Problem Race Disconnection

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Pro_10, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Lemmy

Lemmy Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so today I had an involuntary disconnect in a ranked race (Bronze 2h race, Road America) due to high ping. I didn't mind that really as my driving was suffering badly from heavy lag (very seldom experience that, but today it happened) and had a hard time avoiding other cars close up, so it was kind of painful to know that it would last for 2 hours! But, then I thought that my rep would take a serious hit as I barely made 5 laps when I got kicked. To my surprise that didn't seem to have happened! Is that a new feature/tweak, or is it just me and my ignorance, cause I really thought that would count as a disconnect as has been discussed here many times?
    Any thought or insights on this anyone?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    How many incident points did you get during your laps? Your situation seems to fit with how rep system and disconnect penalty work:

3. Lemmy

Lemmy Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Well, thanks for your input @Maskerader but I'm afraid I wrote that post a bit premature unfortunately... :(
    Turned out that I wasn't thinking clear here as I noticed a couple of hours later that I indeed was penalized for a disconnect, and some other incident stuff. As I've never done a 2h ranked race before, it never got to my mind that the penalty shouldn't appear before the end of the race and the completed results where uploaded. Stupid me! Sorry guys, I really thought for a moment there had been a change in this matter, but sadly I was completely off track...

Oh, and for your question; I got 14 ip's in total (incl. 3 ip's for the disconnect just as you predicted). Lost 17p in rating and 1.5p in rep, so I'll survive for now o_O

Sorry again for posting this utter rubbish of a brain fart!:oops:

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Jay

The Jay Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear that Lemmy. Seems like the situation remains as-is in terms of disconnect penalties in that case.

Regarding my issue with disconnects occurring when I was in close battles with other cars, I've since made some adjustments to the graphics settings and I've not had any disconnects since. I noticed that the frame rate would jump significantly (both up and down) when close to other cars, so my theory was that a certain combination of custom graphics settings I'd configured was causing a problem. So I reverted to one of the preset graphics settings (High, I think) and also enabled v-sync. All of this has resulted in a more stable FPS and no more random disconnects, at least in the last 10-15 ranked races I've completed.

5. dudasro

dudasro New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi!
    I'd like to ask for help with something a little bit similar. This afternoon I was getting ready with the car settings for a long GTR4 Spa race, but I accidentally clicked on drive when I had 20-25 seconds left until the start. The moment I saw 22 seconds until the start, but not everyone is on the grid yet, I already hit the ESC, but I got into the pits without letting it start with a delayed start. I just watched on Portal to get 3 points with "Disconnect" and lost the reputation I built during 80 races, for nothing, again...
    Before, I struggled with a bug, from time to time the screen turned white during the race and I couldn't do anything except exit, there were also horror reputation failures that I overcame, but now I don't think it will work...
    Sorry for the request, but it's pretty hard to get to a level with a controller in hand, and maybe it's even harder to fail because of it!
    regards,
    Roboo

[​IMG]

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  7. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    ive had that since the last major update, something changed and its killed something. i have noticed me losing connection to steam though, either way you lose the german server for a second and you cant play anything anymore

8. Firestarter20

Firestarter20 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This issue was first reported in 08/2021, and we're having 31/01/2023.
    I started playong R3E like 18 months ago.
    I was having tonight the best race of my humble career and experienced exactly as described:
    "suddenly without any keyboard input the camera switches from cockpit to bonnet view shortly before disconnecting and returning to the lobby".
    Well, given the passion I gave to reach my reputation and try hard to feature at best in races, this strongly leads me to go and try other games.
    I know it's difficult to solve, but Sector3 should do SOMETHING and not just hope people will calm down.
    It would be a nonsense to train for getting kicked out randomly (already a pain if you were enjoying the race) and losing reputation (pain added to previous pain).

9. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    You had some connection issue, they cant fix that