RaceRoom GP Shanghai | 29/03/20

Discussion in 'Special Events' started by Simon Fillingham, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Giangio

Giangio Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Server 1 Gara 1

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  2. Giangio

Giangio Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Server 1 race 2

3. Bálint Benedek

Bálint Benedek New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You were really clean, which is respectable, but I wouldn't say "by a mile". :) My race was also quite clean.
    Ted: 11 incident points (5 incidents)
    Me: 12 (9)
    You: 13 (7)

4. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Stewards report for RaceRoom GP
    GT3 Cup Server #1

Submission 1

PASSMORE / MILES (D)
    R1, L1, T11. MILES is too late on the brakes into T11, hitting & spinning PASSMORE at apex. PASSMORE, having lost many positions, can recover before MILES.
    DECISION: 1 STRIKE MILES (D)

Submission 2

CROCE / COURTOIS

R1, L1, T6. COURTOIS brakes too late into T6, hitting & spinning CROCE at corner entry. COURTIOS continues without returning position and gains the position unfairly.
    DECISION: 1 STRIKE COURTOIS

Submission 3

A 3rd incident was submitted but contained no valid link to a replay file so we could not judge.

5. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    In these times where we are confined to our homes and the world outside has all but come to a halt, the need for entertainment becomes ever more apparent. How we would all love to see Hamilton; Verstappen; Leclerc et al competing in the F1 2020 championship, but until we get this virus under control then we turn to the virtual alternative.

RaceRoom delivers and satisfies our needs every time by bringing together like-minded individuals from across the globe into a virtual environment where we can bang doors and not have to worry about social distancing.

The RaceRoom GP provided our own grand prix race day with the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 'warm-up' race followed by the main FR X-17 feature. ~330 drivers would hit the leaderboard qualifying in an effort to post a time quick enough to get into the live broadcast on race day. Asia & Oceanic would also get their own FR X-17 race which would reveal big secrets as to what could be the race-winning strategy.

What unravelled on race night was a spectacle to all who tuned in as commentators, Miguel Santiago Carou & James Kirk, translated the action expertly as the drama unfolded. The GT3 Cup sprints became an Italian procession with il Tricolore draping many of the top positions for Absolute Motorsport. The feature FR X-17 race was one hell of a race. Varying strategies kept us all guessing until the final 15 mins when each driver's special formula brewed and presented one of the best chases we have seen to close out a race.

Thank you to all that contributed to making this event a success.

Stay safe people, and stay at home - racing!

RaceRoom GP Winners
    Server #1

[​IMG]

Server #2

GT3 Cup Race 1

1. GTHQ Jilt
    2. Jonas Rut
    3. Lee Rance

GT3 Cup Race 2

1. GTHQ Jilt
    2. David Anderson
    3. Jacob Palmieri

FR X-17

1. Carlos Cazorla
    2. Bjorn Romermann
    3. Robert Myszkowski

VRP winners

As stated, all drivers who took the chequered flag (both races in GT3 Cup) would be entered into a random draw for a 500 VRP code. There will be 1 code per server. The draw will be made on 4th April 2020 at midday at randomresult.com. Please click the following link to find out the winners. Codes will be sent out within a few days following the draw.

FR X-17 ASIA
    GT3 Cup Server #1
    GT3 Cup Server #2
    FR X-17 Server #1 EU
    FR X-17 Server #2 EU

Until next time!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  6. jilt

jilt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @Simon Fillingham !!

I made some video's of server 2 from the replay. Hope you like it. Took out the boring parts.... :p

Race 1:

Race 2:

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    will have a look when i have my broadband back. I'm currently in self-isolation and only have mobile data as a means to get online. watching the RRGP on Sunday cost me about £15 :eek:, so I'm trying to keep away from videos. but thank you for taking the time to make the videos for us to enjoy. :)

8. Damian Hall/Copper Piston

Damian Hall/Copper Piston New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Great event, we should do more from the F1 Calendar

• Like Like x 1
  9. Damian Hall/Copper Piston

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I've done a short video I would like to sure with the guys. Trying to upload it but the file is too big. Will have to send a link . Not sure who is on Facebook or Instagram so will just do a simple Google link.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Damian Hall/Copper Piston

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  11. Damian Hall/Copper Piston

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  12. Damian Hall/Copper Piston

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    VRP winners have been chosen and codes have been sent to the lucky winners!