New T300RS user and FFB settings

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by fnugen, Aug 8, 2021.

1. fnugen

fnugen Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I just hooked up the wheel and set bindings and so forth. I checked FFB in game settings and looked like it was all correct as suggested by R3E. It is beyond heavy in the corners. Am I missing something? It felt fine on the G920 I just replaced. I was expecting a refined experience like in ACC once I had it set up. This is like turning a boulder. 2 laps was too much because the turning was heaviest I've ever felt. I deleted all control sets in my Simbin folder and started with new settings. What's up?

TM control panel settings included since they differ from the game settings.

Attached Files:

2. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Don't know if you're aware but you can adjust FFB strength for individual cars. You may need to bind the keys, though.

Since the big patch I've had to reduce each car's FFB strength by about 40% across the board. Where once I was using, say, 1.5 strength I'm now using 0.8 on average.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. fnugen

fnugen Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I cannot like that enough @Lixma. I read about the FFB binding, but never used it. HOLY CRAP what a difference. Dialed in in a few laps. I assume once set in a practice or race, it's saved per car? Love this new wheel even more now.

4. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Yep, saved per car. It's a godsend!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Arwin Smits

Arwin Smits New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I like my FFB as heavy as possible from my T300RS. It's still a lot lighter than the real cars, especially the ones without power steering.

Here are my settings:
    Thrustmaster: Everything at 100 (except for Auto Centering, I use the 'by the game' setting for that)
    In-Game:
    FFB Strength - 100%
    FFB Linearity - 60% (Lower than the recommended value, but with these high settings the contrast between low and high speed was too high and caused clipping in fast turns.)
    Minimum Force - 2%
    Maximum Force - 100%
    Stationary Friction - 70%

Use the FFB Graph when you try a new car. You can use most cars with these settings, but you'll have to lower the FFB multiplier with some cars to prevent clipping. As long as the green line doesn't rise above the red line in fast corners you're good to go! (I'd recommend finding the highest value without that happening for the most realistic result)

It might be extremely heavy compared to what you're used to with the G920, but these settings offer the most realistic FFB you can experience with the T300RS imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fnugen

fnugen Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I will mark my present settings down and try yours. I realize that Logi is more toy like after even a couple days with the T300. A whole new learning curve after years of being a Logi driver. I should've made this switch long ago. @Arwin Smits Thanks for the insight.

7. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    TX here.

I set everything at 100 in the Thrustmaster, let the game deal with it.

In game I have everything default except minimum at 2% and linearity at 85% (don't want the ffb to compress to much).