OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. museumsteve

museumsteve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    That was indeed the problem, many thanks for that ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. PolarClaw

PolarClaw Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Since the update in December the VR performance got as big hit and now a few month later nothing changed. I really like RaceRoom but if nothing happens on the graphics engine and VR then I have to put it on the shelf.
    There are a lot new techniques like Nvidia VRSS, correct viewing masks and so on for VR but nothing here in RaceRoom.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    again, more communication would be great, roadmap? plans for the future? is there something here?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Chequers

Chequers New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have given up trying to get Raceroom to look ok in VR, It's just a shimmering mess no matter what settings I try.
    Such a shame.
    rF2 and AMS 2 look great and run great on my Quest 2, the only hope we have is that when GTR3 is released Raceroom may move to the same engine because DX9 is not optimal for VR.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Ir's weird how experiences differ. I feel the opposite but absolutely believe you. Equipment, settings, in and out of the sim, all play a role, even perception. Good we have choices, but this sim feels wonderful in VR to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. A Warringa

A Warringa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom run perfect with my Quest 1 using Opencomposite. But yesterday I got my G2 and OpenComposite only works with Oculus. All my other racing sims work perfect with the G2 but only Raceroom now has poor performance. I can get smooth fps when I turn the graphics to the bare minimum but that sucks. Apparently SteamVR is causing this poor performance?
    I9 9900 + 2080 Super

7. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    Nah, DX9 is causing the poor performance. ;)

8. A Warringa

A Warringa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    But with a Quest 1 and Opencomposite it runs perfect.. as soon as I made the switch from SteamVR to Opencomposite there was a very noticable increase in fps.

9. A Warringa

A Warringa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Got my 90fps back by using medium settings with track details set to high. I changed the SS in Steam from 100 to 85 which apparently makes a huge impact on the fps. Going to play with this some more - maybe graphic settings on high with a lower SS is even better :)

10. A Warringa

A Warringa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I was a bit too enthousiastic - that was during a solo practice on the Schleife. In a full race my fps drops to 60 at some points. Only with settings to Low I can get 90fps with a full field. I9 9900, 2080 Super. Something is completely off here - I can run all other sims with 90fps with settings on High. fpsvr shows that my gpu and cpu are hardly being used, yet I get these terrible framerates.

11. PolarClaw

PolarClaw Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    G2 has a much higher resolution and most of the graphics are done by the CPU in one thread. Additional is the WMR stack and the WMR Windows setting (performance vs. high resolution).

And as I had the G2 to test it, I would say 85% is way to high.
    What are all other Sims? My experience was that I could run RaceRoom with a slightly higher resolution than e.g. AMS 2.

12. A Warringa

A Warringa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Polarclaw, The G2 is absolutely more demanding but I expected that I could run Raceroom with about the same graphic settings as with my Quest 1 when I set the G2 to 50%. The Quest 1 is only connected by a usb cable so that is quite a bottleneck. I think not being able to use OpenComposite and now having to use WMR/SteamVR is the biggest reason.
    'All other sims' was a bit of an overstatement - I only tested AMS2 briefly but that one didn't run that well, but haven't tried to optimize it yet. Iracing - stable 90fps with my SS set to 100%, most gfx set to High. It's bloody gorgeous sharp. It differs a bit per track though - full field on Charlotte Roval dropped me to 70fps at the pits, but mostly back to 90fps during the race itself.
    Assetto -most graphics to medium, sol and CSS installed, 90fps with SS set to 85%. Again it looks gorgeous.
    Dirt Rally 2 - stable 90fps, gfx medium. (Edit - SS set to 80%)

The difference with Raceroom is that settings in the other sims make sense - I got 70fps in DR2 for example, turned down some settings to medium until I got 90fps stable.
    In raceroom having to switch from full graphics (Quest 1) to the bare minimum for my G2 set to 50% SS just doesn't make sense.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  13. mykie rocks

mykie rocks New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello if you guys still reply whenever i try to launch the game it crashes or says "Openvr error code :110" can you help with this also when i launch it it says "play raceroom (32 bit) and 64 bit) and there is also Launch raceroom (32 bit) and (64 bit) in steam vr mode which one do i choose. and i have a quest 2

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  14. BRing

BRing New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ehm,

how do you adjust FOV in VR guys?
    Do you move your seat in a position that your wheel and cars/games wheel match 1:1 and then you set the setting in RR not to show wheel?

PS:
    HP Reverb G2 with 50% SS

15. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    FOV is fixed, you don't have to mess around with that. Only adjust the seat as you like.

Of you want to disable the wheel, you will lose immersion. You have to see at least one wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Autobox [ARG]

Autobox [ARG] New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Desde la ultima actualización (menor) del 27 de junio que, Usando Oculus Rift y SteamVR, el juego va a los tirones. Actualice todo (Win 10, Nvidia, Oculus) por si el problema era mío pero, todo siguió igual. Luego en Discord encontré otros usuarios de Oculus que se quejaron de lo mismo. Van a sacar alguna actualización para solucionarlo? Gracias.

Desde la última actualización (menor) del 27 de junio, usando Oculus Rift y SteamVR, el juego va a dar un vuelco. Actualiza todo (Win 10, Nvidia, Oculus) por si el problema fuera mío pero todo sigue igual. Luego, en Discord, encontré a otros usuarios de Oculus que se quejaban de lo mismo. ¿Recibirás una actualización para solucionarlo? Gracias

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  17. TanHammer

TanHammer New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is this really the root cause of all the issues with VR in this sim?
    I've been trying to get it running smoothly with varied sucess for the past few days.
    I'm running a Rift S with a 5700xt & 5600x on latest build of Open Composite.
    If I drop all settings to lowest, no shadows, lowest details, 10 visible cars, no AA etc. I can get it to run at 80fps in multiplayer (single player with A.I is a lost cause) with a few acceptable dips here and there but I feel like I'm playing an arcade game from 15 years ago.
    Bumping up the visual settings helps a ton with the immersion but the FPS drops are far too frequent in multiplayer and I find I really need a solid 80 fps to have a good experience online.
    I had the same issues with ACC but the 5600x upgrade fixed it. I haven't given up yet as I'd love an alternative to iRacing for VR content outside of GT3.

18. A Warringa

A Warringa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    With a Rift S and Opencomposite it should run great.. On my Quest 1 and using OpenComposite I got the max 72fps with all details set to max. Now on my G2 using WMR I have to drop the resolution to 50% and turn all the graphics to their lowest settings. It looks completely crap.
    It's not a CPU/GPU issue, I run other sims at mostly 100% resolution and get 90fps in full races. Also vrfps shows my cpu and gpu and hardly being used in Raceroom.

19. TanHammer

TanHammer New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I can get it to run fine if I drop all settings to the lowest, but it looks rough. I definitely can't replicate your experience using Oculus with Open Composite or Steam VR, it's either lowest settings & solid 80fps or mixed settings & frequent drops.
    It is strange that you would see such a difference between the two headsets you've used, perhaps it's an issue with how this sim runs with WMR?

20. A Warringa

A Warringa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It's due to WMR indeed. Some sims like AC or Iracing run perfect, but especially Raceroom and Dirt Rally 2 run horrible with WMR. So I'll just accept it as it is and run Raceroom in a low resolution. It looks worse than with my Quest 1 :-/