App R3E Reality GT - Multiplayer Broadcast Overlay

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Scout, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Good job @Scout nice work mate ,all the best for New Year

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Small update to fix some bugs with the metric/imperial values on the event info widget. Download link is in the first post.

Version 1.1.1 Changlog

• [Bug Fix] Fixed opposite metric/imperial units showing on the event info screen.
    • [Bug Fix] Added correct conversions for metric units.
    If you start the tool using yesterdays version (v1.1.0), you should hopefully get a notification to say a new version is available.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  3. Gianni Nicosia

Gianni Nicosia Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Yes...it works perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Now we are expecting such a beautiful overlay in-game :) Sector3 you can hire this guy

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    This tool looks very good!

Do you think it is possible that for the team name, you get the data from the player's profile where they specify their team or community?

And also...
    Do you maybe want to make a style with these colours? :D
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    That now could go in the right directions, I think .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    How can i put my own logo in this results box
    On the place where here stand Raceroom

Attached Files:

8. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I can change it so that if there is a team name specified on their profile, to show that instead. I can look at creating a theme for that competition too.

For this tool, there is no longer a logo shown anymore. Is you question referring to adding this back in?

9. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    If it is possible, it would be great
    I found the overlay and change it for or own community.

10. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    I'll create an update tomorrow or the day after as I want to test a few things before as there are lots of file changes.

@NL-Jos I added the functionality you were looking for, and added a logo to all built in themes too.

upload_2018-12-24_18-26-15.png
    upload_2018-12-24_18-26-26.png
    upload_2018-12-24_18-26-40.png
    upload_2018-12-24_18-28-11.png
    upload_2018-12-24_18-30-20.png
    upload_2018-12-24_18-28-51.png

The image url will be defined in the themes file, so you can easily point it at a URL without having to dig into the code etc You can also just replace the filename too with another image..

@Robert Wiesenmüller I did a quick start on a Avia theme, basically trying to incorporate the colors from the promo banner. Let me know if the colors are ok, or would like me to change anything. Also if you have an Avia eRacing logo in .png I could use that instead.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  11. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    @Robert Wiesenmüller I added the team name display to show the portal team name if they have one defined, otherwise it will fall back on the team name of the car in-game. For now, I have marked portal/esport teams with a star indicator before the team name to indicate that its an actual team and not an in game team.

in-game name defined
    upload_2018-12-25_23-1-39.png
    upload_2018-12-25_23-51-16.png

no in-game team defined, fall back to team name of the livery
    upload_2018-12-25_23-2-17.png

I will do some testing of some other new changes tomorrow and create a new update in the evening. Let me know if there is anything that you would like changed in the team name or the avia theme.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Cool! I will send you a PM about the logo!

13. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    New update - download link in the original post.

Version 1.2.0

• [Feature] Increased trigger time to show qualifying results from 20 seconds left in the session, to 25 seconds.
    • [Bug Fix] Fixed a bug where the control panel could lock up when switching between driver info and compare widgets. (For now, you must turn them on/off manually until a reliable way to hide the other widget automatically is found).
    • [Feature] Small restyle and positioning of session info timer.
    • [Feature] Added logo to qualifying and race results table header.
    • [Feature] Small UI updates to themes with new variable definitions for some UI components.
    • [Feature] Added users portal team name to the driver info and compare widgets if there is one defined.
    • [Feature] Adjusted slow down penalty alert text for repeated track limit warnings.
    • [Bug Fix] Changed alerts title from 'race control' to 'stewards' for incidents.
    • [Feature] Added new animations to the driver info & compare info widgets.
    • [Feature] Added disqualification alerts for race sessions.
    • [Feature] Added track logo and description on the event info screen.
    • [Feature] Added avia esport racing theme.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    When it's almost finished now, you have plenty time to look for a rolling bar below the screen
    (just kidding, great job you're doing)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Hi @El_Aero, I am working on fixing this at the moment. I have re-adjusted the start line position to where it should be and also changed the direction flow to the correct way - just waiting on an occupied server on Sachsenring to confirm the direction is fine and the path is correct.

Have you come across any other trackmap's that have wrong direction flows and/or wrong start line positions?

16. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    For Replays, is it really not possible to do the same broadcast?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    I'm not the right person to ask.:)

This will be part of the next update. Visibility of drivers on the on-screen track map is now layered based on class positioning, which also means a class leader of a slower class will show above a slower driver in a higher class etc.

18. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Updated version fixing some bugs, along with adding some minor features. Original post updated with the download link.

Version 1.3.0

• [Feature] Improved meta info sizing on the broadcast control panel for each driver on larger grids.
    • [Feature] Added "Battle for Position x" to the compare race widget.
    • [Feature] Small UI updates to themes with new variable definitions for some UI components.
    • [Bug Fix] Fixed a bug where the steward alerts in race sessions would continue to show, even when the widget was disabled.
    • [Feature] Enabled column titles on qualifying results and race results screens.
    • [Feature] Highlighted time penalties in red on the race results table.
    • [Bug Fix] Fixed label on the race results screen showing 'qualifying results' instead of 'race results'.
    • [Bug Fix] Corrected the class position text color on the race results screen.
    • [Bug Fix] Fixed a ui issue where the flag in the session info timer would not display correctly in the garage phase before a race.
    • [Feature] Updated the class colour of the silhouette series.
    • [Bug Fix] Updated the class colours of the DTM 92 class to match the touring classics class as they use the same performance index.
    • [Feature] Small UI improvements to the driver info on the trackmap.
    • [Feature] Visibility of drivers on the on-screen track map is now layered based on class positioning.
    • [Bug Fix] Set the correct start/finish point on the trackmap on sachsenring along with the correct driving direction.
    You will probably notice that the size is less than half of the last version. :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  19. Schlupi

Schlupi Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Sorry!
    That's not nice at a Live Stream

Attached Files:

20. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    This will only show on startup or if you refresh your browser. Its best to have the tool already running before joining a server. Also, it should only show on the browser running the tool, not the overlay on top of the game, where did it popup? Running single monitor?

I guess I can add an extra check to not check for an update if you start the tool when you are already in a server, but its always best to start the tool first and then join/stream after.