Problem Pit Drive Through Penalty - Speeding in Pits - not clearing

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Wilko Jones, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    This may be a potential Crew Chief issue. I never seen and on screen flag indicating that I had a drive though. But I did have onscreen HUD disabled to use OtterHud.

The problem... I was racing in a private multiplayer session. We were running Group C cars at Road America, after stopping for tires I was warned that I had to serve a drive though for speeding in the pits. The following lap I attempted to serve the penalty. I loaded my preset and hid the popup until I entered pit lane. I made sure I wasn't speeding when I entered the pits, and served the pit. Upon exiting after control was given back to me, I got another speeding in the pits penalty.
    I repeated the the drive though again, and got hit with the penalty yet again! I then raced for a lap and I was reminded to serve the drive though. While I was in the pits, the crew chief app informed me that I had multiple penalties. I assumed that I was facing a DQ if I completed another lap, so I ended my own race... DNF reguardless.

This isn't the first time the group I participated in came across this penalty bug. This has happened to others in the previous races. Any help with this would be appreciated.

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Simply driving through the pit lane is not enough, you need to activate the action "Perform penalty":

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    We are on the same page, I did all of that. I also made sure I was going under 60 kph before I entered the pit. The only difference for the drive through, I did not get the option to serve the penalty until the car pulled into the pit box. Which seemed odd to me. Upon leaving the pits, I got flagged for speeding in the pits.

4. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @Wilko Jones When you serve a drive through penalty you do not stop in your pit. If you don't select the serve penalty the game thinks you are doing a normal pit stop.
    If all goes correctly you will enter the pits and stay under the speed limit then drive out the end of the pit lane.
    You need to have a penalty set in your pit stop presets so that you can select it as you get close to the pitlane or select it when safe to do so while racing. Also it is easy to get the speeding in pit lane penalty if not using the auto pit limiter.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You can't activate the penalty action in the presets, you can only do that when you are out on track and actually have gotten a penalty.

Maybe there really is a bug with these penalties in multiplayer races, the beta testers could try reproducing it.

6. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @majuh Thanks for correcting my post.
    I realised it was wrong after sending it. There is another game that is similar to the system about penalties.
    Selecting the penalty is not so easy to do when racing.

7. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I think you can select to serve a penalty when you are already in the pitlane. It's easier then while racing on track.

8. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. I did use the Pit limiter every time I was in the pits. In OtterHUD there's an option to have the background of the on screen Motec flash red when the pit limiter is on. I have a button to activate the pit limiter mapped to my wheel, and I pressed it well before the line where penalties would occur.
    When leaving the pits, the limiter turns its self off once the car passes the line at the end of the pits (which appears to be floating at Road America). Maybe I caused the penalty by having the throttle floored as the limiter switches its self off? That shouldn't be the case though.

9. Teddie

Teddie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys. New here. Came here because I was having the pit speed penalty as well. So, what I have figured out, at least for me, this is what was happening.

Everything is great with my pit. Pit limiter used, AI take over, etc.
    The problem happens when Pit AI are finished and send you on your way. Watch the pit-speed/your-speed info on the screen as the AI pull you out. You'll blip red right as you start moving, about 10 above pit limit. I tried to do the gear to 2nd thing, but I can't control gears when AI have control of the pit.

So anyway, for now, I've been practicing manually pitting and everything is great doing that. No penalties.

10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    which car and track is this happening on please

Andi

11. Teddie

Teddie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sepang GP.
    Saleen 7SR

12. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Just to clarify. I have 1 preset w/ change 'Front tires' only. When I entered the pits to try serve the penalty, the pit menu showed 'Serve Penalty' already (no confirm button, as I presumed it wasn't needed), but when I stopped (I guess this is where I made a mistake, as I shouldn't have stopped) and exited, the penalty wasn't served. Are you saying I should still create a separate preset w/ 'Serve Penalty' and select this before entering Pits? If so, how many other presets are suggested to be made, and for what? Thanks.

13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I don't even think that's possible. The "Serve Penalty" option only shows up on the context menu if you actually have a penalty to serve. And it is selected by default when entering the pits if I remember correctly.

14. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You can't create a preset for that, and you need to confirm out on track that you want to serve the penalty using the button you bound in the control settings. The background of the option needs to be green, and all other options will automatically be disabled then.

15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Right, I also see that when I get the penalty and when the pit menu pops up. I just had to clarify with @Wilko Jones as that's what he said.

@majuh , one quick thing... I do have a button for opening the Pit Menu, but I believe it opens automatically when I enter the pits. Just clarifying if I still need to open it manually before entering?

16. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It's not about opening the pit menu, there are other buttons for selecting and confirming the actions in the pit menu. It should also work when confirming the "Serve penalty" action after you've already entered the pit lane.

17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Oh sorry, so what do you mean 'confirm that I want to serve the penalty w/ the button bound in settings'? In my experience, I just need to go in Pits and the Pit Menu shows up with the action already stating 'Serve penalty', and I didn't need to press anything. Thanks for clarifying.

18. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You can bind keys to control the pit menu while out on track. If you want an action to be carried out, you need to activate it so the background is green like in the pit stop presets menu: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...o-pull-off-a-manual-pitstop.7372/#post-106255

19. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Ok, yes, I understood that already (already had bound keys to Open Pit Menu, U/D/L/R, and Confirm), but like I said, I didn't even have to press anything, nor confirm, when in pits, as it opened automatically when I entered pits and the 'Serve penalty' message was already there, and i didn't even have to confirm. Actually I could only traverse the menu Up/Down, but no Confirm button nor anything changed w/ L/R presses on any item in the Menu. So I had to clarify your statement. Thanks again.

20. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the pit menu opens automatically when you enter the pits, and yes, the "Serve penalty" action automatically appears when you've got a penalty, but it's not automatically being activated. When you use manual pit controls, you don't necessarily need to activate it, but it's still a good idea to activate it just to make sure the penalty is correctly being served.

• Like Like x 1