Raceroom in SRS (Sim Racing System)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Paiva, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    The category with the most participation is DTM 2016 at 19:00 GMT. I am participating in the FRJunior, but there is very low participation (21:00 GMT)

• Like Like x 1
  2. rzsmith

rzsmith Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    That's actually good. I'd rather be in races with low participation starting off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I have also found the less populated races more enjoyable. 23 drivers sometimes gets a bit chaotic.
    It still confuses me how srs forces full servers instead of balanced races but people don't seem to mind.
    I feel that a full grids are a bit like the blue pill red pill situation. People want a full grid but it doesn't necessarily give you the best races.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion the system now, with low participation, can not separate the drivers on several servers, since we would see races with 6 or 7 pilots on 2 or 3 servers. If there was a lot of participation, the races would be tighter.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    No sure I 100% agree!! You are right. But my problem isn't when 10 people register. Its when specifically 24,47 and 70 people register and you get a server with 1 driver. This is my only complaint. Other than this I have nothing to add to srs!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Yes, in that I give you the reason, perhaps you need a distribution in those cases that you only stay on the server

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Exactly. And unfortunately it happens way more often than not. One of the porche cup races had 4 server and server 4 had 3 drivers. That's 72 drivers total. That's my only complain that really pisses me off... Sort of, still love srs :D

8. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Luckily, the more rating you have, the less times something like this will happen to you. I am with 475 points and for the moment I have never been discarded in a second server :)

9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Nevertheless if you're a solid driver you still might encounter kinda rookie-grid and races tend to be boring/frustrating for me and for those rookies too cause a Top 5 or Podium Position is more or less guaranteed (due to the fact that the slower ones usually give up, specially at 1hr sessions - totally understandable btw.) I like to use SRS for occasional races most of the time. The tough ones I have my own community/league races for
    I#m in it for the mutual experience not for to get cocky about my so-called achievements...:rolleyes:

10. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I understand what you want to say, however, the idea would be that we all had SRS as a meeting point and we would see a high GAP reduction among pilots. I think it's a system that the more you use it and the more you use it, it improves on its own. It is not necessarily incompatible with communities or private championships.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    That's right Rafael, it's also that atm I don't have much time for Simracing beneath my community activities (and even there I had to step back due to personal circumstances - temporarily of course) .
    Well guess I have to bite my way through the SRS system ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I would avoid this weeks FRJ as they have been running on small and narrow tracks. The Tatuus F4 is really good when they run them and the DTM's , both new and the old 1992 versions are pretty good. The F4 is similar to the AC version in default setup and might be the easiest to run race pace when making the switch to R3E.
    I think you will be much happier with R3E races. The first turn shenanigans seem to be much more mature on the average than AC. Anything with a GT3 is great.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Well, presently the SRS launcher is buggered, presumably because of todays update, so right now the issue is a little moot. :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. R3E Rookie Racing

R3E Rookie Racing Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    totally get you. i´m also racing the FRJunior and only that Series and as a Newbie it tends to get frustrating at least on some tracks, like e.g. Silverstone National.

Still, SRS is by far the Best thing for me. Just can jump right into it. Though i would love to see more people using it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Should've kept it simple like the first 2-3 weeks. Just keep rotating the tracks on GT3, WTCC and 92 DTM and rotate the other two weekly car/track events.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The car/track choices should get better next week. I'll be back racing SRS when the tracks change. It wouldn't hurt for them to show more track details in the schedule. It sucks to practice a GP layout and find they are using a short, long or national version.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Alexander Asner

Alexander Asner Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I am quite disappointed by the participation. This is probably in part because I only race the M235i at the moment. But you hardly see a race there with more than 5 drivers. I even had two races were I was completely alone on the track. I would not be surprised if they strike raceroom after a few weeks. Or am I getting something wrong?

18. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Lots of sketchy decisions this season. No 20:00 race is a really bad decision and the hourly races dont have popular cars. The m235 and the frj are not very popular. They may be cool but most people don't have them. Even the gt3 isn't actually gt3 its the adac.......... ?!2013 only!? yeah not surprised. The DTM, Porsche cup and the g5 are still quite popular surprise surprise!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    isnt SRS kinda broken at the moment? We are using the inofficial Client now right? Also the Nürburgring 24H is going on right now, thats why im not Racing right now.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Its already fixed. You need to update the app though.