New Features/ Options wishlist 2020-2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Erwin Sch

Erwin Sch Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Automatic race fuel calculation:
    raceroom.png
    Apply race fuel to current setup with the click of one button. Alsom fuel use per lap could use one more digit precision.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Will not happen, if we don't get a 2021 DTM season. The track layout is DTM exclusive for 3 years now.

3. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to see some vertical head movement. I nabbed this clip from La Broca's YT channel which shows the effect.

Watch the parallax between the bonnet and the dash as the driver's head bounces up and down over bumps. It's subtle but it really enhances the illusion.

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I already get this effect. The head movement slider in the options menu makes this happen. I use 10-15%

5. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I'm also on 10%. The head pitches up and down, rolls, forward and back, and looks/feels great, but at these lower settings the vertical axis appears fixed in place.

To see what I mean try a GT3 Mclaren which has a similar 'hood' over the dash as the Ferrari in the video. Adjust your driver seat up or down to line up the top of the hood with the bonnet and then go driving. Unfortunately we need to ramp up the head movement slider to very high to see any appreciable vertical motion, but by then we're already in 'yikes' territory.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I see what you mean. To be honest I feel like the movement in your video is exaggerated. In a real car the driver is strapped down hard so there is very little head movement up and down (it would require the drivers neck to extend and compress).

7. Sjean Paul

Sjean Paul New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if it's been asked before or if this is even the right thread, but I'd love to see support for AMDs FidelityFX Super Resolution. Big performance increase for both Nvidia and AMD graphics cards, even in VR. It's basically a win-win for everyone.

8. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    This feature requires dx11, 12 or vulkan- Raceroom is dx9

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sjean Paul

Sjean Paul New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alright, wasn't aware of that. Thanks for crushing my hopes early, it's better this way than hopefully checking patch notes for the foreseeable future.

10. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I mean VR shouldn't be working with DX9, but they made it.
    FSR is open source so it could be modified to work with DX9.

Of course, I'd rather RaceRoom was bumped up in DX version.

11. Sjean Paul

Sjean Paul New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You're absolutely right, and despite that, R3E is still my best VR experience out of all racing simulators.
    That said, at some point bumping up the DX version is probably the most straightforward development road to take.

12. Redsco

Redsco New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, will the 2021 DTM arrive in Raceroom this year (and my wish would be a Ferrari GT3 for race in this championship)?

• Like Like x 1
  13. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Small feature request - Please give us the option to remove the start lights across the screen - I'd rather look at the real lights at trackside if possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gordie

Gordie Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I think that option is already available, check in HUD options.

15. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    There's always a chance I'm missing it, but I am looking mow and cannot see anything related to start lights.

16. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Another feature I would really like to see is in the store rather than the game - for players who have already bought the premium pack & track packs, it would be nice to have a 'purchase everything not owned' option.

Once the premium pack & main track packs are purchased, there is not much for the player to do except buy each car or track individually after that, which is not so attractive. i.e. Despite being one of the 'best customers', there is no longer a chance of much discount in the future, once those packs have been purchased.

This could be solved by allowing the buyer to purchase any cars & tracks they do not own, in a single bundle for a discounted price.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Gordie

Gordie Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I've just realized the virtual start lights are actually a part of Otterhud and can be turned off in it's options - I assume you use it.

18. DrKarotte

DrKarotte Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I have these starting lights without OtterHud (cannot use it due to performance issues). I have checked the options and have not found any option, too. Only idea would be to turn off the game overlay elements compeltely (I have them set to "essentials only"). But this may have unwanted side-effects, of course.

19. Gordie

Gordie Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I can't get these lights to appear without Otterhud. Perhaps it's a bug with the new UI, setting got lost in transit, I dunno.

20. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Thanks anyway, I cannot see it as a default option, and I haven't used Otter for a while. Anyway, I just fired Otter up again and it gets rid of the lights for me, so problem solved :)