raceroom all content free

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by 896simon, Jun 30, 2021.

1. 896simon

896simon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello good, I would love to answer some questions, last year 100% of the Race Room Racing Experience game was free, I love the game and it hurts not to be able to have 100% of the game, I did not get any kind of Notification or mail and apart I have linked my steam account with the official account of the game, if you can give me help with this issue I would love it, my family has few economic resources and it appears I am a student and I do not have any mini salary or allowance , it is impossible that they can buy me even 10% of the game.
    ATTE: Simon Retamal

2. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Steam DLCs as well. Not only on sales, but also regional prices are sometimes very good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    A sale did you say? Coming soon?

5. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Probably not, but I hope there will be sales in the future.

6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Interesting historical Steam active player charts comparing ACC, AMS2,RF2 and RRE,.

ACC did very well with their free access weekend in May but has been losing active players this year. The other 3 games all got a boost when the Steam sale started, or in the case of AMS2 and RRE when the last updates came out, but these appear to be only temporary blips. Note the COVID free access blip that RRE got. Conclusion - sales and free access don´t seem to have a long term effect on player numbers.

chart2020.png

chart6months.png

chart.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  7. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    ACC was already dropping. We don't know what affect this free week had, maybe without it the drop would've been even bigger.

Same for other games. Just because there's a drop after an event doesn't mean there was no player gain. It took R3E a few months after both free periods to drop to the same numbers as before.

And since both ACC and R3E events weren't give-aways but free trial, I suspect the devs didn't lose much on them. In R3E I used these free days to try new tracks and bought some of them that I would've never bought on my own.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  8. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    So no summer sale this year? :(