raceroomresults.net - An online Portal for RRE Multipleyer Races

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by [REVS] Mograph, Apr 28, 2016.

1. [REVS] Mograph

[REVS] Mograph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    I've built a tool for people wanting to record race results from their dedicated servers.
    Its fairly earl on but I've got a free domain set up here with a rough around the edges, but working site.
    http://raceroomresults.net/

Results are saved to a database and then for each unique server name a League is automatically generated listing all participants, their points and lists all the events and results. You can log in with steam and create your own leagues as well.

I intend to add functionality for Users to create an account and manage their leagues themselves.

Please feel free to use it and report any suggestions or issues in this thread.

I have updated raceroomresults to allow manual upload.
    on the home page locate the add your server tab
    [​IMG]
    in your dedicated server settings change the AUTOMATED RACERESULTS UPLOADING section to include
    http://raceroomresults.net/logupload.php/*.json
    [​IMG]

That should be it. As soon as your server finishes a race is should upload the file and add the results to the system.

• Like Like x 14
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  2. [REVS] Mograph

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    I've Updated a few things, Ranked Servers require at least 4 players and for the driver in first to have completed at least 5 laps.

Also implemented a graph for race positions, Little bit clunky, but the whole design of the site will change soon.

• Like Like x 3
  3. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Hi, this is exact that kind of stuff we urgently need to host something like mini series and league races etc. Too bad, that S3S doesn't provide something like that on their own as a server plugin to the dedicated tool.

Therefore I am very thankful that someone like you does this work. As an admin of a German simracing community I'd like to ask if you would have a problem, if we would include this service directly in our website, maybe as an iframe or with similar techniques, or if you mind to give your coding to the public some day so we could even build a customized version based on your scripts?

• Like Like x 1
  4. [REVS] Mograph

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Feel free to include an iframe - I am working on some features to create embed code for sessions and leagues so people can do it themselves.

The vision for my portal is something similar to LiveRacers, or the iRacing community where drivers have rankings etc. Outside of iRacing, Simracing communities tend to keep themselves to themselves, and by releasing my code, communities would host everything themselves and continue being their own little islands

I wanted a portal that anyone can go to, see their race results, find the people they raced with easily and add them as Friends through steam.
    My Platform will eventually integrate with steam - I've started work on V2 which you can see a preview of here http://idleracing.uk.to/~hrg/
    It doesn't do much, you can sign in through steam and it will grab your name and Avatar at the minute, it also has some stats and other bits and bobs on the homepage.

• Like Like x 2
  5. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot ... looking forward how your efforts on this project will evolve.:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    i added all my server to your service.

• Like Like x 1
  7. [REVS] Mograph

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Good to Hear I have now launched the BETA of version 2

http://beta.raceroomresults.net - now allows players to log in with steam and link a driver to their steam profile.

Just a quick note, if you want to bulk import your data, you can manually ftp your server log files to
    'ftp://idleracing.uk.to/' with the username 'rrlupload' and password 'raceroom'

I've created a system to prevent duplicates if your session already exists.

8. [REVS] Mograph

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Few Updates to the beta site.

Updates
    1. Search Functionality Enabled, Will display servers and drivers if you use the search bar at the top of every page. Search uses HTML GET so users can link the search results on their site, for example.
      http://beta.raceroomresults.net/search.php?search=Revs
    2. Prevent a user from registering a driver that does not already exist.
    3. Prevent a user from registering a driver that is already registered.
    4. Prevent a user registering more than 1 driver
    5. If user tries to access the registration page without signing in, They will be redirected to sign in through steam.(Little bit unfriendl;y, but unless signed in to steam you will not be able to register a user correctly)
    Fixes
    1. Unranked servers were not linking properly
    2. Users were being redirecting to my local test copy of the website when they signed in through steam - now takes them to their Driver Profile if registered, or to the driver registration page if unregistered.
    Known Issues
    1. Search button "GO" doesn't do anything right now - press enter to perform the search.
    2. On Some pages the search functionality may not be implemented correctly and simply wont do anything.
    Next Updates

1. Implement Auto Leagues.
      Auto Leagues are Generated on the fly (Current system in Alpha Version), and assume that if a Session is imported with an existing server name, then it is part of a League - Good if you you want to run competitions on your server or for general pick-up style racing.
    2. Implement User Leagues.
      User Leagues will be available to registered users. Any session can be added or removed to your league manually, The ability to add penalties, DQ drivers and adjust Points system will be implemented at a later time. ( Basically full League Functionality for users)
    Please Post any feedback or Suggestions in this thread, and thank you for using my service if you do!

9. miliocolombres

miliocolombres Active Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    you can see live timing thanks

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. [REVS] Mograph

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    The current dedicated server does not have a shared memory pool, Until it is available, I wont be able to implement any sort of live timings. Even if they add functionality it would require server owners to install some software to read the dedi server shared memory and post it to the site, I have a feeling that doing this would impact performance and network bandwidth on the dedicated server itself and so I'd be reluctant to suggest it.

11. miliocolombres

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    thanks, I believe that would give life to the game

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    i like your page, excited about the data after 2 hours in a row

• Like Like x 1
  13. [REVS] Mograph

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Me too, will be a good test of the System performance. Longest race I've had sent so far is 69 laps. So 2 hours.

My system is fairly well optimized, I've only ran into timeouts when it tries to process more than 200 races in one go. which I resolved.

14. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    You asked for login through Steam in 2h Zandvoort thread - looks like it works fine :) I even found one race, in which i have participated around February :D

Some feedback from me:
    1. When you want expand list of laps, it will always expand first guy's list, no matter on who do i click.
    2. You could change format if time from mm:ss:000 to mm:ss.000, as it's standard which is always used
    3. Could you add column, which shows total number of pitstops
    4. On expanded lap list you could just show only on which lap there was pitstop instead of N and Y for each one.

15. [REVS] Mograph

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the feedback!

I fixed the Lap time bug and implemented the time format, pit-stops column and the way laps with a pit-stop are shown in the expanded lap list.

As a Bonus, the Auto League Feature is now in operation.
    For example http://beta.raceroomresults.net/leagues.php?LeagueID=33

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  16. miliocolombres

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    you're a phenomenon thanks

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  17. [REVS] Mograph

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Some more updates to the Beta,

Fixes
    1. Players who don't finish a race are now ranked on the number of laps completed rather than the random numbers the dedicated server assigns them. This does mean any player who finishes the race will be ranked above one who crashes on the last lap, so if you did 1 really slow lap but finished, and first place lapped you 6 times then crashed.on the final lap - my System says you won. Not how it work in real life but, actually Its a 'feature' that promotes finishing over anything else. Points and rankings have been recalculated site wide to match this fix.
    New Features
    1. Added time difference to race winner display on race results, as a graph and in the lap chart

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I have added my server again, your site is perfect ;)

19. TSR Holzi

TSR Holzi Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic work thanks

Is there any plan to integrate Sector times?

20. [REVS] Mograph

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    The server logs don't currently include sector times so unfortunately this isn't possible right now.