Known Issue Multiplayer: Flickering, disappearing cars issue

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sonat Ozturk, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Please keep in mind that removing the p2p functionality is nothing but a quick workaround and not a final fix. It will surely lead to more network load on the server and is sub-optimal, but better than the problems that came up after the latest big patch. I guess this is also the reason why the join lag is back.

2. Andre Bonaparte

Andre Bonaparte New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    After remove de P2P the experience is really, REALLY, better! Please maintain this!!!!!! This is the correct way! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Morning mates,
    We did some more testing yesterday eve and discovered some problems with the MP. Nothing you cant work around but it should be mentioned.
    1. The already noted join lags. Dont happen every time and not to everyone.
    2. There were some problems which started after around 70 minutes of practicing. Before that all worked really smooth.
      • One player joined practice very late and was invisible to everyone else.
      • Some guys reported jumping/wrong/missing/doubled positions at the leaderboard at the top of the screen. Problem remained for those guys even after they left the server and rejoined. Again not everyone was affected, on my screen all looked fine.
      • After the end of practice some guys were still stuck at practice and didnt move to qualifying. Those were the same guys who had the problems mentioned before though.
      • To nearly everyone no start signal appeared. Only two out of 15 guys saw the signal.
    Restarting the server with just 5mins of practice for joining and immediately switching to qualifying solved all problems noted in #2. So nothing you cant handle, but it looks like the RDS doesnt like sessions that long. :)

4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the report, I've passed the information on. Do you have the dedicated server logs from the sessions by any chance? If so, could you upload them here please?
    Thanks.

5. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Luckily Yes. Those are the logs of the "faulty" session. :)

Attached Files:

6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Brilliant, I'll pass those along. Thanks very much :)

7. Zeus247

Zeus247 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Last 3 races cars were dissappearing for 1-2 sec. It happened couple of times, didn't count.