Moza R5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pullblox, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    can we keep the tone down please ...

Andi

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0

Ppl are trying to help you ; it doesnt matter that your settings work fine on another sim ; listen too the advice ; maybe its a style thing but your prose comes over badly

try the "true "fix ; to keep ffb on ; also try taking a few suggestions onboard and you may get closer to what you are looking for

Andi

ps be nice with your reply

3. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    1) C:\Users\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet <=== MOZA R5 Base.rcs
    2) C:\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General <=== steering_wheels.xml
    3) C:\Users\Documents\MOZA Pit House\PresetLibrary\R5 Base <=== R3E.json

There was one problem - the automatic steering angle.

Attached Files:

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I found a way to do that on R9. I think it's different than how it works on other wheels, but the end result is still very similar. I wonder it if will also work on R5.

First, this file: Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General\steering_wheels.xml
    Scroll down to where you added your R5 section and change these values as shown:
    <vendorSpecificRangeLock type="bool">false</vendorSpecificRangeLock>
    <supportsSpringEffect type="bool">true</supportsSpringEffect>

Then, your control profile in Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet
    Find this line and set the value to 1, like that:
    spring based range lock enabled="1" // Spring based range lock on/off

That's it, run the game and your wheel will stop at whatever angle you specify on the Car setup page.

Upd: In Moza software you should set rotation range to the same value that's in your control profile in this line:
    spring based range lock max rotation="900"

If these ranges are set to different values, the angles in the game won't match with numbers on the Setup page. You can edit this value in profile and set it to whatever number you want (probably not more than 1440), just make sure to set the same number in Moza software, then the angles in the game should be correct.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  5. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. It worked. The only thing is that the physical limitation of the steering wheel does not work, although it is prescribed (spring based range lock strength="1.0" // Strength of the spring based range lock) and works only at a value of 1080, but this is not a problem ..

6. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I post updated files for Moza R5 Base.

Attached Files:

7. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I don't quite understand. Does R5 have a physical wheel stop?

R9 doesn't have one: if the wheelbase is turned off, you can rotate it infinitely; and if you turn it on, the steering range limit is realized simply with maximum motor resistance once you exceed rotation angle that you set in Moza software. That "stopping" force feels different if you set the rotation range like I did above (it feels like a spring, it bounces back) than if you set it Moza software (this one feels stronger and more dampened), but the overall result is the same: it notifies you that the wheel doesn't "want" to rotate further and it also doesn't register your input past that point.

So what exactly works and what doesn't work?

P.S. Sorry for being nit-picky :oops:

8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No one at the studio, or even any of the testers have a Moza wheel, free or otherwise.

9. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    What worked: The steering angle is now automatically adjusted and synchronized with the ES steering wheel regardless of the value in the MOZA Pit House.
    What does not work: ES steering wheel rotates to the values specified in steering_wheels.xml, in my case it is 1080.
    If I select a Porsche 911 GT3 (2019), then my ES steering wheel is synchronized with the virtual steering wheel and will turn simultaneously to a value of 486 deg, after which the virtual steering wheel stops, and the ES steering wheel turns to a value of 1080 (900).

10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Oh, that's unfortunate. I wonder why it's like that. Maybe R5 doesn't support springEffect...

11. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Moza R5 is the same device, but weaker in strength. If I use the spring effect in the Pit House app, spring effect works.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
  12. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Well, I don't know how FFB works internally...

Yes, this "spring range lock" doesn't appear as fast and definitive as "native range lock" (the one you set in Pithouse). I didn't try to put all my strength into it, but even turning the wheel like 30 degrees beyond rotation range was already more than enough for me. I tested it both at 100% torque and 50% torque. I can't imagine turning the wheel almost a whole turn more like you said 486->1080.

So, to make it clear, do you feel this spring-like resistance when you hit "spring range lock"? And the issue is that it's not as strong as native lock, right?

13. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    The problem is that I don’t feel the springEffect where it should appear, but simply turns off the ffb in the game and the steering wheel rotates without resistance up to 1080.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Thread cleaned up and locked
    If you need to discuss further you can link to this thread in a new topic

Thankyou

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2022