Problem Low replay FPS

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by voronov92, May 7, 2016.

1. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    True, and this could be the source of some side on issues. At least R3E should include a parameter to control this.

2. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Turned out I was wrong, it happens even when the RaceRoom folder is manually decompressed. I kept the folder open on top of running the replay and kept pressing F5 to refresh the folder in order to see what happens when the game automatically compresses the folder back. But surprise surprise, the stuttering started and the folder remained decompressed still. So unfortunately I'm back at square one and reverted back to suspecting the CPU as it's usage drops by 15-20 percent when the stuttering happens. I have no idea what to do next, I disabled every idle power management setting of the CPU in BIOS, every idle power management on all the windows power management profiles, CPU low state set to 100% on all of them, and also locked the GPU clock. This should not happen no matter what but it still does, in GTAV, Witcher 3, PCARS 2 and F1 2017 after the system idles for about 17-20 minutes the CPU usage drops by 15-20 percent and the stuttering happens but reverts back to normal as soon as I move the mouse. I am baffled as to why since like I said no idle settings should be active. In RaceRoom however the problem is worst because it can happen at any time during replays not only after a certain time and it only reverts back to normal after either I restart the game or make a resolution change. Any ideas regarding CPU setting are welcome, I have no other ideas really.

3. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Here are my power settings and BIOS settings:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Robineto

Robineto New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I watched your video, at 1m05 your fps drop immediatly, it look like a program (or virus) is starting. It's no way a compression problem in your case (but compression doesnt help at all). Did you move your mouse at 2m04 ? because after this moment your fps is ok again.

For me it look like a windows 10 update. But this kind of stuff can happen for looooooots of reason. it can also be the defrag from task scheduler or windows telemetry for exemple.

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  5. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I moved the mouse and pressed some keys and that time it fixed itself but, that never happened. Normally it stays like that until I restart the game or change a resolution setting.
    Defrag and win update are out of the question since it's impossible they happen every time I test the thing, and windows telemetry is completely disabled on my system using the latest versions of Spybot Anti Beacon and DWS (Dissable Windows Spying). Currently searching for viruses and such.

6. Robineto

Robineto New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Defrag is automatically activated with 10mn of inactivity by default. and it may be less, you should take a look and disable it to be sure. (brutal method is to run "Services.msc" then find disk defragmenter and disable it)

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, didn't know that.
    Edit: Noup all is in order in Task scheduler, it is completely disabled.

8. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Here is a better video explaining the problem:

9. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I have good news finally after months of frustration I found out what it is. They introduced the 64 bit launcher some time ago and I just tested the 32 bit one and there are no issues on that one. Tested 42 laps on different tracks and cars and I can confirm 100% now that the 64 bit launcher is the problem. Thanks for all your help guys. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    But it seems to me as a result of throtteling.
    Is your CPU too hot, or the GPU? Have you monitored this?

Or do you have some sleep states in your CPU activated?

11. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Dude look at the monitoring in my videos lol Anyway, the 64 bit launcher is the culprit I'm 100% sure now. It's a bug of some sort, not surprising to be honest as I see many people have problems with that launcher.

12. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    OK, sorry, I'm at work and it's forbidden to play videos, so thats what my guessing was.

13. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Of course no problem.

14. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    In case anyone is wondering the last patch did not fix this. Good AI behavior however, I can finally race wheel to wheel now.

15. Robineto

Robineto New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just had the exact same problem of tothrauldaniel on another game. I identified the problem : too many input devices connected to the computer cause this issue on poor optimized game.

You have a gamepad, a joystick or something similar causing this issue. You should disconnect that device before playing raceroom.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, will test right away. I do have one usb keyboard, one usb wired mouse, one usb wireles mouse, one usb wheel and one usb headset. I can do without the wireles mouse and headset if that is the case. But what I can say 100% sure is that only the 64 bit launcher does it and that when it happens the CPU usage drops, I have been testing for weeks both launchers.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  17. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Noup, already did it again.