Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I believe that's not possible because your opponents' telemetry are not transmitted to your local Second Monitor. Your SM can only see your own telemetry. It can only see your opponents' speed and that's all.

2. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Is there not a way to have the opponent log his own telemetry, import it and compare?

I am looking for a telemetry tool where I could overlay these things directly against my friends. If SecondMonitor can't do it in any way, does anyone know some tools that can do it?

3. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I saw something from Z1 that displays the detail braking info that I found it's extremely useful to find how we did wrong and improve. Is this something we can add to SM?

Attached Files:

4. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    If your opponent logs it on his own and sends you his log file then I'm pretty sure you can import it and compare with your own. I haven't tried but I don't see why not.

Here is the info how you share with your opponent from the Second Monitor documentation:

https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor/-/wikis/Sharing-Telemetry-Data

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  5. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, I'll give it a shot:).

6. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    It is definitely doable, I just need to find a way how to present it properly within the UI.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ruud Nabben

Ruud Nabben New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten : telemetry viewer crashes, 100% reproducible. Open 'Current Session Telemetry', click on 'Unload all laps', and then click on 'Load all laps'.

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
    The given key was not present in the dictionary.

8. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the report, it will be fixed in next update :)

9. HanlamSnot

HanlamSnot New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi there. Is it possible to receive live timing and telemetry data from an ACC server session rather than the broadcasting from the game when logged on as a driver?

We as a team of 24 drivers practice together on private servers. You can only see another drivers speed with the regular setup of the app, but our engineers would like to be able to view al telemetry data of drivers on the server so as to help analyze data and improve on setups and other aspects.

I hope I have explained myself adequately. Hope you can help. Love the app btw, thanks.

10. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Nope, sadly it is not possible. Only the client has the full array of telemetry data, and only if the player is driving. This why i.e. you don't even get full map when spectating, because you don't even get sensible car world coordinates. ;)

Aaand, a new version, 8.7, is out. Support for F1 2020 was added (better late than never :D )
    Hopefuly support for F1 2021 will come sooner in its lifetime ;)

11. HanlamSnot

HanlamSnot New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, kinda thought as much. Thanks for the reply.

12. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    In the comparison of the inputs between two drivers, would it be possible to differentiate the color? It's impossible to compare now that both drivers have identical color coding.
    upload_2021-7-10_12-55-41.png

13. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Yes I can do that, but it will most likely be limited for 2 laps only (which is the most common use case), after that the colors will be once again the same.

Currently the standalone charts for throttle and brakes are better for between laps comparison, as these use the lap color.
    upload_2021-7-11_19-22-6.png

14. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Cool, thank you:). I must have missed the standalone throttle graph.

15. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    On raceroom
    4675 - "Porsche 911 GT3 Cup" has been renamed by 4675 - "Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Endurance"
    An evo is needed in secondmonitor ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I've updated the r3e data.json in the latest version, it also includes this change.
    I've also added "Reputation" column, so it is now possible to see drivers MP reputation in the timing grid.

And because the number of columns keeps growing, I've implemented autohide functionality for some of them. It can be enabled individually for selected columns (on by default), and if the column doesn't have any relevent information (like the reputation column in singleplayer), it will get hidden automatically.

Columns having this functionality are:
    • Class Ribbon: Shown only when race is multiclass.
    • Class Column: Shown only when race is multiclass.
    • Tyre Compound: Shown only when any driver, other than player has this information.
    • Pit: Shown when only pit window is open, or any driver has pitted outside the pit window.
    • Rating: Shown only when any driver, other than player has this information.
    • Points: Shown only when any driver, other than player has this information.
    • Reputation: Shown only when any driver, other than player has this informatio

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. norbs

norbs New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    With regards to the race reports spreadsheet. The laps and sectors tabs, is there a guide to what the colours represent? Purple is fastest sector/lap. green is PB. What is red?

Thank you.

18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Red should indicate invalid lap (when lap is reported invalid by sim). :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I'm new to the app. Is there a way to turn off the map in SM?

20. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1