Mercedes AMG GT4 released!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maskerader, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    A new car was released yesterday but no announcement on the forums. So here's this thread.

A nice car, I must say. I wasn't really impressed by AMG GT3 so I didn't have a lot of expectations for GT4. Surprisingly I enjoyed it. Very easy to drive, does exactly what you expect from it and does it right. I also love how this car sounds and looks.

After that, I drove my favorite GT4 car - a BMW M4 - to compare lap times and realised one thing AMG GT4 is lacking, similarly to its "bigger brother", GT3 car - it's the character. They are just too tame. BMW M4, while also being pretty easy and spot on in driving behavior, is simply more playful and fun to drive for me.

What do you think? What's your experience with this car?
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Weighty, stable, but vulnerable on the straights - I've been unable to coax any more top speed out of it via wing or rake adjustments.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    After 30 more laps I like the car even more. It does everything right, it's precise and smooth at the same time. Great car for racing.

Also, here's Billy Strange's take on it:

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Similar to the KTM and the AMG Gt3 then. I guess that means the BOP works and it will be good on downforce and corner tracks like Hungaroring or the Scandinavian ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    In my unofficial capacity as S3 quality assurance tzar there is one niggly thing - the interior mirror doesn't appear to have the usual realistic 'filter' applied to it, so it looks a bit raw.

GT3

[​IMG]

GT4

[​IMG]

6. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I think the BMW and KTM are more fun....but it is smooth.

7. scotty_r56s

scotty_r56s Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Love this car.
    Are we going to get a skin update to the FCP Euro livery? I'd like to see Mike Skeen and Trevor Andrusko listed as drivers.