Mr.C setups, tips & hints

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Mr.C, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Mr.C avid sim-racer

My Setup :
    PC : Processor - Intel Core I7-4790K 4.00GHz
    RAM - 16G DDR3
    Video card - Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4G RAM
    2 x SSD - 1 x steam, 1 x windows and 1 x HDD
    Monitor - ASUS ROG PG279Q
    SimGear home : Wheel - Thrustmaster T500RS
    Pedals - Fanatec V3
    Headset - SteelSeries Siberia V2
    - I use setup engineer cause I am a noob and don't know all things do.

* FIX for setup engineer opening browser at start
    1) "run as administrator".
    2) Delete all of the website files (4 or 5) in one of the folders, stops the internet access.

RaceRoom Settings :

For T500 or Thrustmaster users:
    I use T500 Config Manager to change the profile from sim to sim or car to car.

Steering rotation and lock
    - GTR3, DTM13/14/15, Aquila CR1, Group5 - 540Degrees wheel + game / 16-20 lock car setup
    - WTCC 13/14/15, NSu, Audi TT, Silhouette, 540Degress wheel + game / 12 - 18 lock car setup
    OR
    - some "aliens" use for WTCC13/14/15, Nsu, etc. , <250Degrees wheel+game/10-16 car setup

Thrustmaster T500RS wheel settings:
    Overall strength - 60%
    Constant - 100%
    Periodic - 70%
    Steering force intensity - 75%
    Spring - 100%
    Damper - 80%
    Auto Center - by the game 12%

RaceRoom force feedback settings:
    General Force feedback settings :
    Force feedback intensity - 100%
    Smoothing - 15%
    Force feedback spring - 0%
    Force feedback damper - 0%
    Steering force settings :
    Force feedback Minimum force - 10%
    Understeer - 60%
    Vertical Load - 60%
    Lateral Force - 75%
    Steering Rack - 100%
    Force feedback effect settings :
    Slip effect - 45%
    Engine vibrations - 0%
    Kerb vibrations - 30%
    Shift effect - 0

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Tips + Tricks
    1.AWESOME START EACH TIME! in any car on any track
    A. in this game you can't jump the start in online/multiplayer races, so this is the most important thing;
    B.put the car(any car) in 1st gear and depending on car half,quarter or full throttle, some examples : NSU- 100%, WTCC 13/14/15 Half to 3 quarters, DTM 92 all most full,just below red line, DTM13/14/15 half, P1 full, P2 below red line;
    C. REMEMBER since you can't jump start you don't need the clutch, just keep the acc. pressed at the presets above and the car will launch of the line as soon as it's green, you will not have a better reaction time than this;
    D. Go to SETTINGS - CONTROL SETTINGS - ADVANCED SETTINGS - CLUTCH BITTING POINT 1(it's at the bottom of the page).

2.Leaderboard lap -here we are looking for the last tenth at any expense!
    A. On some tracks before you go on your hot lap (Paul Ricard) you can deviate from normal entry line in the last corner and have a better run for your flying lap.It's not mandatory to follow the racing line before the last corner, just remember that you are coming with a bigger speed than normal so adjust your T1 brake point;
    B. Most people go full camber on LB because no tire wear, but sometimes more camber can create understeer so testing is required before we go there;
    C. Setup from LB will work on normal online races, but preferably the setup should be created in an extended Qualy session as that resembles the most with race session from my experience, might be wrong(developers can jump in and correct me);
    D. Depending on your skill, jump on LB and challenge a mid-pack time, not the fastest time.I usually make singleplayer/leaderboard challenge first alone and when I am confident in my lines and car then I look to see what others are doing;
    E. Do 3-4 lap stints, not just one lap;

3. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    3.Mandatory things for a fun experience in RaceDepartment RaceRoom Club events and others
    - Team Speak - even if you are shy or think your English skills are not good enough you can listen. When there is an incident up front or someone give's you a little love tap or a big smack they will say sorry, or when you are about to lap/be lapped by someone, it creates an all round better experience for everyone involved- Get TS here!
    - Crew Chief APP - if you don't want to use Team Speak try to get Crew Chief APP it will tell you tons of details and keep you honest and safe on the track, very good spotter if you are using cockpit/nose cam.Get Crew Chief APP here!.

4. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    4. Your 30 minutes practice time Guide for club events :
    Most people just want to join the fun and not practice allot before and it's perfectly fine and understandable so here are a few tips/tricks to make great use of those 30 min:
    - most default setups are more than decent for a club event but make sure you A. have your correct steering wheel rotation and lock, B.99% of the situation you will need 100% Brake Pressure in car setup so change that first too.
    - your first laps must be clean ones, don't push, don't try to follow others and try to put your self in real life and drive as you see;
    -after first laps change gear ratio if needed(you should be close to red line in top gear on longest straight)
    -more clean laps, club events are about fun and door to door racing + lots of banter so race pace and being comfortable with the car/track is more important than one hot lap;
    - doing clean laps you will learn faster your brake points, pushing and running wide you won't, slow is sometimes better;
    - at the end of Official practice session calculate fuel for race, since i am stupid i do like this number of race minutes, 30 x 60(transform all the minutes in seconds, 60=60sec/1min) = 1800 devide all this by the number of seconds/lap, GTR3 Laguna Seca average of 1min.22sec = 88sec, 1800/88=20.4 so i would put fuel for 23-25Laps;
    - In Qualy session put fuel for maximum 3laps and hit the same brake points, your corner speed will be higher and acc/brake transition faster so you don't need to push the braking points, this way you are sure you get a lap in.
    - Qualy - Race - put fuel back, use starting procedure from above, be mindful in T1 and pick your fights, if someone is 4+sec faster trying to follow them will result in a crash, defend cleanly and move on, when someone of similar pace makes a pass, do like Valentino Rossi and try to fight back as soon as it's possible in a safe manner, don't let them get a rhythm;
    - TS - you can intimidate your opponents with smart remarks - You drive like a snail uphill, I am coming out of the pits

5. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
  6. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
  7. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0