Project Cars 3

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Badgerous, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Wow, i now want do deinstall all sims and want to install the only one true sim, that is pCARS3. It is great how much time i can safe doing only 2 and 3 lap races - great.

Erin has convinced me. Lets praise our new savior.

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I'm not really fond of this guy in general, but this gave me a good chuckle.:D

• Like Like x 2
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Was already posted a few messages ago. :D

What's really baffling to me, is how the game actually gets many 8-9/10 ratings from the press. Did they not tried the predecessors or even Shift? :confused:

4. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    What baffles me more that pCARS 3 got 6/10 on IGN, a site i normally dont trust, where AAA-Games got good rates bc they are AAA (most media these days rate like this, but IGN imo is sometimes even more extreme).

When you considere that, you know how bad that game is.

5. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    No problem, just start not trusting IGN Italy :D
    https://it.ign.com/project-cars-3-pc/172955/review/project-cars-3-la-recensione

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0

There are tons of such videos where the people just show that they have not understand what Pcars3 is and for who... So many people are talking so weird things these days its ridiculous and overly exaggerated... Like the graphics are bad or its an Codemaster game. Both things just not true and if it would be an Codemasters game then they would have ruined it with cutting content, game modes and features compared to the predecessor like they did with Grid 2019

I have the feeling that we live in a weird time where people seem to get more attention and reputation when they talk badly about things. If you say hey thats great, i really like it then you get threatened by upset people because they hate that you like something. Thats what happened to the Actrollvision guy and thats not the only recent case.

I played Shift, Pcars ect and would give Pcars 3 a 8,5/10 after playing for 10h with pad and wheel and enjoying every car i tried so far. Great career, multiplayer and rivals mode too.

Pcars 1 and 2 never felt great to me. And bad handling+bad default setups killed the fun for me. This alone makes Pcars 3 for me "200% better than Pcars 2" and i finally got the game i waited 9 years for :p

Only issue is the typical SMS pepega AI... Little to no improvement since the Shift games lol...

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  7. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    You mean, for a Community Assisted Racing Simulator crowd?
    Sorry, but it remains a marketing fail.
    I'm fine with a Shift predecessor, i'm even fine, if it's a huge bugfest :D but it should do things better than before.
    Maybe, yeah. This is still no shield for critizism.
    They are okay. But they have some "interesting" artistic choices.
    I personally don't blame Codemasters...the decision to make it a Shift-Lite was made way earlier, than this contract was done. The Codemasters hate, making them the villain of sim racing is BS, anyway...Something, Ermz also has made a pretty BS video about, with bad research and tabloid style...
    The AI of pCars3 could be amazing, with some tweaks...they finally breaked through the typical pCars2 chain grid and they race...but they race inreasonably much, you see the different tyre physics too clearly and have no spatial awareness.
    It could actually be a lot better, with some love for that.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  8. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    And Bailey is completely right!

If this really should happen: Attacking a content creator for creating content around a popular or even unpopular topic is poor btw., don't do it... (Watching the dislike ratio for example)
    Shaking my damn helmet.

Also Mike from SimRacing 604 is not a clickwhore...give this man some love, ffs.

10. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Its been some time since I witnessed a game getting trashed like this one, all over the web, apparently.

Having not liked part 1, and refunding part 2, I find it easy to stay away from this part 3 now.,

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Love it with wheel... I wish Pcars 1 and 2 would have felt that great :p

Project Cars 3 | Ferrari F12 TDF Race @ Circuito de Jerez with Wheel

• Like Like x 1
  12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I don't get what all the fuss is about, to be honest. Going over the reviews on Steam, nearly every negative review has the same theme... this it isn't a true PCars 3, that it's become a sim-cade, that it's based on a career mode, etc. The sim-cade, casual-crowd nature of this game was obvious from the very first promo video released by SMS, and has only become more obvious over the last few months. If people are dropping £50 on a game they expect to be a full sim and/or true PCars successor, then I have no sympathy for them at all. That's what happens when you have more money than sense, and fail to do basic research.

The level of hate being displayed on both sides of the fence at the other is also absolutely pathetic. You would never, ever outright insult and threaten a person for having the opposite opinion to you face-to-face, so what on Earth makes it acceptable behaviour on the internet? They're acting like spoilt, emotionally stunted, self-entitled pre-teens... grow up, get a life, and reorganise your f-ing priorities people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    It is not about whether it is a sim or arcade. It’s all about having fun. No more no less. At least for me it is. :D If a game gives me fun then it is ok. I really can’t understand all the negativity. If the game does not appeal you then the best thing you can do is not buying it.

14. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  15. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Are those cars in the same performance group or what? They shouldn't be by the looks of things.

17. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I liked Need for Speed III Hot Pursuit 20 years ago with the Jaguar XK, Aston Martin and Ferrari 550. So I might enjoy this. But then again maybe Project Cars 2 is the better Project Cars 3 ... ;)

18. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    7c6.jpg

The first game, i have ever driven with a wheel.
    Unlock the El Nino and experience, what understeer REALLY means!:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Looks like you compare stock cars... This is a game about tuning... ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  20. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Looks very bumpy but its a lot of fun in the LMP3 ^^

Shame that i forgot about the "flaw" of the Madness engine that the sound detail in replays is reduced... So even the cockpit sound is not as great as it was when i drove... AMS2 has the still the same "issue" btw...

Project CARS 3 | Ligier JS P3 | Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Like Like x 1