idea anymore

15. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    the behavior of replays is still wired. Wile driving on the Nordschleife everything looks ok, but the replay is always stuttering (just one car). Whatever video settings I choose. Sometimes it is good then it is just stuttering, not smooth at all. I got the latest Nvidia driver. Even when Steam or Nividia is telling me 60 fps, it is stuttering from time to time.
    No clue what causes this issue

16. Balruck

Balruck New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    For me i have good fps in instant replay and replay !
    GPU clock is around 900Mhz
    Cpu usage 35%
    => 150fps

But in game when i drive
    GPU clock is 400mhz
    Cpu usage 33%
    =>45fps

Why my videocard do this ?

I have this problem just with RRRE...

17. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    What graphics card and cpu do you have? Can it be that all this is due to dx9 ? I mean I have a pretty old CPU but people with a newer CPU/GPU are complaining as well. I have the feeling that there is no real solution

18. Timmy L

Timmy L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Where do the replays come from?
    Is it via the internet, as in on a server somewhere, and not your hard-drive?
    Is so, then the issue is nothing to do with your hardware.
    Maybe a server issue.

19. Balruck

Balruck New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The replay comes from press R key on my keybord during playing ^^

I have FX4300 @ 4,6Ghz and R9 390 8Go and 12Go Ram

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  20. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Do you have an integrated graphics card in your Mainboard/Processor?
    If so, maybe you can disable it, as it seems like your main GPU does not do the work it should do.