Mid-Ohio chicane lay-out question

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Patrick van der Meulen, May 31, 2019.

1. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I have a big problem with Mid-Ohio chicane lay-out. On the full lay-out I can run at the midfield on 107% AI, but with the chicane lay-out I’m just dead last no matter which class or car. I just lose a second or so just on the chicane section. I always seem to overdrive that section. Biggest problem is that I just love the chicane lay-out (some kind of self-torture I guess).

I already searched for track guides and examples on youtube, but I only find video’s of track days and they are way less informative for racing as it comes to brakingzones. And IMSA, Nascar and Indycars are only using the full lay-out. SoI can’t use them for referencing the chicane lay-out.

Does anyone have a tip for me to improve my skills on the chicane section, or maybe are aware of helpful videos or trackguides which I may have missed in my quest to conquer the Mid-Ohio chicane?

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    What kinda cars are we talking about?
    If i got nothing else to do today i might give it a go and see if i can post an onboard of a good run together with my inputs.
    For now all i could offer is an external view of the 2005 merc dtm of a lap i did a while ago. Ill drop the link just in case it might be useful :D

Also just found this iracing track guide which might be more helpful than an external shot :D

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Your inflationary use of :D could imply that you're actually a mean guy, or a little bit uncertain about yourself...which one is it ? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Two ":D"s doesnt seem that much or do you mean across everything i post? (See this is where id put a ":D" cuz otherwise it sounds so serious which i dont think it is). Also i just type : and D which automatically turns into the green thing so it seems a bit more dramatic than its meant to be. And then im too old to have grown up using these hundreds of different emojis but too young to not use anything. But looking at the lenth of this justification it might not seem unreasonable to assume either of the two options you gave me ;)

• Funny Funny x 2