Please add dark mode option for main menu

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karol Mały, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Karol Mały

Karol Mały Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I think it would be a nice option to have a dark mode available for main and car/track selection menus.
    The sudden change of dark mode to white when going from session to main menu is quite harsh on your eyes and unhealthy.
    I always try to close my eyes when doing so and then I open them slowly just to ease them to the white menu.
    It's especially annoying when sitting in front of the big screen/triples in the evening or night.
    I suppose this could also be an inconvenience for VR users.
    Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I haven´t tried it out myself, but I have read that there is a steam-startup option "-webmenu" that makes the appearance like in the replay menu - so I hope dark theme, too.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I think they are still working on redesigning the menus. They will probably be a lot darker when that's finished, just like the setup screens that already have been changed.

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    it is being worked on /ironing out glitches etc
    Andi

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
  5. Karol Mały

Karol Mały Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for info guys :)
    Tried that -webmenu parameter but nothing changed so waiting for that new (hopefully darker) menu ;)

6. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    If the new main menu will look like the car setup screen, it will be FANTASTIC!!! Please, no more jerky video layer in the background, it slows everything down.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I think the webmenu parameter was only temporary for testing, before the current black menu within session became the only one available in the build. All it did was activating part of the black UI we already have in the game nowadays. And yep, these things are being worked on at chunks, main menu so far hasn't got the treatment.