App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I've tested the latest version 2.0.1 again and there are no problems anymore with the new modes "Toggle button" and "Always On". I did a 13 Lap DTM race with pitstop and a drive through penalty and the whole app worked absolutly perfect. After my drive through penalty the message "you have served your penalty" came like expected. GREAT WORK! THANK YOU!

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Great to hear it's working properly :)

I've just added some tooltips to the properties interface and fixed it so all the properties get shown on that interface (some were missing). Will be in the next update, whenever that is :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I've just pushed up 2.0.2 to the usual links. Nothing exciting in this version, just some slightly less grotty property interface stuff and some mouse-over help text on some of the properties

• Like Like x 1
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!
    Got this error, but 2.0.1 solved it! :)

5. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Man - this just keeps getting better. Haven't had time yet to give this latest version ago, due to work, but will be giving it a good going over this weekend.

6. Clover

Clover Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hello mr_belowski! and thanks for making this, it is extremely useful. Just wanted to say i am running CrewChiefV2 2.0.2 successfully with speech recognition under Windows 10 Pro.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  7. Jörg Menzel

Jörg Menzel Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Nice Work, please now in German ! :)

8. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Just uploaded another update with some bug fixes, a warning for when you screw up your drive through or stop-go and it doesn't clear the penalty, and a new 'how's my pace' response set.

There are now 700 individual voice files in there so if anyone wants to re-record all these in German I'd be happy to include them :)

Edit: this update requires a new sound pack (sound pack 2.1) - probably easier just to grab the version with the bundled sound pack

• Like Like x 5
  9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to try, and as a matter of fact I did, but my voice is just to grumbly and monotonous. :imp:

10. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I finally downloaded V2
    I can't use the voice reco at this time but no big deal.

My only concern is that I would like to start the app automatically. Because I launch my game with SimCommander (simvibe), witch allow me to side-load other programs when launching a game.
    Is there a command line parameter I can give to start the app when Crew Chief is loaded ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Right, tested the latest version today for a few hours and it worked flawlessly. I can't believe just how well the voice recognition works. In the heat of racing, I sometimes found myself mumbling a command and for a split second, I thought the app would not be able to detect what I just said, but no, it recognised my speech every time. I know this is a Microsoft thing, but thanks for producing a great app that makes good use of this technology.

12. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Great to hear it's working nicely. The MS voice recognition stuff really surprised me - the API is great, the way you assemble the grammars is good and having it listen only for a very narrow (app specific) set of words and phrases is a clever way of making the accuracy really rather brilliant. Especially considering it needs no example sound input or other training.

le_poilu - I'm going to look into getting the whole thing running with a single short-cut. I think I can launch Race Room with a steam call - something like steam.exe -lauch_app -appId=211500 or whatever. I'll put this in the config file so those running the game without steam can modify it (I think there were boxed DTM 2014 / ADAC 2014 versions produced which didn't use Steam). Then instead of the app just waiting till it sees the RRRE.exe process, if it doesn't see it it'll attempt (once only) to launch it.

I'll also add an option to start up application in 'running' mode, so once you have it all configured how you want, the next time you launch CrewChief it can start up without you having to press the 'Start application' button. This will combine with the auto launch Race Room to allow (if it works....) one-click to launch everything.

I'll also fix the annoying and incorrect responses when you ask "how long's left?" and you're on the last lap of a timed race

• Like Like x 4
  13. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I noticed a volume control option in the config file for background noises does that mean you can do something similar with everything else? or have i missed somthing

14. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, no. The app uses the built in c# SoundPlayer for the messages which has no option for volume. The background is actually played by windows media player, which does have a volume control.

I know this sounds bonkers but there's only 2 background sound files so the big heavy windows media player is OK here. There are 700 sound files for messages, which are all loaded and prepared when the app starts, so I needed the built in player for that. The built in SoundPlayer is too simple even to allow concurrent playback, hence using wmp for backgrounds.

It all made sense when I wrote it anyway...

There should be a volume control for crew chief in the windows mixer

Tl/Dr: no :)

Edit... Ignore all the above

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  15. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    That's eveything i'll need :p

Thanks!

16. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the windows mixer resets every time i start the app it is the only thing that does not hold its previous setting. the issue is i run r3e at 30% volume so when i start crew chief and i have the volume turned up for r3e it can be painful when i get that audio cheak message at the start.

17. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    OK, I've just added separate volume controls for the messages and for the background sounds, which should persist between sessions. Wooo :)

Will test and package it all up later

The messages volume control should synch with the CrewChief volume control in the Windows mixer and the value you set *should* be saved in your preferences. The background volume control sets how loud the Windows Media player instance which plays the background loop is. These controls are independent from each other

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  18. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    OK, i've pushed up version 2.2 to the same links. It needs a new sound pack so just grab the full version.

Setting up the launch params should just be a case of changing the "r3e_launch_exe" property to wherever your steam.exe is. If you're launching a non-steam version of R3E then this parameter should be the full path to the R3E exe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. MPN64

MPN64 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, for the update...best part,no more swearing over forgetting to start Crew Chief before R3E:)

20. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Just updated again to add some help text to the new parameters - no new functionality or anything. If anyone has trouble getting the app to start Race Room, or the volume sliders don't work, give me a yell. I probably won't be able to fix it, but you can yell at me anyway :)