Problem Moved Raceroom to new Drive. Can't find Setups etc...

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Wilko Jones, May 24, 2020.

1. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Hello. Due to some space constraints I moved RaceRoom from my C drive to a much larger HDD. But now I can't find any of my setups, controller configurations or see any of my replays and, the game is acting like I made a brand new install.

I looked on the "C" Drive in the "My Documents" folder for the "Sim Bin" folder. But it wasn't in there. I did find it on my "D" Drive where RaceRoom is now located, but when I made a new setup to see if that folder is linked to the game, nothing new appeared. Is there some way I can have the game reconnect with that folder? Or is there another place I should be looking to find where setups and configurations are being saved?

2. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Back up the setups and delete the My games-Simbin folder. It shoukld create a new folder.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    \Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups

its in the my games folder

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Peter and Andi. I did find where the game is now saving R3E's Simbin file. I took the old data from the older files and over written the new saves. Now my setups, replays, and wheel settings are back.

Peter, you hit the nail on the head. Because I didn't backup that folder and get it out of the way before moving the game; R3E made a new file in the Documnets folder under the This PC directory. For me, the file path is:
    This PC\ Documents\ My Games\ Simbin\ RaceRoom Racing Experience\ ... etc.

Andi, that is where the active Simbin folder use to be, but I found where the game is putting the new one. Honestly, I find it strange that the setups aren't where the game install is, but that is me. I'm kind of new to PC gaming still.

Thanks a million fellas. Hopefully my conundrum could help others.